Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Is today's Detroit what they envisioned?

A 1954 documentary by General Motors promoting road building.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4I1CIJtu9Fc

Sounds like today's Detroit has become the utopia they envisioned 60 years ago. Roads are plentiful, traffic is nil, everyone who can afford a car can get around with ease.

Now our freeways had become a place for temporary parking lots, spewing tons of carbon dioxide into the stratosphere creating a bad greenhouse ozone layer. It makes the blue sky turn hazy and very hot when mixed with other pollutants. You should see what happen to Los Angeles what a mess!

In Detroit and other other urban cities freeways led to the creation of the modern suburbs and shopping areas and the blight of old inner cities areas, turning into instant ghettos.

Boy! I miss the good ole days where public transportation was common and people walk and ride bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    A 1954 documentary by General Motors promoting road building.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4I1CIJtu9Fc

Sounds like today's Detroit has become the utopia they envisioned 60 years ago. Roads are plentiful, traffic is nil, everyone who can afford a car can get around with ease.
    Awful. But note with pride it's made by JAM HANDY productions in beautiful New Center!