Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Looking for Sausage [[as in 'the best')

I am new here and have been searching for a thread about the best sausage in the metro Detroit area, either purchase retail or restaurant. I can't find a thread devoted to 'sausage' but with Hamtramck and Sterling Heights in this area, can't believe such a thread does not exist. I'd like to find more sausage types than only Polish.

I like the sausage at Gratiot Central Market. I always get the meat stores confused, but I think it's R&J Meats. They have a nice selection. If you like really spicy sausage, try the hot Italian.

Dearborn Sausage is good. Some stores carry it, and their store is down on Wyoming almost to Vernor.

Winter Sausage - The Official Sausage of The Detroit Tigers

http://www.wintersausage.com/locations.asp

Willi's Sausage Company in Frankenmuth makes more than 100 kinds of homemade sausage such as fresh and smoked on site. Nice day for a drive, chicken dinner and walk down the street to Willi's.

The Gold Coast on 7 mile.

Markowicz's on Michigan Av. around Lonyo has very high quality Polish products and they are a great family business that has been around for decades in their same storefront. Nortown Bakery ay 7 and Van Dyke offers Romanian style smoked sausages, especially their Salam de Sibiu, that are truly authentic. These are my 2 leads for sausage in the city.

Eastern Market Seafood in Eastern Market, between Vivio's and Cost Plus Wine, carries a variety of various ethnic sausages.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    The Gold Coast on 7 mile.
    Hilarity ensues

There's a place called Schott's Market at Utica Rd & 14 Mile in Frasier. It has a very wide selection of unique sausage all made in-house.

I vote for Corridor Sausage. Well worth the price!

Sorry it's Polish but Joyview Mkt on Joy Road a block east of Telegraph makes great smoked kielbasa.

If you were going to the Sunday DYES Picnic... you would be able to sample the Dearborn Sausage Co.'s mild Hungarian sausage that I shall be bring to roast up at the soiree...

I'm with Roq....try the sausage at the Gold Coast. Light sausage, dark sausage, mild sausage, hot sausage, thick sausage, thin sausage, Polish sausage, Italian sausage, Greek sausage, Caldean sausage, Pork sausage, Beef sausage, some with little skin and some with extra skin...enough variety to satisfy any sausage lover. Enjoy!

Srodek's in Hamtramck is the best, everything else is just sausage.

check out Polish Market in Hamtramck, 10200 Jos. Campau, Hamtramck [[313) 873-6110. they have about 7 different sausages - all excellent - even a veal one that is not too spicey.

Where on 7 mile is the Gold Coast?

Giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

Giggity.
    Doe's not apply to sausage fest..

Quote Originally Posted by piczka View Post
    2971 E 7 Mile Road. Just East of Conant on the North side of the street.

Not sure if you're catching it or not but mention of The Gold Coast for sausage is a joke. The Gold Cost is a bar.

Did nobody mention Corktown Porktown?

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Not sure if you're catching it or not but mention of The Gold Coast for sausage is a joke. The Gold Cost is a bar.

Got me hook, line and sinker. Another place to consider is Produce Palace on 12 and Dequindre. They sell a good Polish sausage [[Wisbiski's) made by Dave's sausage Co. Dave's is located on W. Vernor in Dearborn right next to Dearborn Sausage. The best Polish and Italian sausage I have eaten other than my own home made. Produce Palace also sells things like city chicken on a stick and many other delicous ethnic meats and seafood.

Got me hook, line and sinker.
    LOL
    mtsmtsmtsmtmts