Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Crybaby Kwame...

Kilpatrick whines about community service

Ex-mayor fulfills court obligations at food bank as he awaits fed trial

Detroit— Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick has complained to state prison officials about performing 16 hours of community service a month and is worried he will be sent back to prison, according to emails obtained by The Detroit News.
    Kilpatrick made the complaint in an email sent to Michigan prison officials recently and backed away from accepting responsibility for a probation violation that sent him to state prison in 2010.

I just don't get it. He has a million dollars to spare.

Why doesn't he just pay the restitution, do his community service, and get on with his life.

He more than has the means to comply, he's just unwilling to submit to the consequences of what he did, which were rather light consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I just don't get it. He has a million dollars to spare.

Why doesn't he just pay the restitution, do his community service, and get on with his life.

He more than has the means to comply, he's just unwilling to submit to the consequences of what he did, which were rather light consequences.
    Right. If he's whining now, I don't want to hear what happens after the Feds get done with his and his daddy's sorry asses.

Put 'em through that wringer...they deserve it!

Cheers

Poor Kwame, it won't last terribly long. After the federal trials start this fall he will have to worry more about dropping the soap in prison instead of inconvenient community service.

The Federal scales of "Blind Justice" are a beautiful thing, Lady Justice will plant her shapely behind firmly on his Kwamsters lap and whisper into his ear "Pazz the soap Homey, we gonna have a welcoming par tee up in here...cuddle up close my brotha and turn up the Berry White - Cant get enough of yo luv baby!!!

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving to the D

Which is it, is he a sociopath, or psychopath? I can't reconcile the definitions, but he definitely has some issues with accountability. I don't see how he ever forms any meaningful relationships. I cannot stand people like him. It's always THEM messing with ME and I did NOTHING wrong to deserve this! I'm afraid he's raising his kids to be the same way, from the few instances we've seen them flipping off the cameras for bothering their criminal daddy.

And if he has not made any money off of that stupid book, then not only is it doubtful that he's being booked for tours or appearances, but perhaps he should be turning them down if they don't include enough compensation to cover his expenses.

I'm glad his book is only good for extra toilet paper.

bizarre.. wasn't the cable bill more than the restitution at one point?

..he makes the claim that nothing is walkable in his general community, having to take highways/tollways everywhere..
    ..so why move there, to an exurb, and a quite expensive one, apparently..

He needs to man up and quit being the whiney little b*tch he is.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    The Federal scales of "Blind Justice" are a beautiful thing, Lady Justice will plant her shapely behind firmly on his Kwamsters lap and whisper into his ear "Pazz the soap Homey, we gonna have a welcoming par tee up in here...cuddle up close my brotha and turn up the Berry White - Cant get enough of yo luv baby!!!

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving to the D
    If they would tape that scene it could pay off his restitution in no time!

He cut a deal to stay out of jail. Now he can't/won't keep up his end of the deal.

So you lock him up, right?

Am I over-simplifying this?

does he have a privately paid attorney for the probation case or is it court-appointed? what about the federal case?

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    He cut a deal to stay out of jail. Now he can't/won't keep up his end of the deal.

So you lock him up, right?

Am I over-simplifying this?
    He has followed his deal. The problem is the judge and prosecutors keep CHANGING the deal. Remember the "deal" was for him to resign [[done), do 4 months in jail [[done), surrender his law license [[done), surrender pension [[Done), do 5 years probation [[doing), dont run for office [[done), and pay 1 mill within that 5 years [[was paying, as a matter of fact paid over 100k his first year str8 out of jail). So what part of the "deal" he didnt keep. Remember the 5 years not up, and he spent 1.5 years in jail when the ORIGINAL deal said to pay the money in 5 years. What part of the "deal" he not living up too again???

