Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default People who should just let themselves go grey [[or bald)

I've see so many well known, wealthy people with either bad dye jobs or bad hairpieces.

Looking at Mike Ilitch at #5's retirement announcement was possibly the worst example

If you type "Mike Ilitch" into Google Images, the fifth suggestion is "Mike Ilich hair." It must get Googled a lot.

Donald Trump has him beat. For him, "hair" is the third suggestion.

Fortunately, for an old fart, I still have a full head of hair. However, I've always thought that balding guys who do the "comb over" routine really silly. If it goes it goes. Why fight it?

Yeah, ez for me to say........

I think the comb-over happens over time and just becomes habit. Also, a lot of the comb-over guys don't look all that bald from the front and that is what they see while looking in the mirror.

I can verify this as I am folically-challenged and while I never went to a comb-over I did try rogain for a while. I finally gave up on the rogain when I realized it would require a lifetime commitment to their product. The idea of rubbing that voodoo juice into my head every day was not for me as I never liked carrying a comb in the first place.

I am glad the chrome dome look is mainstream, it sort of sucked when you'd get stared at for a cleanly shorn skull. 20 or 25 years ago only Michael Jordan, Yul Brenner and the old assortment of bikers, cancer victims, and victorian barbell lifters sported the smooth look.

That being said, I don't shave every day because that is as big a hassle as having to carry a comb. I just knocked it down with some clippers every two or three weeks and call it done. I'll shave it every now and then just because I like going to the barber and getting the hot lather treatment.

So, go easy on the comb-overers, they might not really know how bald they are. Take a picture of the back of your head sometime and you too might be surprised.

Oh, yeah I hate Ray for having more hair than me. It isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Oh, yeah I hate Ray for having more hair than me. It isn't fair.
    No argument, but life's a bitch. On the other hand, #1 son is nearly bald, keeps what he has left in a brush cut. #2 son is a billiard ball. Both are in their early fifties.

I only shave every third or fourth day unless we're going somewhere special, gnome. But it gets too prickly for me after that.