Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jets Pizza Mexicantown gone?

Does anybody know what happened? We just ordered from there maybe two weeks ago and nothing seemed out of the ordinary; then Sunday night I we tried to order and nobody answered. On Monday I drove by on the way home and noticed the sign was down and the building was more or less gutted.

My gf is in mourning now. She loved Jets. We're hoping that maybe just decided to move to another location.

perhaps they "moved" to their soon to be new location on Anthony Wayne drive in midtown on wayne's campus? Looks like they will be opening up there very soon.

http://jetspizza.com/contact

Contact the main office & find out!

The web site now lists the number as belonging to one at 4718 Anthony Wayne Drive but not yet open. So I guess they moved. That's too bad; we used to order from them a lot.

Perhaps they'll still deliver to you... or you could inquire about opening your own franchise if you have a half a million or so laying around.

They'll still deliver to you. I live on the edge of Corktown/Downtown and ordered from them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    perhaps they "moved" to their soon to be new location on Anthony Wayne drive in midtown on wayne's campus? Looks like they will be opening up there very soon.
    Why is anyone assuming that the Jet's Pizza in Mexicantown is the one opening on Anthony Wayne Drive? It's a franchise business. Anybody with the funds can buy into one and open shop. It would be different if Z's was in Mexicantown and then moved. You would know it's the same Z's since there's only one Z's in Detroit so far.

Ick. Restaurants on AW Drive are a 'captive' audience to WSU faculty and students. Try parking there to eat or even run in for a carry out? Very hard to find an open meter. Though Fridays and weekends there's less traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Found out that the Jet's at Harbortown were the former owners of the Jet's in Mexicantown. Makes sense to me since I noticed a decline in quality over the last few years. I think the Harbortown Jet's is far and away, much better [[Harbortown delivers to my work). They claim they will deliver to Corktown.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Why is anyone assuming that the Jet's Pizza in Mexicantown is the one opening on Anthony Wayne Drive? It's a franchise business. Anybody with the funds can buy into one and open shop. It would be different if Z's was in Mexicantown and then moved. You would know it's the same Z's since there's only one Z's in Detroit so far.
    Not exactly. Jet's Pizza does have Corporate locations, unlike a few other chains that are 100% independently owned and operated. On top of that, it is much costlier to an independent owner [[Franchisee) to up and leave their current location to reopen in another area. Especially if they are hanging on in a financially tough market. The Corporate office can much more easily absorb the costs of terminating a lease, moving the cumbersome equipment, retraining, remodeling and reintroducing the business to a new area with ads/marketing: all while sales are on hold.

In fact this might be an agreement/store where the Corporate office took over operation and ownership from a struggling Franchisee, only to relocate it.

I love Jets. Hungry Howies and Jets are my two favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Because if you look on the web Jet's web site for locations, the phone number for the one that was in Mexicantown is now listed as the number for the location on Anthony Wayne Drive.

If Jet's won't deliver, try Sicily's Pizza on Vernor. I've found them to be very good and they even deliver to me downtown. Also, very good pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    If Jet's won't deliver, try Sicily's Pizza on Vernor. I've found them to be very good and they even deliver to me downtown. Also, very good pricing.
    Yep Sicily's was my go-to spot before the Jet's came on the scene. They also have pretty decent subs.

Isn't Sicily's right down the street from Jet's?? I've been meaning to try them sometime.

This is great news though! One of my favorite chain pizza places right on campus and only a mile or so from Woodbridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Funaho View Post
    Because if you look on the web Jet's web site for locations, the phone number for the one that was in Mexicantown is now listed as the number for the location on Anthony Wayne Drive.
    Well, I must have missed your second post where you answered your own question to this thread. Had I seen it, I wouldn't have posted what I did.