Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Django Unchained - First Preview

I'm so there.

But a certain segment of the population are gonna be piiiiiiissssssedddd, and I can't wait to hear the crying!

If the climax comes anywhere close to the ends of Inglorious Basterds and Death Proof then wer're all in for a treat.

LOL. I'm with you Brizee.

@Django, didn't know you were a movie star. You look a lot like Jamie Foxx.

I dindt want tootoot my own horn Crumbled_, but now that my secret is out, whats a dude to do.

I love most anything Quentin T, mostly his earlier stuff though.

Trailer 2

Surprisingly alot of humor for the subject matter.

Someone is guaranteed to walk away from this movie pissed.

That's Django! The D is silent!

Can't lose with Jamie Fox.

I was hoping for Dave Chappelle
    to play me but he was busy with Spielberg's next big thing.

The D actually isnt silent, you just have to lightly roll it off the tongue. It almost sounds like zhango.

I hope you all like the re-written story. For the real thing you have to find my blog though.

Oh I've got to see this! Wonder of Quinten T. has a cameo somewhere in it ------!

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Trailer 2

Surprisingly alot of humor for the subject matter.

Someone is guaranteed to walk away from this movie pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Oh I've got to see this! Wonder of Quinten T. has a cameo somewhere in it ------!
    That would be spoiling.

Pretty good. I liked Inglorious Basterds a little bit more. This one was more straightforward and a little bit more predictable.

I was not expecting to hear Tupac in this movie.The moment it happens though was pretty goddamn awesome.

Spike Lee has already trashed the movie as insulting. Though he has made some fantastic films, sometimes it seems like he doesn't understand how movies work.
    Last edited by JBMcB; December-26-12 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Fix grammars

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Spike Lee has already trashed the movie as insulting. Though he has made some fantastic films, sometimes it seems like he doesn't understand how movies work.
    Spike has made some good movies, but they're over a decade old I believe. He's too busy being a New York Knicks cheerleader to make more movies I guess. Had heard talk of a "Jackie Robinson" bio he was working on, but haven't been able to confirm it. Sometimes I think Spike goes off when a white producer tries to portray films about black history. He had a feud with Clint Eastwood about his films "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Iwo Jima". He claimed that Eastwood erased the roles that black GI's played in both wars, and no representations were made for them in either film. Eastwood says blacks were segregated from the military until the Korean War, and the blacks in WWII were totally segregated, hence no black soldiers. I wonder what he thinks about Spielberg's "The Color Purple" which I think was a great movie?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-26-12 at 12:45 PM.

Django, you liked Planet Terror? It was so stupid I watched the film in about 8 minutes...the hipster level of crap was beyond comparison.

Goat, Planet Terror I have not seen. That was some of his later stuff. Love his early stuff though. I had to Wiki Planet Terror but now I have to see it just because Rose McGowan[[sp?) is in it. I do remember when that double feature came out.
    Ive heard good things about Django Unchained, cannot wait till it comes out on disc. I guess I could go see it at that R.O. theater, they have a bar.

I love Spike and his movies but I don't want him to be the arbiter of what constitutes good movies or bad. He has also gotten into it with Tyler Perry about his type of movies. He needs to understand that it takes all kinds of movies to explain and interpret the black experience in America.

At the risk of repeating myself:

This was such a magnificent goddamn scene.

The violence, the music, the action, all the previous building tension just came together perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I love Spike and his movies but I don't want him to be the arbiter of what constitutes good movies or bad. He has also gotten into it with Tyler Perry about his type of movies. He needs to understand that it takes all kinds of movies to explain and interpret the black experience in America.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Goat, Planet Terror I have not seen. That was some of his later stuff. Love his early stuff though. I had to Wiki Planet Terror but now I have to see it just because Rose McGowan[[sp?) is in it. I do remember when that double feature came out.
    Ive heard good things about Django Unchained, cannot wait till it comes out on disc. I guess I could go see it at that R.O. theater, they have a bar.
    Why don't you just catch a matinee?

Well you know Spike is not happy unless he made the film! I like much of his work but his commentary I can often do without.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post

I'm confused. I need a good, strong martini, and an old couch to sit on.

Perhaps of interest to Django fans: Django Unchained just premiered in China. Some of the violence had been cut out of it in advance. However, after only playing for one minute in its premier showing, a couple of government guys walked in and shut it down.it was unclear what the motive was for the shutdown. Maybe Chinese censors aren't comfortable with insurrection or was it the remaining violence?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_DJANGO_UNSCREENED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TE MPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-11-06-19-54