Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Several injured in accident involving DDOT bus, SUV

Oh MY! Let's get paid! Time to call Lee Free, Carl Collins, Bernstien etc.... According to the article:

"Complicating things for investigators, the driver claims about two dozen people were on the bus, but three dozen showed up claiming they were injured. Further complicating things, the plate wasn't registered to the landscaper's vehicle."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18...g-ddot-bus-suv

This shouldn't be a confusing issue. Use the intersection pole cameras and bus cameras. They'll tell the whole story, and can clearly match and identify the people on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    This shouldn't be a confusing issue. Use the intersection pole cameras and bus cameras. They'll tell the whole story, and can clearly match and identify the people on the bus.
    As far as I know, we don't record video at intersection in Michigan. People think that all those little camera things are there to record, when really they just time the lights and feed real-time traffic data into a central system.

If there are cameras, they are there to simply count cars and adjust lights. This is fairly sophisticated technology and would not be put into place unless there was a continous problem with congestion. Since the cameras are there to count cars lining up to wait for lights, the probability that it would record an accident in the middle of an intersection is very low.

Very common problem with bus accidents. Every time a bus is involved in an accident, any people in the vicinity will jump on the bus, grab a seat, put their hand on their necks, and start moaning. This happens in Florida as well as Detroit. People look at it as a winning lottery ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Oh MY! Let's get paid! Time to call Lee Free, Carl Collins, Bernstien etc.... According to the article:

"Complicating things for investigators, the driver claims about two dozen people were on the bus, but three dozen showed up claiming they were injured. Further complicating things, the plate wasn't registered to the landscaper's vehicle."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18...g-ddot-bus-suv
    good thing the bus probably had INJURED? CALL JOUMANA KAYROUZ on the side

Oh yes! Her billboards, bus advertisements and placards are all over the Detroit. I remember when she was starting out with advertising mostly in Dearborn!

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    You're also forgetting the part where there aren't any security cameras on the buses, either. Both DDOT and SMART submitted a joint application for Federal Funds to get security camera systems on all the fixed-route buses. The benefits are many!

So many crazy folks driving through ghettos of Detroit that they don't care about the meek and weak folks crossing the street.

Ok, I assumed like most major cities Detrot had these systems employed. Street cameras helped me get my stolen bike back. I would think Detroit would need these the most.

MDOT doesn't even record traffic cameras, and there aren't a whole lot of those in the area. Remember that guy who committed suicide [[probably/maybe?) on 696 a few months ago? Happened right in front of a traffic camera, but MDOT didn't have a tape. They are just used for real-time traffic monitoring.