Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Rendering of the New Detroit Police Fire Headquarters

Let them eat campuses.

"Glassy and classy".... those are not exactly the words I would have used... more like "easy and cheesy"... random window placement, lots of metal [[that will supposedly never rust)... gee that's a modernist novelty....

So they are ripping out the $250 million MGM upgrade and giving it a $60 million economy special...

I'd much rather see them move the jobs to the heart of downtown into a building that's part of a streetwall and continue to build off the momentum that's going.

I.
    Hate.
    Campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    "Glassy and classy".... those are not exactly the words I would have used... more like "easy and cheesy"... random window placement, lots of metal [[that will supposedly never rust)... gee that's a modernist novelty....

So they are ripping out the $250 million MGM upgrade and giving it a $60 million economy special...
    At least it looks better than the old IRS building. I am having a hard time seeing the building in the rendering being the same building that is there now. Maybe if they had a before pic I could understand it better.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    At least it looks better than the old IRS building. I am having a hard time seeing the building in the rendering being the same building that is there now. Maybe if they had a before pic I could understand it better.
    I have to agree with you on both counts... the IRS Building was hideous... and it's hard to tell any comparison with the current MGM Building.

superduperman Guest

I think it would have made a great retail establishment with restaurants and a movie theater perhaps. It was already setup with parking and the inside infrastructure wouldn't have needed much remodeling[[I'm guessing)