Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A Shooting in Birmingham

Not a crime but not an everyday event either, which makes for news and and a bit of levity. It may also help to explain the statistic that having a gun will result in killing or injuring someone in one's household than shooting an intruder by a ratio of 26 to 1.

Man recovering after accidentally shooting self in groin in Birmingham

“He’s standing in the driveway, he pulls out the gun and it accidentally discharged,” [Birmingham Police Cmdr. Terry] Kiernan said.

“His [[work) partner says ‘Did you just shoot yourself?’ The victim is just stunned and can’t talk for 10 to 15 seconds.”

Eventually, the victim said he needed medical treatment and his partner took him to Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital.

The bullet went through the victim’s penis and lodged in his leg, according to police.

From the Oakland Press via DeadlineDetroit
    Yow-ow.

It hurts to read that!

Stromberg2

So the gun went off half-cocked?

^^ No, but the owner did.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I am dying! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!
    Seriously... high five bro!

He should have bought a 45 instead of a pee shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Hilarious post.

Humor lives...hahahahahahahaha ;^D

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

LMAO wow for real...

And for the first time on the Detroit Yes Forum:it's truly ok in this case to blame the victim:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Dude you just cracked me up......

it sounds like this dude is going to need a 'donor' possibly, for both a new 'tool' and maybe a brain as well.

Which brings up a question, is "it" on the MI organ donor items checklist???
    Last edited by kryptonite; June-15-12 at 01:11 PM.

Folks need to be careful with those Glocks. They aren't that safe for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Folks need to be careful with those Glocks. They aren't that safe for concealed carry.
    ? I wouldn't say the Glock less unsafe then other guns I would have to say the guy carrying it in his pants without a holster and lack of common sense is the cause. In a holster you can put you finger on the trigger until its pulled out I carry a glock it has a 5.5lb long trigger pull and its hard to pull the trigger by accident

Will he ever have children again, delivered through a pipeline?