Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Riverwalk Hotel Question. [[formerly the Omni?)

Hi all,

We'll be going to a pre-prom reception for my daughter and some of her classmates. Family and friends will be invited to help celebrate and take pics, etc. We'll be staying overnight and the girls will too after the prom. The hotel is providing a room for the reception with food. I'm guessing finger foods as I didn't make the arrangements.

I read the reviews on Expedia, Orbitz, Yelp, etc. Most were favorable, they loved the place/the riverwalk/would stay there again etc. but there were some blips, poor housekeeping, rooms dusty/musty smelling, shuttle service mixups, on occasion employee rudeness or hotel short staffed. There were other issues too. Boiler problem in April, no hot water but it was resolved. No microwaves or refrigs. in the rooms. They have to be rented. Some reviewers felt they should have been in the rooms since that seems to be the norm nowadays. I don't travel much and I was sort of suprised to find that out. Guess we've gotten spoiled.

Has anybody stayed there? Food decent? Continental breakfast is included I think.

Thanks.

I've never stayed there, reason I being my wife and I like to walk when we're downtown or ride the PM and we usually stop in greektown. The Riverhouse was "off the beaten path" so to speak....

As far as short-staffing, rudeness, housekeeping and other similar issues, im willing to bet that you'll find similar complaints nearly anywhere you check...
    A refer in the room isn't included in many hotels so that's not a deal breaker but I wont pay to rent one either. Same for a micro...

Mustiness is the biggest thing id have trouble with. Too many respiratory ailments are affected adversely by that....

Let us know what YOU think after you've stayed there...

Default I stayed there

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    Hi all,

We'll be going to a pre-prom reception for my daughter and some of her classmates. Family and friends will be invited to help celebrate and take pics, etc. We'll be staying overnight and the girls will too after the prom. The hotel is providing a room for the reception with food. I'm guessing finger foods as I didn't make the arrangements.

I read the reviews on Expedia, Orbitz, Yelp, etc. Most were favorable, they loved the place/the riverwalk/would stay there again etc. but there were some blips, poor housekeeping, rooms dusty/musty smelling, shuttle service mixups, on occasion employee rudeness or hotel short staffed. There were other issues too. Boiler problem in April, no hot water but it was resolved. No microwaves or refrigs. in the rooms. They have to be rented. Some reviewers felt they should have been in the rooms since that seems to be the norm nowadays. I don't travel much and I was sort of suprised to find that out. Guess we've gotten spoiled.

Has anybody stayed there? Food decent? Continental breakfast is included I think.

Thanks.
    I stayed there and would do it again. Their prices were cheaper than some of the other hotels and B&B. The rooms are huge. You could move a family into the rooms. If it's just overnight, you'll be okay. It's also a hotel residence so there are people who live there. Nice river view. I was not impressed with the food, but I live in Chicago where the food everywhere is very good.