Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default looking for a 1 bed/loft/efficiency..downtown area

Hi all
    I am trying to help a friend get a struggling college kid a place near downtown. Trying to get find a very reasonably priced place to stay for the summer until he can get back to college in the fall. He has an internship downtown this summer and the place would need to be biking/bus/walking distance to the rencen..

anyone know of a clean/safe cheap-ish place for him to lay his head at for the summer?

I have zero knowledge of area apartments so i was less than helpful when approached about this situation. Hoping someone here has a recommendation

Not many SROs [[Single Room Occupancy) hotels left downtown. I can think of a few, Hotel Park Avenue, the Leland, and the place across from the Leland [[Town apartments?). Do the Cadillac apartments have any?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Hi all
    I am trying to help a friend get a struggling college kid a place near downtown. Trying to get find a very reasonably priced place to stay for the summer until he can get back to college in the fall. He has an internship downtown this summer and the place would need to be biking/bus/walking distance to the rencen..

anyone know of a clean/safe cheap-ish place for him to lay his head at for the summer?

I have zero knowledge of area apartments so i was less than helpful when approached about this situation. Hoping someone here has a recommendation

Do you know the price range?

Since it's only for the summer, renting a room might work. There are some in Corktown on here, which wouldn't be too far.

http://www.airbnb.com/detroit/apartments

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Not many SROs [[Single Room Occupancy) hotels left downtown. I can think of a few, Hotel Park Avenue, the Leland, and the place across from the Leland [[Town apartments?). Do the Cadillac apartments have any?
    I would not recommend any of these as safe and clean.

Try contacting Emily Doerr at Hostel Detroit. Sometimes the hostel does month rentals. http://www.hosteldetroit.com/ If they aren't, she might have other suggestions.

There may be some postings for roommates at WSU. Not sure where.
    Last edited by lukabottle; June-06-12 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukabottle View Post
    I would not recommend any of these as safe and clean.

Try contacting Emily Doerr at Hostel Detroit. Sometimes the hostel does month rentals. http://www.hosteldetroit.com/ If they aren't, she might have other suggestions.

There may be some postings for roommates at WSU. Not sure where.
    D:Hive Detroit. It's the central depository for all things living and working in downtown Detroit. Formerly known as the Inside Detroit Welcome Center. Check it out.

http://dhivedetroit.org/

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Do you know the price range?
    looking somewhere in the 400-600.00/ month range i would think. It's flexible

he has his internship money + a few of us will chip in to get him out a less than stellar living arrangement till he can go back to school

thank you all for the suggestions

try the milner hotel in harmonie park.

what about Hamtramck? It's not far on bike to downtown. Rent is in his price range.

I just sent you a private message.