Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

I am not backing off of my prediction of a Obama win, but I can imagine a scenario where Obama could lose the popular vote yet win the electoral college

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What youtube? It's a great source when it's own our side; presenting the view we want. ROTFL!
    source for what? here's what Ola said "In this corner we have Lupe Fiasco's Muslim and Romney's Mormon values and in the other corner we have the Obama campaign and MTV's values 'killing these bitches.'" Pure stupidity. Oh, and if you look at the formatting of Ola's entry, it is also totally obvious that he cut-and-pasted it from somewhere. Not only stupidity, but lazy​ stupidity

Yeah, I got that. I was speaking of youtube in general though. Not partisan sides relative to the election only! Hurry up November 6th!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    source for what? here's what Ola said "In this corner we have Lupe Fiasco's Muslim and Romney's Mormon values and in the other corner we have the Obama campaign and MTV's values 'killing these bitches.'" Pure stupidity. Oh, and if you look at the formatting of Ola's entry, it is also totally obvious that he cut-and-pasted it from somewhere. Not only stupidity, but lazy​ stupidity
    If something is 'obvious', it should be easy to prove. You've failed to prove anything except your ability to name call and be condescending. Sorry rb, no cut and paste. Did you have anything constructive to add to this "Why Romney should be President" thread?

Isn't it odd that we have such diverse groups as Mormons, Muslims, and the Catholic bishops are espousing one lifestyle while MTV, the Obama campaign in this video, regular pimps, and apparently you and Madonna promote another? With abortion, it's the same alliances. Did you even try to understand what Lupe Fiasco was trying to say in his video? I took a shot at it. Can you do better?

I could cite a post like Mark Steyn's about the Obama Ad but of course you would discount anything Steyn says.
    The Incredible Shrinking President

Or how about Entertainment Weekly? Most people probably wouldn't consider it a right wing blog as you've claimed the Associated Press is. Yet there are all sorts of comments calling the ad distasteful, creepy, bad judgement, etc.. That's why the ad should go viral; so Americans could better understand the Democratic Party as it presents itself.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/25/le...#disqus_thread
    Last edited by oladub; October-28-12 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

If something is 'obvious', it should be easy to prove. You've failed to prove anything except your ability to name call and be condescending. Sorry rb, no cut and paste. Did you have anything constructive to add to this "Why Romney should be President" thread?
    easy to prove. The text is so heavily formatted just cut-n-paste into Word and keep the source formatting. you don't get that when you copy regular text typed into the forum into Word. QED

And why should anyone take Mark Steyn seriously? This is a guy who regularly recites long-discredited papers, statements and allegations to make his case.

And why should anyone take anything you say seriously when you make absurd statements like "Most people probably wouldn't consider it a right wing blog as you've claimed the Associated Press is," which I have never done.

And why do you think so horribly of the Lena Dunham ad? The article you link to doesn't make any claims about the ad, the only claims come from who knows who, and have of them have subtle or not-so-subtle racist overtones "this isn't the ghetto" etc., yet you seem to think anonymous posts carry the weight of "truth." How thoroughly absurd.

And as far as Mormonism, Catholicism [[well, let's get real here - the male catholic leadership. See nuns on a bus) and Islam have in common? Women are not allowed in ecclesiastic roles. Sorry, but I don't see any of them - or any religion - as any kind of role model for any post Renaissance culture, and never as guides to morality.
    Last edited by rb336; October-28-12 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    And why should anyone take anything you say seriously when you make absurd statements like "Most people probably wouldn't consider it a right wing blog as you've claimed the Associated Press is," which I have never done.
    No, this is what you said:
    "The right wing media - led by the Associated Press - has jumped on this one and every brain-dead right wing jackass has repeated it, only proving that none of them actually heard the speech."

To say that the he AP is leading the right wing media is just as laughable now as when you said it. And no, I don't get my news from Fox as you claimed when you said this. I even read the AP wire occasionally because I find it entertaining and hopelessly slanted left.

rb336 easy to prove. The text is so heavily formatted just cut-n-paste into Word and keep the source formatting. you don't get that when you copy regular text typed into the forum into Word. QED
    Here is your opportunity to show us your stuff. If it's so easy, do so. If you can't back up your challenge, you lose face.

And why should anyone take Mark Steyn seriously? This is a guy who regularly recites long-discredited papers, statements and allegations to make his case.
    If Mark Steyn claimed 2+2=4, you would claim that is was some sort of right wing remark.

Your exact quote was "The right wing media - led by the Associated Press" can be found on "The 2012 Democratic Convention" link page 3 post #66.

And why do you think so horribly of the Lena Dunham ad? The article you link to doesn't make any claims about the ad, the only claims come from who knows who, and have of them have subtle or not-so-subtle racist overtones "this isn't the ghetto" etc., yet you seem to think anonymous posts carry the weight of "truth." How thoroughly absurd.
    I already explained why. I never claimed that the article made claims about the ad. I did, however, point out that quite a few comments in response to the ad were critical. That is why I want the ad to go viral; so more voters can dee the depravity of the people behind Obama.

And as far as Mormonism, Catholicism [[well, let's get real here - the male catholic leadership. See nuns on a bus) and Islam have in common? Women are not allowed in ecclesiastic roles. Sorry, but I don't see any of them - or any religion - as any kind of role model for any post Renaissance culture, and never as guides to morality.
    Madonna and the Obama campaign people would probably agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    No, this is what you said:
    "The right wing media - led by the Associated Press - has jumped on this one and every brain-dead right wing jackass has repeated it, only proving that none of them actually heard the speech."

To say that the he AP is leading the right wing media is just as laughable now as when you said it. And no, I don't get my news from Fox as you claimed when you said this. I even read the AP wire occasionally because I find it entertaining and hopelessly slanted left.
    I said they were leading the right-wing press on a specific topic. And yes, if you look at the content of the AP, they often couch their "reporting" in the same terminology as the rest of the right-wing media. More stories - usually easily discredited - about "liberal bias" originate from AP than any non-Murdock media sources. They were also leaders in the replacing of objectivity with "fairness" meaning they give equal time to non-factual rebuttals as they do to the factual arguments - it's actually in their values statement. If you look at the way they headline their articles, it becomes perfectly clear. [[for example, when Mitch McConnell issued a statement saying the Republicans would not support extending the tax cuts only for middle-income families, which is actually what he said, AP headlines the story "Republicans to block tax increase," which was, technically, not true. Had the President not caved to their demand to extend all of Dubya's tax breaks, the taxes for everyone would have gone up.) I did not, however, refer to it as a blog.

Unexpectedly lingering feuds between Romney roots and Mexican drug lords:

The Mexican Mormon War [[Drug Cartels vs. Mormons Full Length)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15