Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ford Road: a new novel with Detroit connections

Hello members,

I would like to let you know about my new novel, published by the University of Michigan Press and set in Detroit and Michigan. For more information, please see the link posted here:

http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDeta....do?id=4345133

Many thanks for taking a look and I hope you may find it of interest!

Amy Kenyon

Congratulations and good luck Amy.

Your Dreaming Suburbia: Detroit and the Production of Postwar Space and Culture sounds interesting for this forum too.

Default Ford Road

Thank you, Lowell!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Congratulations and good luck Amy.

Your Dreaming Suburbia: Detroit and the Production of Postwar Space and Culture sounds interesting for this forum too.

Received this email discount offer recently.....

http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=4345133

To receive their special 40% email discount, enter KENYON in the shopping cart under Promotional Code. This offer is only available through the University of Michigan Press website [[www.press.umich.edu), not available in bookstores. Offer Expires: August 31, 2012

I took advantage of the discount offer last month and am now engrossed in this book. Both the setting, with its multigenerational storyline, in Detroit and Michigan as well asthe social issues of the last several decades are quite interesting.

Hope to find a copy soon. Congrats AmyK Congrats. Looking foward to reading it.

Whats the timeline in the book? 70's?

The setting is contemporary, but with one of the main characters researching her family history in Detroit and Michigan, there are many glimpses of every decade of the 20th century. A well-woven piece!