Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Medical Marijuana users safe. For now.

This story is pretty convincing that it needs to be legal for legitimate patients:

Medical marijuana brings relief for sick kids in Michigan but the treatment is controversial

The Feds [[DEA) have been going after them with a vengeance in California, using Federal law instead of State law.

Our tax dollars being used "wisely" as usual!

Occurrence Guest

Anything that pisses Bill Schuete off is a good thing. That guy is a complete moron.

Aside from cutting into profits of the pharmaceutical companies, there is no logical argument against medical marijuana. Since I got my card, I don't think I've used Tylenol. That must piss some people off I guess. I don't understand the opponents way of thinking. If they don't like the medicine than they shouldn't use it. Why waste time and resources fighting against something THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR?

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Anything that pisses Bill Schuete off is a good thing. That guy is a complete moron.

Aside from cutting into profits of the pharmaceutical companies, there is no logical argument against medical marijuana. Since I got my card, I don't think I've used Tylenol. That must piss some people off I guess. I don't understand the opponents way of thinking. If they don't like the medicine than they shouldn't use it. Why waste time and resources fighting against something THE PEOPLE VOTED FOR?
    At least partly because they've been programmed since birth with the false Reefer Madness concept designed to open and encourage the markets for petroleum derivatives like nylon rope and plastics and diesel fuel, woodpulp paper, cotton textiles, pharmeceuticals, alcohol and the like. Basically, all the stuff that enjoys not having hemp/cannabis as competition!

Those industries all have publicly-traded companies, moving the loss of the potential destruction of their monopolies to all of their investors, of which Shitte is certainly one.

Status Quo is tough to change...even against overwhelming public opinion...when this institutional inertia stalls progress. Worse when one yahoo in power gets a bug in his butt...it is quite embarassing to witness his increasing desperation, though.

Good for the MI Supremes! At least the judicial branch still cares about the unincorporated populace.

Cheers!

I was just talking to one of my best friends about the usually-unspoken loathing many within the system seethe over the whole concept of cannabis!

They chose to accept the prevailing societal concept that it just 'kids stuff', some pursuit of a buzz which must be grown past in order to enter the system...so anyone who continues to consider cannabis reminds them when this choice was forced upon them!

It clouds their ability to understand that this herb has been misrepresented for at least TWO generations. Many refuse to accept that they have been blatantly lied to...and this herb erroneously scheduled with non-medical substances in some lame attempt at eliminating the growing power of certain groups.

Nixon was quite clear why he created the DEA and insured cannabis was in that top felony schedule...from the very start the 'Drug War' was a racist power move. As long as entrepreneurial urban dwellers could be locked up in prison and their voting priveledges restricted...they were no longer a political threat.

This was all done in reaction to the tumultuous sixties...they did everything they could to remain in power. Any means necessary, including assassinating the leaders of the anti-establishment movements.

I am sick thinking about it now.

Cheers, anyways, because the times they are a-changin'. Ain't nothin' able to stop it. Just hope it goes positive, because the pieces are in place for it to go seriously negative...which I'd rather avoid.

How are they safe at all? It's against federal law.

Barry Obama & The "Choom Gang"
    Via Washington Post: "The Internet is buzzing after the Washingtonian published a review of Washington Post associate editor David Maraniss's forthcoming book "Barack Obama: The Story," including an excerpt about President Obama's high school clique and their favorite pastime. The group of friends smoked marijuana frequently enough to nickname themselves the "Choom Gang.""

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    How are they safe at all? It's against federal law.
    Unless you are arrested and prosecuted by Federal agents and stand trial in front of a Federal judge, youre safe. The Federal courts don't deal with misdemeanor cases involving something as insignificant as a couple ounces of weed. The state courts deal with that, hence they are safe.

so do all of the medical marijuana cardholders who lost trials due to the judges blocking their affirmative defense get new trials? or do they get the charges dismissed? medical marijuana returned? court costs paid back? and ... restitution awarded due to jailtime ?

you think bill schutte will stop bringing charges against marijuana patients? i dont think its safe to say that yet.

Schutte doesn't care. Attorney General is an elected official. He probably gets kickbacks and contributions and whoever knows what else from any number of special interest groups, big Pharm, alcohol, LEO unions, private prison industry, corrections officer union.
    Or he does care. Either way... terrible person

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Schutte doesn't care. Attorney General is an elected official. He probably gets kickbacks and contributions and whoever knows what else from any number of special interest groups, big Pharm, alcohol, LEO unions, private prison industry, corrections officer union.
    Or he does care. Either way... terrible person
    Shutte-heel will continue to enjoy Federal Forfeiture Funding...so until we cut off THAT particular ILLEGAL harrassment, he still has motivation. It must be specifically ended, in every way.

It is illegal seizure, plain and simple. No, don't bother telling me what the stacked courts have ruled...

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-02-12 at 12:28 AM.

Occurrence Guest

I'm some of you here on this board are agaist medical marijuna. I'd surley like to know exactly why. I do not understand anyone's objection to it, even when trying to look at it from both sides fairly. These opponents can't seem to offer up one good arguemnt. Anyone here care to fill me in a little bit here?

I don't think that drug companies could care less about legalized marijuana. If it was properly legalized at the federal level they could just put THC in pills and sell those. This would actually be ideal as you could regulate how much you are getting, and you wouldn't have to put smoke in your lungs which isn't good for you at any rate.

The push-back is mainly coming from abolitionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Unless you are arrested and prosecuted by Federal agents and stand trial in front of a Federal judge, youre safe. The Federal courts don't deal with misdemeanor cases involving something as insignificant as a couple ounces of weed.
    Read up on California. The DEA hasn't given up out there. They've gotten more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Read up on California. The DEA hasn't given up out there. They've gotten more aggressive.
    I wonder if they don't use the same 100-plant threshold that the DEA supposedly uses here to determine if an operation is worth the effort.

Heard that at one of those Medicinal Expos by an attorney from up north.

It was an important point, because by our law...one caregiver can have five patient's plants growing in their 'secure' facility in addition to their own...and times twelve makes 72 plants, well within that safety zone.

But there was the question of whether seedlings and clones...non-viable starters...were considered in that count. Giving uncomfortable leeway for a more agressive Federal agency to make an enforcement move.

They used the damn IRS in one bust...can't remember the specifics, but that sticks in my noggin.

No cheers on that,
    John

I need coffee.

doctors already prescribe THC in pills, its a schedule 3 in the FDA/DEA , named marinol. patients report that it takes too long to take effect e.g. 1-2 hours. once taken, its either too little or too much. also that people who are nauseas tend to not swallow pills so well.

sativex is in stage 3 [[human) trials for approval. it is a liquid blend of marijuana in spray form.

if you look at national polls, 70% of people think medical marijuana is ok. in the newest polls of 2012, 50% !!! of people think marijuana should be legalized.

yes, i've been reading far too much about this subject.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    I don't think that drug companies could care less about legalized marijuana. If it was properly legalized at the federal level they could just put THC in pills and sell those. This would actually be ideal as you could regulate how much you are getting, and you wouldn't have to put smoke in your lungs which isn't good for you at any rate.
    They already have the pills called Marinol, and you already don't have to smoke it. You can use a vaporizer or eat it.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Yes, but mostly larger scale grow and sales operations. The Feds aren't going after individual users who possess a couple ounces of pot.