Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default People robbed inside Somerset Collection

Shoppers Say They Were Robbed at Somerset Collection in Troy

TROY, Mich. [[WJBK) - A couple says they were robbed at gunpoint in the middle of the day. But this didn't happen on the streets of Detroit. It went down at the Somerset Collection, the upscale shopping destination in Troy.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ection-in-troy

I guess it's time to abandon Troy and Somerset Collections now. It's too unsafe there now with Detroiters moving in.

Great Lakes Crossings will be the new Somerset.

When Detroit Mayor Coleman Young said that when it's time for crooks, theives and murders to 'hit 8 Mile Rd' they did.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Town View Post
    Shoppers Say They Were Robbed at Somerset Collection in Troy

TROY, Mich. [[WJBK) - A couple says they were robbed at gunpoint in the middle of the day. But this didn't happen on the streets of Detroit. It went down at the Somerset Collection, the upscale shopping destination in Troy.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ection-in-troy
    Lets put this into the correct context... these people were NOT robbed at gunpoint... it was a grab and run robbery... and only when the robbers were cornered, did the perps pull the gun.

And Cartier Glasses?? Wasn't a 15 year old Southfield kid killed a few years ago for NOT giving up his Cartier glasses?

What is it about people liking to wear their bling and other status symbols in public?? You might as well attach hundred dollar bills to your belt...

If you try attracting attention... you're likely to get it.... ... but not the kind you expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Lets put this into the correct context... these people were NOT robbed at gunpoint... it was a grab and run robbery... and only when the robbers were cornered, did the perps pulled the gun.

And Cartier Glasses?? Wasn't a 15 year old Southfield kid killed a few years ago for NOT giving up his Cartier glasses?

What is it about people liking to wear their bling and other status symbols in public?? You might as well attach hundred dollar bills to your belt...

If you try attracting attention... you're likely to get it.... ... but not the kind you expected!

If you can't wear bling in Somerset where can you wear it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    If you can't wear bling in Somerset where can you wear it?
    Weddings, Monte Carlo, Cannes, Deauville, Baden Baden, Ascot, Place Vendome, Oscars and maybe the Opera.... but a shopping center?? Even the folks on Rodeo Drive dress casual...

TO HALL ROAD!

jkjk

I’m just sick and tired of criminals. I don’t care where it happens, where they’re from, or who does it. It’s time for people to grow-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Lets put this into the correct context... these people were NOT robbed at gunpoint... it was a grab and run robbery... and only when the robbers were cornered, did the perps pulled the gun.

I don't agree with blaming the victim, but there are things we can do to minimize becoming victims.

The way I value things, I would never wear such things. Paying down my mortgage and other debts is more important than buying expensive glasses and showboating them around. But the great thing about America is that we're free to do as we like.

The only people in the wrong here are the thieves.

I have a pair of sunglasses from the Mobil at Cadieux and Harper. They were six dollars. I get compliments and they work great. I also have no credit card debt. Even independent of their status as victims, they're still idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I have a pair of sunglasses from the Mobil at Cadieux and Harper. They were six dollars. I get compliments and they work great. I also have no credit card debt. Even independent of their status as victims, they're still idiots.
    That's a dangerous intersection, I cannot believe you risked your life for sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I don't agree with blaming the victim, but there are things we can do to minimize becoming victims.
    I didn't blame them... I merely pointed out how they did everything right to be the poster child of victimhood....

Those were the type of glasses stolen in Pontiac prior to the party bus shooting.

I'm sure there were easier marks like older woman with more expensive jewelry, but Cartier glasses are probably high on the list of the criminal set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That's a dangerous intersection, I cannot believe you risked your life for sunglasses.
    I used to gas up at Cadieux and Harper every Sunday. Sad that it's gotten so rough there.

Don't know what to say about the Somerset incident other than that I'm just as angry about that as I am about the downtown shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    When Detroit Mayor Coleman Young said that when it's time for crooks, theives and murders to 'hit 8 Mile Rd' they did.
    They did better and 'hit 696'.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Don't know what to say about the Somerset incident
    I'll say it, crime knows no boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I'd rather purchase gas at Harper and Cadieux than Davison and Linwood.

As a plus, you may have been able to watch that guy who dances at that intersection. [[usually on the SW side) He's really good!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    As a plus, you may have been able to watch that guy who dances at that intersection. [[usually on the SW side) He's really good!
    Yep, he's still going strong.

The Mobil is a little sketchy because it's one cent cheaper than the other 3. Never had a problem, though. The dancing guy has been at it for like a year and a half now, and he's still doing fine, so it can't be that bad.

Yep, he's still going strong.

The Mobil is a little sketchy because it's one cent cheaper than the other 3. Never had a problem, though. The dancing guy has been at it for like a year and a half now, and he's still doing fine, so it can't be that bad.
    He's been at it for longer than that. We used to call him Gumby because of his flexibility, but then I saw him one day at Fenkell and the Lodge waiting for a transfer. We asked him why he was so far from his home base [[along Cadiuex), said his name was Chris, and was on the way to his sister's. We honk at him regularly, and occasionally will get out at the Sherwin Williams on Cadieux and plop a buck or two in his "tip can"

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    He's been at it for longer than that. We used to call him Gumby because of his flexibility, but then I saw him one day at Fenkell and the Lodge waiting for a transfer. We asked him why he was so far from his home base [[along Cadiuex), said his name was Chris, and was on the way to his sister's. We honk at him regularly, and occasionally will get out at the Sherwin Williams on Cadieux and plop a buck or two in his "tip can"
    Near the White Castle on Wyoming?

Haven't seen this guy since last summer. Didn't know he was all over the city.

He dances his ass off.

Yeah, you had best be very careful at all Malls. I was with a friend at the Apple store recently at Somerset for her to purchase a computer - an expensive proposition - and Apple provides a rear entry 'pick up' option to pick up your purchase.

We opted out of that and walked thru the mall with the computer which was cumbersome but not bad as we valet parked. I might want to rethink that option in the future. Good Apple provides a secure option for big ticket purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    They did better and 'hit 696'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-30-12 at 09:44 AM.

I still don't understand how this happened?

Attachment 13704

I try to avoid shopping at all malls for big purchases. Thieves know where to camp out and wait for you walking around with those big signature shopping bags. I recently wanted a nice handbag that I'd been dreaming of for a while, but I was afraid of going into the store and buying it so publicly. I went to the store and chose the one I wanted, then ordered it online. It's a shame that it has to be that way, but it does.

UPDATE:

Man Faces Charges in Armed Robbery at Somerset Collection

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...n-20120530-spb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast