Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Peaock Room in the Park Shelton

Has anyone been to this vintage store inside the Park Shelton? The proprietor is Rachel Lutz. Got me an awsome iridescent tie that said on the back "from the executive collection, Hudson's Mens Shop Detroit Michigan" They have some very cool unique things there. Go check it out support Detroit's local businesses. If you've been there what are your thoughts/comments about the place, just wondering.

100% Agreed! She has some Awesome things in that little shop of hers. I received a beautiful scarf from there for Christmas and have treated myself to some jewelry and a cute change purse, always find something to spend my money on in there !

Didn't know it existed. I will direct my wife and daughter there, as I am sartorially challenged.

Wonderful store full of unique clothing and accessories and gifts!! I have never made it out of the store without purchasing at least one item!!

Highly recommended for the variety and the reasonable prices!

The Peacock Room is a Detroit Gem!

Check out the Peacocks facebook at www.facebook.com/peacockroom

I love to spend money with Rachel in the Peacock Room! My idea of a great evening is to have dinner at Wasabi then head across the aisle to treat myself or my daughter to a beautiful little bauble or nice scarf. Please go in and introduce yourselves! Partake in the wonderful atmosphere....its like the old days in Hudson's Fine Shopping areas in the downtown store.

I looked at this thread just before stepping out for dinner last night...and I'm sure it was the power of suggestion, but just after we sat down and ordered our beers from the totally lovely Ellen at the Park Bar, a woman came in who SO reminded me of Rachael that I joked I would cast her in Rachael's life movie as her fifteen or so years ago!

We've not been INTO her shop yet...it is still not 'normal' to go into the Park Shelton lobby for anything [[since I lived there for six months in the late-80s, and I still miss Cappy's!). Every time we've been in the neighborhood, it's been for some event at the DIA that we're nearly late for.

Talked with Rachael during the Nain Rouge parade, where she had a cool display in the ballroom at the end of it all, and promised to never get near without dropping by again.

After hearing Gnome's report, and knowing my lifelong odd affection for amazing ties...even though I'm in a 30-year flinch from HAVING to wear them for 12 years of parochial school...I'll have to bring lotsa cash.

Cheers and more...for the Peacock Room and beyond!

Have shopped there a few times and am always amazed at the variety of things Rachel has. I will be taking my granddaughter there to by a birthday present of her choosing..you know us grandma's don't have the same taste as the young ones do!

See you soon, Rachel!

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...sed-people.php

Best new sign of revitalization in Detroit? Our clothes no longer suck! It was not too long ago [[July, 2011) that GQ Magazine said we were one of America's worst dressed cities.But oh how we have changed our ways! This month, Travel + Leisure announced America's Worst Dressed People [[by city) and we.... escaped the list entirely! Which is not quite like making a "Best Dressed" list but it is like being the kid at school that everyone picks on who goes away for the summer and comes back in the fall to find that the cool kids still wont' let you sit at their table but are willing to ignore you because they found someone else to pick on. That being Anchorage.

I picked up a very fine bow tie at the Peacock Room. It is the only bow tie I own that didn't previously belong to my dad. It is a "Beau-Tie from Vermont" and it has never failed to gain queries as to its origin; I always direct them to Rachel's fine shop.

Oh, while not inexpensive at $35, it was an affordable luxury. In fact, if Rachel would consider a slogan I would submit:

The Peacock Room
    Affordable Luxuries

If the weather permits, I'll try to wear the Beau-Tie to the picnic.
    Last edited by gnome; June-01-12 at 05:44 PM.

^^^
    Great, it should be Beau-Tie-Ful weather at the picnic! ........Grooaann!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...sed-people.php

Best new sign of revitalization in Detroit? Our clothes no longer suck! It was not too long ago [[July, 2011) that GQ Magazine said we were one of America's worst dressed cities.But oh how we have changed our ways! This month, Travel + Leisure announced America's Worst Dressed People [[by city) and we.... escaped the list entirely! Which is not quite like making a "Best Dressed" list but it is like being the kid at school that everyone picks on who goes away for the summer and comes back in the fall to find that the cool kids still wont' let you sit at their table but are willing to ignore you because they found someone else to pick on. That being Anchorage.
    Detroit need more tasteful boutiques and shops in the midtown/dowtown area. I had told my sister about a store called "The Black Dress" which is on Canfield south of Woodward. I had purchased some items from the Peacock Room. A very tasteful boutique. I would love to see Woodward lined with more good independent boutiques, shirt/dress shops, footwear etc.