Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default Why should Romney be president?

Why should Romney be president?

What are the arguments from our DYes community affirming a Romney presidency?

ya know, I haven't seen a good word on here even from republican/conservatives here

Kind of a silly question vetalalumni. You know the only answer you're going to get is: "He's not Obama."

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Why should Romney be president?...
    Because he can afford to buy the office, thanks to Citizens United, instead of being legitimately elected to the office. Don't be surprised if Romney doesn't care about voters' opinions.

Goodbye democracy, hello legalized bribery & graft, the quiet means of only those who can afford to corrupt.

Here comes the best presidency money can buy, brought to you by the best Supreme Court that money can buy.

The best government bought is by definition the worst government because it is itself intrinsically ungoverned.

Romney, in my opinion, does not have what it takes. He shows little, if any, leadership skills.

Why should Romney be president?

What are the arguments from our DYes community affirming a Romney presidency?
    Because he's a spoiled brat with daddy issues, just like our 43rd President?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    ya know, I haven't seen a good word on here even from republican/conservatives here
    The outcome of this election does not rest on what republican/conservatives think or say about Romney - its going to come down to two things:
    1) the quality of the arguments Romney makes to the "independents" on why he should be president and whether they believe they will be any better off four years from now with him than they would be after another four years under Obama.
    2) the turnout of the Democratic Party base on Nov. 6th.

Which is, of course, the correct answer and the answer that may well drive this election.

Neither Romney of Obama should be President. Romney's top contributor is Goldman-Sachs, Obama's second largest contributor four years ago. Other Wall Street banks also figure prominently into Romney's run to an even greater extent than they helped Obama four years ago. On some large issues such as foreign and monetary policy or free trade, there probably aren't big differences because they both respond to the same donors who will win either way. Romney offers no cure for deficit spending either.

However, on policies, corporatist puppet masters don't care about such as gay marriage or abortion, there are choices to be made. Romneycare and Obamacare are about the same except for which level of government runs them. Maybe the people of Vermont will finally get their single payer plan under Romney.

I don't know if I will vote for Romney in November or not. I won't vote for Obama. His penchant for increasingly autocratic executive rule worries me and his record has been substandard; on the level of W. Bush's. I don't see Romney as being an improvement in areas mentioned in the first paragraph. A vote for Romney would, at least, not give Obama a mandate to further ignore Congress. Since every new administration needs about a year to get itself into place and vet the previous administration's lackeys, that would at least thwart ever expanding government for a year. That's a pretty weak endorsement. If Romney brings Rubio [[think Cheney), or some other neocon on board, I won't waste my vote on Romney either and will probably vote for the Libertarian Party candidate as a protest vote.
    Last edited by oladub; June-12-12 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added comma

I'm not inclined to vote for a repub basically because of their supply side/reganomics way of economic thinking. I think that because that thinking is fatally flawed in its core, any Repub who shares that thinking will be flawed at least when it comes to economic policy. Everything that Romney has said to this point tells me he shares this thinking.

Since I'm not a believer of doing the same things and hoping for a different result I couldn't vote for Romney.

Romney's "economic plan" is basically the same as that of George W. Bush [[2000 and 2004) and John McCain [[2008):

1. Cut taxes on the wealthiest 1%
    2. Kick public employees to the breadline
    3. Gut all social and infrastructure spending; preserve the military at all costs, which is necessary for a bourgeois prissy boy-led police state and propaganda apparatus [[see: DPRK) to maintain power
    4. Pray real hard that Reagonomics will finally work after 32 years of trying.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; June-12-12 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    The outcome of this election does not rest on what republican/conservatives think or say about Romney - its going to come down to two things:
    1) the quality of the arguments Romney makes to the "independents" on why he should be president and whether they believe they will be any better off four years from now with him than they would be after another four years under Obama.
    2) the turnout of the Democratic Party base on Nov. 6th.
    What are the quality arguments affirming a Romney presidency?

Yep, you may not be in alone voting independent. Though it would not make for a thanksgiving dinner topic!

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Neither Romney of Obama should be President. Romney's top contributor is Goldman-Sachs, Obama's second largest contributor four years ago. Other Wall Street banks also figure prominently into Romney's run to an even greater extent than they helped Obama four years ago. On some large issues such as foreign and monetary policy or free trade, there probably aren't big differences because they both respond to the same donors who will win either way. Romney offers no cure for deficit spending either.

....I won't waste my vote on Romney either and will probably vote for the Libertarian Party candidate as a protest vote.

What Romney is doing, and he's going to do it as long as he can get away with it is to basically attack what Obama has done,offer a general vision of where he will take us, but be real short on specifics. I don't expect to hear any specifics from him until well after the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Because he can afford to buy the office
    "Barack Obama raised roughly $750 million from donors, surpassing all of his White House opponents this year and also eclipsing the total amount of money raised by all of the presidential candidates combined in 2004."
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...6397572&page=1

Goodbye democracy, hello legalized bribery & graft, the quiet means of only those who can afford to corrupt.
    Bribed the Green Market...
    "the government is on the hook for the $527 million "
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/30/tech...ndra/index.htm
    Bribed the Auto Unions...
    "the Federal government used $24.9 billion of the $700 billion bank bailout fund to rescue two of the Big 3"
    http://useconomy.about.com/od/critic...to_bailout.htm

Corruption?
    How about the GSA Scandal?
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/18/...-in-las-vegas/
    ...the Fast and Furious Scandal?
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...rious-scandal/
    ...the GE Scandal?
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...e-scandal.html
    ...the Oil Industry Double Standard
    " Obama still received $884,000 from the oil and gas industry during the 2008 campaign"
    http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=E01

Here comes the best presidency money can buy, brought to you by the best Supreme Court that money can buy.
    Appointed Justice #1 Sonia Sotomayor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonia_Sotomayor
    Appointed Justice #2 Elena Kagan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Kagan

M
    ost expensive Presidency?
    Just google how much the American Taxpayer pays for Obama's vacations, outings for his children, excessive Air Force One use and abuse, ect. ect. ect.

The simple fact is:
    When Obama took the job almost 4 years ago, he knew what he was getting into. Supposedly he had plans thought up and knew what he was doing. He said "We are going to fix this economy".

Now, almost 4 years later, he's still saying "We are going to fix this economy". We are exactly where we started.

Hillary would have done much better.

He failed at fixing the country, he doesn't deserve a second term. It's too bad he is running unopposed this time.

If I worked a job 4 years and accomplished nothing but massive expense for the company I worked for and had nothing to show for it, I woudl deserve to be fired, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    "Barack Obama raised roughly $750 million from donors, surpassing all of his White House opponents this year and also eclipsing the total amount of money raised by all of the presidential candidates combined in 2004."
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...6397572&page=1

Bribed the Green Market...
    "the government is on the hook for the $527 million "
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/30/tech...ndra/index.htm
    Bribed the Auto Unions...
    "the Federal government used $24.9 billion of the $700 billion bank bailout fund to rescue two of the Big 3"
    http://useconomy.about.com/od/critic...to_bailout.htm

Corruption?
    How about the GSA Scandal?
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/18/...-in-las-vegas/
    ...the Fast and Furious Scandal?
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...rious-scandal/
    ...the GE Scandal?
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...e-scandal.html
    ...the Oil Industry Double Standard
    " Obama still received $884,000 from the oil and gas industry during the 2008 campaign"
    http://www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=E01

Appointed Justice #1 Sonia Sotomayor
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonia_Sotomayor
    Appointed Justice #2 Elena Kagan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Kagan

M
    ost expensive Presidency?
    Just google how much the American Taxpayer pays for Obama's vacations, outings for his children, excessive Air Force One use and abuse, ect. ect. ect.

