Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Occurrence Guest

Default When did they start selling Faygo at Comerica Park?

I didn't realize they started selling Faygo at Comerica. Has it always been there or is this just something they started recently?

I think it started this year. They sell Detroit stuff where Big Boy used to be.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I think it started this year. They sell Detroit stuff where Big Boy used to be.

Stromberg2
    Yeah, I also heard this was the first year they sold coney dogs at the ballpark. Guess that made-in-Michigan stuff is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah, I also heard this was the first year they sold coney dogs at the ballpark. Guess that made-in-Michigan stuff is working.
    Leo's Coney Island has been in COPA from the first Opening Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Leo's Coney Island has been in COPA from the first Opening Day.
    But hot dogs, right? Not coney dogs?

Oh no they had coneys back then, and chili fries. I always eat at Leos cause it's a heck of lot cheaper then the ballpark vendor food.

Maybe it's the circulating vendors then. I had heard on good authority that this was the first year the hot dog vendors would be selling coney dogs.

It's nice to think a company like Coca-Cola or Pepsi doesnt control the total distribution of soda in the stadium, and Detroiters can benefit from a great local product, and local pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Maybe it's the circulating vendors then. I had heard on good authority that this was the first year the hot dog vendors would be selling coney dogs.

I've been to 9 games so far and never seen a coney dog vendor outside of Leo's, but maybe they only hang out in the high end lower deck seats. I also haven't seen the old fashioned hot water dog vendors they had last year. Too bad- they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    It's nice to think a company like Coca-Cola or Pepsi doesnt control the total distribution of soda in the stadium, and Detroiters can benefit from a great local product, and local pride.
    Didn't know those companies sold baking soda

Pure Michigan must be behind all this

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post
    Didn't know those companies sold baking soda

Pure Michigan must be behind all this

I should have written pop I guess, anglos in Quebec say soft drinks and as soon as you cross the border into Ontario, they call it pop, or soda pop.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I should have written pop I guess, anglos in Quebec say soft drinks and as soon as you cross the border into Ontario, they call it pop, or soda pop.
    Canuck, you are too nice.

1) Windsor is part of our area too

2) This was a hit to some degree in Michigan back in the day. Patio Lanterns was an even bigger hit.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...dHelyXlqw-92mw

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I didn't realize they started selling Faygo at Comerica. Has it always been there or is this just something they started recently?

It probably costs more at Comerica than it does at the store so it should be of no importance to you.