Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default More crime in corktown

Just a warning to neighbors not on the corktown google group - a neighbor's garage was broken into last night, again through the alley. A couple of the neighborhood kids saw it, the guys realized they'd been spotted, put the van in forward, then in reverse, apparently deliberately hitting my son, then took off. DPD refused to come out, so we went to them to insist on filing a report before going for x-rays. Injury was minor compared to what it could have been [[suspected fractured femur). Got to be a better way to monitor these alleys, but I don't know what it is. Watch your back entries, folks!

Quote: "guys realized they'd been spotted, put the van in forward, then in reverse, apparently deliberately hitting my son, then took off. DPD refused to come out, so we went to them to insist on filing a report before going for x-rays"

That is just so entirely unacceptable.

Yeah, the whole evening was a trip through the looking glass.

So DocTerry, you are Gabe's mom?

Yup - tried to keep us separate, but this was too important not to share. He's not pleased when our circles over-lap too much. He told me you'd figured it out. I knew back when someone mentioned a "cool kid working" in the deli with you and you said it was your son.

Well, let the overlapping begin. I was very pleased that Gabe decided to participate in the art program at the Bohemian. Juan Carlos is an incredible artist and we are very lucky to have him as our Artist in Residence. He received a 35k grant from CCS/Skillman to do a mural on Michigan Avenue and involvement of the young people is a key component of the grant. He has forty years of experience working with young people [[both at risk and not) so I am confident it will be a good experience for our children. A good supplement to school. Feel free to overlap anytime...or join us at the Bohouse for any of the programs.

Yes - I will be making it over there. I'm glad for anything that renews the boy's interest in art.