The simple fact is:
    When Obama took the job almost 4 years ago, he knew what he was getting into. Supposedly he had plans thought up and knew what he was doing. He said "We are going to fix this economy".

Now, almost 4 years later, he's still saying "We are going to fix this economy". We are exactly where we started.

He failed at fixing the country, he doesn't deserve a second term. It's too bad he is running unopposed this time.

If I worked a job 4 years and accomplished nothing but massive expense for the company I worked for and had nothing to show for it, I woudl deserve to be fired, too.

How many vacations had the Bush's taken again?

Occurrence Guest

He's a Mormon. Everyone knows crazy religious people are rational thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    How many vacations had the Bush's taken again?
    He wasn't flying his kids out of the country for thier birthdays or on field trips when they were young teens with a fleet of secret service to guard them.
    He wasn't flying in Air Force One an hour after his wife flew in Air Force One to the same location.
    I've heard and read stories of the Obama kids closing down entire ski resorts to ski for an hour, flooding the area with agents and spending millions on security.
    These are just a few examples.

Obama, who wants to relate to the "common man" sure takes advantage of every single perk available. Living like a king on our dime. If he really wants to start relating to the "working class", he could start by acting like one of us by living on a budget.

...OR at least try not to spend our money freely.

Last edited by Papasito; June-15-12 at 04:20 PM.

ACTUALLY, you did suck me in there with the "Bush did X so Barry can do X too" thing.

Barry ran on Hope and Change.
    He ran on doing things differently, kicking the lobbyists out of Washington, and being better than everyone before him.

Well, the "If President X did it, so Barry can do it" thing is really your defense, it shouldn't apply. Remember, Barry was going to cut the deficit in half and do things BETTER than every one else. He was going to give us the CHANGE Washington so desperately needed.

Because Bush or Clinton or Reagan did something, does not give Barry a pass to waste our tax dollars.

so the president doesn't get to take vacations, even though he actually works 90% of the time while doing so? that is just plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    The simple fact is:

This list of "simple facts" is not factual.

Don't worry though. The question, which was not answered, is as follows.

"Should" has nothing to do with it. He will be elected, because the oligarchy got together, unleashed copious sums of cash, got their Supreme Court candidates nominated, then lit cigars and laughed when the Citizens United decision was delivered to them. They were methodical and patient, and got the job done.

Repubs: "He's not Obama!"

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Romney's "economic plan" is basically the same as that of George W. Bush [[2000 and 2004) and John McCain [[2008):

1. Cut taxes on the wealthiest 1%
    2. Kick public employees to the breadline
    3. Gut all social and infrastructure spending; preserve the military at all costs, which is necessary for a bourgeois prissy boy-led police state and propaganda apparatus [[see: DPRK) to maintain power
    4. Pray real hard that Reagonomics will finally work after 32 years of trying.
    Reagonomics worked quite well already. The economy is the way it is because we got away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Repubs: "He's not Obama!"
    Didn't Omaba get elected because "He's not Bush!"?

Obama must be kicked to the curb. Reason number one, Bush spent something like 5 Trillion in 8 years which is disgusting. Obama in less then four years makes that number look small, he's surpassed 8 Trillion I believe. Obama is absolutely clueless. He gets elected, works on a bill making it illegal to not buy health insurance which isn't the health care regulation needed. If he worked half as hard on creating jobs in this country as he did on that 'health' bill the unemployment would be under 8%. [[It was under 8% for all of Bushs presidency).

Romney [[while not who I wanted to run) is a better choice for president than Obama ever was. [[So is Hillary Clinton). Romney knows what to do the create jobs, and he has the guts to try those things. He will instill confidence in the economy which will lead current companies to expand. He also won't blow billions on these 'green' companies that have almost all gone under. If Obama had taken the money that he gave to Solyndra, and just given it to the poor instead, we would be better off. Now, all that money of OURS is gone. That's great, I'm glad I worked for that money. THANKS OBAMA! Another 4 year president.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast