Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: Within the Next Ten Years I Predict That:

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • The proposed new bridge WILL be built or underconstruction.

34 66.67%
  • The proposed new bridge will be NOT be built BUT a new bridge will be built or underconstruction by Moroun.

2 3.92%
  • The proposed new bridge WILL be built AND a new bridge will be built or underconstruction by Moroun.

4 7.84%
  • NO bridge will be built or under construction anywhere on the Straits of Detroit.

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bridge Wars II - Opens Friday

Get out the popcorn. According to WWJ, an announcement of a new plan for the new international bridge will be issued. Will the Manny Moroun's Darth Vader big bucks again defeat a team international super heroes led by Rick Snyder?

WWJ Lansing bureau Chief Tim Skubick says that the Governor will announce on Friday that he indeed is going forward with his proposal to build that second span in between Detroit and Windsor. The administration also anticipating with this announcement to use the so-called inter-local agreement with Canada to get the job done,

It’s expected that the first trip will be to the courts as the Ambassador Bridge owners are likely to bring the issue there, says Skubick, as it appears there is a clause that gives the Governor the authority to do this deal with Canada on his own without a legislative vote.
    source

i thought snyder was helping maroun? i must have misunderstood the petition commercial i saw.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    i thought snyder was helping maroun? i must have misunderstood the petition commercial i saw.
    The petition commercial is a total lie. Mouron just spreads absurd lies. The petition he wants violates the state constitution. It doesn't cost 2 billion and Canada is picking up the bill. If the bridge is such a bad investment for taxpayers, why does Mouron want to build one?

in the last question, what is the Straits of Detroit?
    Detroit means 'The Straits'.
    so it asks 'the straits of the straits'?
    just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    If the bridge is such a bad investment for taxpayers, why does Mouron want to build one?
    Ding. Moroun is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    just askin'.
    That does sound a bit exclusionary, doesn't it?! But only if you're multi-lingual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    just askin'.
    Okay if you going to get picky Detroit does not mean the Straits but Le Detroit does. So perhaps I should have said Le Detroit. Otherwise it is:

"The City so nice they named it twice, Detroit, Detroit"

http://www.freep.com/article/2012060...oit-River-span

Bleh. Oakland County commissioners do a useless, non-binding vote to support the effort against a government built bridge. The vote was straight down party lines 16-9.

Follow the money. Manny's been doling it out to Oakland County Republicans.

You forgot to ask if we thought Fatty would still be among the living in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012060...oit-River-span

Bleh. Oakland County commissioners do a useless, non-binding vote to support the effort against a government built bridge. The vote was straight down party lines 16-9.
    They support the petition because quote: "Republican commissioners said a “government bridge” would siphon business away from a private business owner". Yet the rest of the business community in Michigan is clamoring for this bridge - the automakers have wanted a new span for 10+ years!

This proves that it's all about the money - otherwise, why pick one business owner over another? I thought the government wasn't supposed to pick winners and losers!

Quote Originally Posted by webband1 View Post
    I thought the government wasn't supposed to pick winners and losers!
    Nope, they're just supposed to provide core services and build road infrastructure!

Shollin Guest

Canadian media is basically saying it's a done deal.

I guess the question is, what kind of litigation can Moroun bring about to keep this from getting a shovel in the ground? Can Moroun appeal this decision or file any type of injunction to hold it up?

..I hope that a formal agreement will fairly compensate anyone who has to be relocated.. also a good faith effort to hire local detroit residents, skilled, unskilled, semi-skilled, etc.

..I really hope that Moroun and his sick operations quit trying to block this, it's truly twisted how many people really believe all those DIBC TV ads are sincere, especially if they already don't like Snyder because he is a Republican..

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I guess the question is, what kind of litigation can Moroun bring about to keep this from getting a shovel in the ground? Can Moroun appeal this decision or file any type of injunction to hold it up?
    If there is any litigation that can be brought, Matty Moroun will be able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    You forgot to ask if we thought Fatty would still be among the living in 10 years.
    He may go to his judgement sooner than that, but he has a foul-mouthed punk ass son with a chip on his shoulder already following in his odious footsteps. The unholy dynasty will continue.

The silence is deafening. You can really see how much political pressure is coming from Moroun down to our state reps because if they really believed that the bridge was bad for Michigan, you'd see Detroit City Council-style yelling coming from the GOP Reps.

Sure, the Oakland County reps passed a non-binding symbolic resolution. Whatever. If everyone was really pissed, you'd see political arrows being shot at Snyder from every direction. So far, not so much.

This bridge will eventually happen.

I pledge to try to find out exactly what politicians have accept contributions from Maroun and they will not get my vote if I'm eligible to vote for them. They don't even try to hide the fact that they're just puppets.

We deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    The silence is deafening. You can really see how much political pressure is coming from Moroun down to our state reps because if they really believed that the bridge was bad for Michigan, you'd see Detroit City Council-style yelling coming from the GOP Reps.

Sure, the Oakland County reps passed a non-binding symbolic resolution. Whatever. If everyone was really pissed, you'd see political arrows being shot at Snyder from every direction. So far, not so much.

This bridge will eventually happen.
    Not if Maroun can tie it up in litigation for the next decade or two. Maroun is a billionare who not only holds grudges, but owns chunks of land necessary for the project. This is a looooooong way from being over. Maroun knows he isn't getting his own twin span so he's going to wait out the clock. At some point the Buffalo Bridge will happen.

Notice that there has been no comment from the other power players?

Shollin Guest

Don't worry, Moroun's minions are already at work http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    Don't worry, Moroun's minions are already at work http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE
    This bill shouldn't stop the bridge from happening. Legal challenges could. But so be it.

I think the state and the Feds should give Fatty something else to occupy his mind and start action to seize control of the Ambassador in the name of National Security [[or whatever).

Looks like the deal will be announced and signed tomorrow. http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...ncement-likely

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast