ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Two Shot Over Kool-Aid

Just when you think you've heard it all:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-over-kool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Just when you think you've heard it all:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-over-kool-aid
    I know it really doesn't matter, but for some reason I am really curious about how old these two were. Aside from the level of maturity displayed, neither of them managed to hit the other from what I can only imagine was close range.

Somebody should tell these two that no matter how you mix it, it still tastes like shit. I wont be the one to tell them.

Suspects seen leaving in a purple Impala, Really? that should be hard to spot. Darwinism at it's finest.

When you make Kool-Aid you put a tray full of ice in the container. Also when you open the package you always tear it down the center, this way you're assured of getting all the powder out.
    As far as flavors, stick with cherry, lemonade, and grape.
    That's how you make good Kool-Aid.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    When you make Kool-Aid you put a tray full of ice in the container. Also when you open the package you always tear it down the center, this way you're assured of getting all the powder out.
    There were over 107,000 people in attendance at DEMF last weekend. No incidents. That's a 0% violence rate.

There were two people arguing in Brightmoor about Kool-Aid. Two people pulled guns and fired. That's a 100% violence rate.

These are the kinds of problems that have nothing to do with what side of 8 mile you're on or whether there are enough cops on the streets or whether or not there's an emergency manager or a consent agreement or whether or not there are enough jobs. They have everything to do with anger management and conflict resolution skills. You fix this problem and I'd be willing to say that over half of the violence in the city disappears.

One can argue that it's not the position of government to worry about such things, ok. But if we don't do something about this social problem it multiplies and spreads. It already has.

Putting aside the politics, political affiliation, political ideology, and the "It's all the fault of _____" stuff...can someone who is informed and rational comment on what kind of holistic, multi-faceted actions need to take place to wrestle with this?

And if your answer has to do with adding more cops [[which I know I'm guilty of arguing) or lowering incarceration rates for black men [[which won't help anything if the fathers themselves have anger management and conflict resolution problems), save it. I'm wondering if there are any well-thought-out, creative, and evidenced ways of examining this problem.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; May-31-12 at 06:55 AM.

Congratulations, you just passed the electric Kool-Aid acid test.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Congratulations, you just passed the electric Kool-Aid acid test.
    Well, except for leaving out a key ingredient...

What's a tray of ice?

No Domino's Sugar?

No water?

Yuck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitgayhistoryguy View Post
    Suspects seen leaving in a purple Impala, Really? that should be hard to spot. Darwinism at it's finest.
    Not really.

Ths two idiots didn't manage to kill each other.

In any event, this sounds like something right off The Boondocks.

No.

The ice will only melt & water it down. That's only for show in the commercials. You need hot water to properly melt the sugar. Put it in a glass pitcher, add sugar [[not saccharin, stevia or whatever chemical manure they say is a sweetener better than sugar) then shake the packet & ripfrom the top on the side [[scissors can ensure no spillage) stir until there is nothing but liquid. Refrigerate at 38 degrees [[or put in the freezer for that lovely bit of ice crunch on top!

For best flavor, use purple, orange, green or red. Kool-Aid is properly identified by color.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    No.

The ice will only melt & water it down. That's only for show in the commercials. You need hot water to properly melt the sugar. Put it in a glass pitcher, add sugar [[not saccharin, stevia or whatever chemical manure they say is a sweetener better than sugar) then shake the packet & ripfrom the top on the side [[scissors can ensure no spillage) stir until there is nothing but liquid. Refrigerate at 38 degrees [[or put in the freezer for that lovely bit of ice crunch on top!

For best flavor, use purple, orange, green or red. Kool-Aid is properly identified by color.
    You forgot the lemons.

The best way to get all of the powder out is to run a little water into the packet and pour that into the pitcher.

Mandatory pre-school. Not that head-start garbage - proper pre-school where kids are taught to interact with other people properly.

The rate of return on pre-school is something like seven to ten percent, as opposed to one or two percent for jobs training.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    You forgot the lemons.
    Depends on the color Kool-Aid. Fruit is optional. As is vodka.

silliness. stupidity. ignorance. at least no one was killed, but the shooting itself, the fight itself, was shameful. Thinking of my childhood/teenhood, I just couldn't fathom a debate over kool-aid spilling over into a fistfight, let alone gunplay..

...fresh orange, lime or lemon juice added to certain kool aids [[i.e., fruit punch) usually adds a nice spin..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    silliness. stupidity. ignorance. at least no one was killed, but the shooting itself, the fight itself, was shameful. Thinking of my childhood/teenhood, I just couldn't fathom a debate over kool-aid spilling over into a fistfight, let alone gunplay..

...fresh orange, lime or lemon juice added to certain kool aids [[i.e., fruit punch) usually adds a nice spin..
    Strawberry [[red) Kool Aid with fresh lemons is the best...

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Depends on the color Kool-Aid. Fruit is optional. As is vodka.
    Never thought to add vodka to Kool-Aid... Will try soon.

As silly as this story sounds, I know / hope there's something more to it. I refuse to believe that 2 grown ass men not only started arguing, but SHOOTING over a Kool Aid recipe.

GUSHI Guest

They lost there kool over Koolaid

I guess there is true meaning to the phrase, "Don't get all up in my Kool-aid!"

0What about the LSD???

They should have been "DRINKING THE KOOL-AID"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

1. Start with a dry container. If the container is wet, sugar/Kool-aid will stick to it. At our house it was a half gallon milk jug.
    2. Pour in sugar
    3. Grab packet of Kool-aid at top and shake.
    4. Use scissors to cut straight across [[as close to the top as possible)
    5. Pour in Kool-Aid
    6. Fill pouch with water; pour liquid into container.
    7. Add enough water in container to mix ingredients. For aforementioned milk jug, an inch or two is fine [[put on the cap and shake).
    8. Mix ingredients.
    9. Fill remainder with water.
    10. Mix one last time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast