Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default No discussion? - DPS student grants

I think it is absolutely great that DPS grads have gotten $106 million in grants and scholarships. Good work, all of you

They were mostly out of Cass, King and Renaissance.

Nothing new there, although it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    They were mostly out of Cass, King and Renaissance.

Nothing new there, although it is a good thing.

Actually DSA [[Detroit School of Arts) had the most scholarships so maybe is it somthing new

http://detroitk12.org/content/2012/0...s-for-college/

Quote Originally Posted by noenaim View Post
    Actually DSA [[Detroit School of Arts) had the most scholarships so maybe is it somthing new

http://detroitk12.org/content/2012/0...s-for-college/
    Yes, and DSA.

it's a more than 33% increase from last year. good by any standards

Cody had over a million in scholarships and grants ! Might not seem like much, compared to the Cass, King, DSA, and Renaissance...but of a class of 230, it's nothing to sneeze at.

I was impressed by the number of scholarship money that Western got. There total was not bumped up by the amount of athletic scholarship money that Cass and King students got.

From what I'm seeing when you talked about the cream of DPS HS it would always be Renaissance, Cass and King. I think we can drop King from that list and put another school there. Maybe DSA or maybe even Western.