Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Disney's animated show about a future Detroit..

You can watch a full episode here : http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/motorcit...-the-lightning

It airs Thursdays on Disney XD channel, which is in the extended channels on most cable/sattelite subscriptions.

not too many cartoons about detroit. interesting visuals anyways.

I am pretty sure there will be a tie-in with Disney's California's new theme area, Cars. Opens tommorrow! http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ure/cars-land/

I watched that show just now and all I can say is that it was awful. I suppose young kids might like all the action, but that is probably the only redeeming factor. The animation quality looks like it was done on someones home computer. I think that is a show that will not be on tv for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok1981 View Post
    I watched that show just now and all I can say is that it was awful. I suppose young kids might like all the action, but that is probably the only redeeming factor. The animation quality looks like it was done on someones home computer. I think that is a show that will not be on tv for very long.
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I am pretty sure it is for young kids :P. I don't think they care about animation quality, just things exploding with music in the background haha.
    Last edited by p1acebo; June-15-12 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok1981 View Post
    You can say that about pretty much any modern animations/cartoons.

Hey compn. You got a shout out on DeadlineDetroit.com for spotting this one.

See at end of article here >> Disney Cartoon Features a Future Detroit Ruled By An Evil Billionaire

When I saw their headline my first thought was 'What is Moroun up to now?'.

Thanks for the heads up Lowell.

A few insiders who work on the show have said that the series gets more interesting after episode 8 or 9. So far, this show has moved fairly slow in the plot department. The other shows that Motorcity creator Chris Prynoski worked on are a lot more fun, like Megas XLR.

MegasXLR intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3hKkaPgsEs

Motorcity is set in a dystopian future, so its kind of depressing. Most of the characters live in Detroit, which is now underground. There is no sunlight since Deluxe City was built on top of Detroit. Its quite dark for an animated series, I think its aimed more at teenagers than younger kids.

Definitely for kids... as a 39 year old I found it to be something I can easily pass on.