Remember Community service wasnt apart of the "deal". They added that. What if he started subtracting stuff from the deal. Y'all would be crying like Biotches. Kinda like now. They locked a man up who was paying thousands of dollars a month because they didnt like where he was living. So he lost his job now they getting a few hundred a month. Sounds Smart to me. Its all about keeping him in the paper so they can make more money. I know yall cant wait till the fed trial. Boy yall gone be gettin money. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    He has followed his deal. The problem is the judge and prosecutors keep CHANGING the deal. Remember the "deal" was for him to resign [[done), do 4 months in jail [[done), surrender his law license [[done), surrender pension [[Done), do 5 years probation [[doing), dont run for office [[done), and pay 1 mill within that 5 years [[was paying, as a matter of fact paid over 100k his first year str8 out of jail). So what part of the "deal" he didnt keep. Remember the 5 years not up, and he spent 1.5 years in jail when the ORIGINAL deal said to pay the money in 5 years. What part of the "deal" he not living up too again???

Remember Community service wasnt apart of the "deal". They added that. What if he started subtracting stuff from the deal. Y'all would be crying like Biotches. Kinda like now. They locked a man up who was paying thousands of dollars a month because they didnt like where he was living. So he lost his job now they getting a few hundred a month. Sounds Smart to me. Its all about keeping him in the paper so they can make more money. I know yall cant wait till the fed trial. Boy yall gone be gettin money. SMH.

Doesnt even come close to 20 million he stole from the city so therefore i have ZERO sympathy for him. Look at the remnants of the city he was supposed to have led into new golden age. Are you satisfied with the job he did and dont want him punished because he felt more obligated to line the pockets of him and his circle? I am always down for the cause but when it comes to a straigh up crook then he can rot in hell with the likes of L. Brooks Patterson...

This is just another reason for him to grow up. He can move back to Detroit and catch the bus.

Does anyone know where we can read the original restitution order?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin
    Doesnt even come close to 20 million he stole from the city so therefore i have ZERO sympathy for him. Look at the remnants of the city he was supposed to have led into new golden age. Are you satisfied with the job he did and dont want him punished because he felt more obligated to line the pockets of him and his circle? I am always down for the cause but when it comes to a straigh up crook then he can rot in hell with the likes of L. Brooks Patterson...

I agree that Kwame was corrupt and deserved some form of punishment, but why are we so fixated on him when we have politicians in Washington, D.C. that are helping to sap billions out of our country? It reminds me of people that watch Jerry Springer to make themselves feel better about their own messed up lives.

There are bigger fish to fry than Kwame. But the Feds will happily take him to court and create a sensation - it'll help you forget the bank bailouts, insider trading by senators, and other real issues faster.

Keep pointing at Detroit, but Detroit today is your city tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    [/COLOR]

I agree that Kwame was corrupt and deserved some form of punishment, but why are we so fixated on him when we have politicians in Washington, D.C. that are helping to sap billions out of our country? It reminds me of people that watch Jerry Springer to make themselves feel better about their own messed up lives.

There are bigger fish to fry than Kwame. But the Feds will happily take him to court and create a sensation - it'll help you forget the bank bailouts, insider trading by senators, and other real issues faster.

Keep pointing at Detroit, but Detroit today is your city tomorrow.
    Very well stated. Why are we even discussing this?? Its not worth it. The faster we stop paying attention to him the faster he will go away.

Whenever I hear anything about him I can't help but think of what I would have done if I had his resources and opportunities.

What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Which is it, is he a sociopath, or psychopath? I can't reconcile the definitions, but he definitely has some issues with accountability. I don't see how he ever forms any meaningful relationships. I cannot stand people like him. ...<snip>...
    Worse than a sociopath, he's a likable sociopath. That's the worst combination. They don't care about you -- but people think they do care.

Martha Stewart was convicted for, basically, lying to federal investigators about selling some stock [[which was otherwise legal, the lying part was illegal.) She immediately resigned her posts, did her five months in prison, paid out her criminal and civil fines, and moved on with little complaint.

As obnoxious as she may be, Martha Stewart has more backbone than Kilpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Worse than a sociopath, he's a likable sociopath. That's the worst combination. They don't care about you -- but people think they do care.
    What he is is a terminal amoral narcicist. He is the Sun, everybody else are planets. In his world, he is always right, never wrong, anything he does is fine and OK. He has no moral guardrails, he can't be convicted of wrongdoing because he has never done anything wrong from his viewpoint. He has zero concept of right and wrong, there is no right or wrong meter in this guy's head because it was never installed by his parents. This guy will go to his grave never believing he ever did anything wrong. He'll have plenty to whine about when the feds get done with his sorry @ss.