Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kidnapping and Attempted Murder in Warren

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...z/-/index.html

Why hasn't this kidnapping and attempted murder received as much attention as the recent one in Hamtramck? Is it because most suburbanites consider Hamtown to be a part of Detroit, and thus needs to be more sensationalized?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Is it because most suburbanites consider Hamtown to be a part of Detroit, and thus needs to be more sensationalized?
    I doubt it. Warren has a pretty bad stigma nowadays.

Warren south of I-696 looks terrible. North of the freeway is still ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Depends on what area you're talking about. There are some pretty bad areas down by 8 mile, there are industrial areas that aren't good or bad, they are just industrial, then there are some relatively nice areas, like Ryan between 9 and 10.

craziness. glad the victim[[s) survived. but this ongoing trend of young women dating/having children by serial parolees, career hoodlums, it's sickening..

I doubt it. Warren has a pretty bad stigma nowadays.

I strongly disagree.

I live south of 10 Mile [[between Ryan and Mound), and my neighborhood is very nice, very safe, very clean. Police and fire are very responsive. Property inspections are rather aggressive. The blight hotline works. Foreclosures are bought very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I strongly disagree.

I live south of 10 Mile [[between Ryan and Mound), and my neighborhood is very nice, very safe, very clean.
    Fair enough, South Warren may be fine. I'm just going by reputation. Warren, south of I-696, does not have a particuarly positive reputation.

And, I must say, Van Dyke south of 10 looks terrible. Maybe everything's fine and dandy off Van Dyke, but the street looks really bad. There's many vacant buildings/ vacant lots, obvious prostitution activity, and all the retail is low end [[pawn shops, liquor stores, "indoor gardening" outlets, etc.).

But maybe the residential is holding up better than the retail. That isn't an uncommon scenario in many parts of the region.

Fair enough, South Warren may be fine. I'm just going by reputation. Warren, south of I-696, does not have a particuarly positive reputation.
    There's more trailer parks closer to 8 Mile, I would imagine those are rough, but I've never lived in a trailer park before.

Some people are getting their panties in a wad because In the last 5 years the south end has become rather diverse, but it's mainly only racist people that are sounding fire alarms in south Warren, and for the most part, there isn't much racism that I've seen.

One of my neighbor's did complain to me about the "blacks and Indians" moving in, I told him that everyone I knew was nice and I didn't have a problem with any of them. Kind of funny how he thought that because I'm white that I would be sympathetic to his narrow minded thinking from the past.