Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default That's NO way to treat a Plymouth Fury!

Awesome car chase though....

There are great things to be found in the vaults of Youtube!

Ps.
    i think the car that's been mangled between these cars is American, but what make is it?

Nice find!

Was the guy in the little blue car Jim Schwartz? LOL

A 1958 Plymouth Fury - just like in the movie "Christine."

http://www.allpar.com/history/christine.html

I like how it changed from a 58 Fury to a 60 Dodge and back to a 58 Fury again. I guess we weren't suppose to know the difference. Technology at it's finest.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-18-12 at 04:54 PM.

Sadly nostalgic for me. The car my family had when I was a little kid was a 1958 Plymouth Fury convertible.

Yes, it magically changed from a coupe to a sedan and back as well.

I used 2 drive my 77 gran fury just like that. I was inspired by the blues brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Sadly nostalgic for me. The car my family had when I was a little kid was a 1958 Plymouth Fury convertible.
    If they still had it, that car now would easily top $100,000 in pristine condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    If they still had it, that car now would easily top $100,000 in pristine condition.
    It would be worth way more than $100,000 as it would be one of one. There were no 1956, 1957 or 1958 Plymouth Fury convertibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    It would be worth way more than $100,000 as it would be one of one. There were no 1956, 1957 or 1958 Plymouth Fury convertibles.
    So you're saying they had the only Fury convertible ever built? They didn't know it and got rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    So you're saying they had the only Fury convertible ever built? They didn't know it and got rid of it?
    No. I'm saying that he has a glitch in his memory. The first year for a Fury convertible was 1959.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman View Post
    No. I'm saying that he has a glitch in his memory. The first year for a Fury convertible was 1959.
    Actually it was a Sport Fury for the 59 convertible, so you could say there was no Fury convertible in 59 either!

The car in the film is probably Savoy, Plaza, or Belvedere.
    The '57-'58 Fury was only available in one color, Buckskin Biege, not blue.

The film just goes to show, it takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar!

^^^^

'58 Belvedere....that magically turns into some kind of euro-hybrid '60 Dodge at 1:26............

Quote Originally Posted by Coplin View Post
    ^^^^

'58 Belvedere....that magically turns into some kind of euro-hybrid '60 Dodge at 1:26............
    That's what I said.

Found another one! Dodge vs. Mustang.

Default 1958 & 1959 production numbers

Here are the production numbers for 1958 & 1959 from The Standard catalog of American Cars.
    Name:  1958 fury.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  44.6 KBName:  1959 Fury.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  44.6 KB