Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Charles Pugh To Star In Exercise Video

City council prez says video should be finished later this month.

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...were_wondering

Facebook users [[after being prompted to log in) can go right to the video here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...1675730&type=2

In the video, he proclaims his love for bread, biscuits, pizza, rolls, bagels, donuts, himself, and muffins. Dislikes: Muffin-tops.

I don't think politicians should be prohibited from doing stuff like this in their free time, but the timing seems a little ... tone-deaf?

Charles Pugh is just as bad as Martha Reeves was as being a council person. Only she wasn't President. Mr Pugh is just going through the motion while sitting in the council's seat collecting tax payers paycheck. I hope that us residents are not paying for his and other council member's clothing allowance. If so, then the only fiscally responsible thing for the council to do is to buy their own work attire or shop at JCPennys for their suits

I wonder if he does any push ups in his video?

Great! Another 'reality show' I will avoid. Ick!

Hopefully his sweat pants are pulled up in the video. This man needs to be fired next election

Occurrence Guest

What an embarrassment. Who actually voted for this tool?

He's gonna have plenty of time to work on his ab's when the EM takes over. Maybe he can give JoAnn Watson some tips.....

Shollin Guest

I like how when you're a public employee you're required to be a slave to that municipality and cannot do anything other than serving people who ride on their high horse beating their chest yelling I'm a taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I like how when you're a public employee you're required to be a slave to that municipality and cannot do anything other than serving people who ride on their high horse beating their chest yelling I'm a taxpayer.
    Agreed.

Let the man do this exercise video. He is a public official and it's fine if you want to criticize his leadership skills in office, but he's still human and is entitled to take part in leisurely activities during his free time [[if it's not on the taxpayer's dime).

You guys sound just as silly as the folks who whine about Barack Obama playing basketball or taking a vacation while the economy is still depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Agreed.

Let the man do this exercise video. He is a public official and it's fine if you want to criticize his leadership skills in office, but he's still human and is entitled to take part in leisurely activities during his free time [[if it's not on the taxpayer's dime).

You guys sound just as silly as the folks who whine about Barack Obama playing basketball or taking a vacation while the economy is still depressed.

Calling this jack-ass a man is a disgrace to mankind!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Calling this jack-ass a man is a disgrace to mankind!
    Got any legislative examples to back up that claim??

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    People get mad because he doesn't do his job that he was elected to do. If he was a good counsel president, no one would care about this.

I don't expect the guy to work 6am to 11pm seven days a week. But should you really be promoting workout videos when most of your focus should be on the financial collapse of the city you work for? Maybe just a bit of poor timing or judgement on his part.

Thank you. So bizarre yet typical... and not surprising. There's no business, like show business!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I don't expect the guy to work 6am to 11pm seven days a week. But should you really be promoting workout videos when most of your focus should be on the financial collapse of the city you work for? Maybe just a bit of poor timing or judgement on his part.

Precisely! Rome burns while, um - well you know the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    People get mad because he doesn't do his job that he was elected to do. If he was a good counsel president, no one would care about this.

I'd like to see him excercise pulling his head out of his ass.