Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default What happened to the Scientologists?

I thought they had bought the Raymond James Building with the intention of building a mothership to work their mojo on the weak minds downtown. Besides Gannon, the only weak minds are in CAY, what gives?

Oh, I don't know. : )

Attachment 1884
    Last edited by Lowell; June-19-09 at 12:49 PM.

A few of them were offering free personality tests last Saturday outside of the Raymond James Building.

DetroitDad Guest

Didn't Gannon predict the financial crisis beforehand? He seems pretty sharp.

I wouldn't mind that group choosing the suburbs over the city, although, maybe I just don't understand them...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    maybe I just don't understand them...
    What's so difficult to understand? Jesus flies a spaceship hidden by Haley's Comet.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    What's so difficult to understand? Jesus flies a spaceship hidden by Haley's Comet.

If he's not in a spaceship, where is he?

They used to set up shop in Oakland Mall. every time I saw someone going through one of their assessments I would walk over and say something like "don't forget to ask about the aliens who flew here in a 707"

gravitymachine Guest

THE best story relating to scientology ever

http://www.buffalobeast.com/110/cult...cientology.htm

Why would Scientologists want to bring their *cough cough cough* 'religion' *cough cough cough* to Detroit? Don't they know the average Detroiter can't afford to move up their levels of awareness? And I'm sure if they could, they'll be really p.o.'ed to find out that Tom Cruise and Co. believe that Captain Voltan and the space aliens created Earth.

DetroitDad Guest

Shhhhhhhh!

They'll hear you.

Haven't you heard about what Scientologists do to people who cross or question them?
    Last edited by DetroitDad; June-19-09 at 10:39 AM.

uh.. no thanks..

Retroit Guest

I'll convert, but only if I can be a polygamist and be rewarded with 72 virgins for killing a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post

Shhhhhhhh!

They'll hear you.

Haven't you heard about what Scientologists do to people who cross or question them?

Uh, anal probes ?

I had a girl friends who took one of their personality tests. She was starting to get sucked right in, a common sense, helpful, one step at a time way. A few more months and she would have been on the inside looking out. This was about 15 years ago, and luckily Time magazine had just done an expose on Scientology and I gave a copy to her and she read it and snapped right out of it.

But if they put a bright blinking beacon on the Raymond James Building ... I ... might .... must obey. Coming master.

The UFO came and took them away to Hubbard's sex slave camp.

They used to have a storefront in Royal Oak, and they would stand on the corner at Main & Fourth and offer "personality tests" to everyone. Tenacious buggers, too. They would follow you across the street trying to get you to go inside. I suppose I should watch what I say here--they're liable to send their alien lawyers after me for libel.

Blarf Guest

If you're going to allow catholic churches in the city, why not Scientologists? They are both equally wack.

Who said anything about not allowing them in the city?

It's funny ...as crazy as Scientology is and as openly mocked for it's ridiculousness, no one seems to have problem with virgin births and worshiping a jewish zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    If you're going to allow catholic churches in the city, why not Scientologists? They are both equally wack.
    What does that mean?

I think Blarf means what I feel; that all religions are.....well, maybe I better not get into that on a forum.

The difference is the Catholic church doesn't force you to pay. Scientology centers should be taxed. If they were, I'd say by all means open up shop. Other than providing a commercial building owner with some revenue, and a couple [[probably low-paying) jobs, a scientology center provides no municipal benefit.

Sludgedaddy Guest

In order to gather converts, one must dress the part. Those Mormon kids on bicycles have already copped the "Men in Black" look.

I would suggest that those offering the personality test sould travel the city on skateboards and wear those inverted flower pots on their heads that were once sported by Devo.

Also adopting Gene Chandler's "Duke of Earl" as a mantra could possibly appeal to more folks.

Duke....Duke....Duke.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I think Blarf means what I feel; that all religions are.....well, maybe I better not get into that on a forum.
    I am passionate about my Church, so please don't call it a "scam". Scientology was invented my science fiction writer for the benefit of himself. The Catholic Church was founded by a Man who came to Earth for the salvation of mankind. [[I'm not much for preaching about my church unless I have to, so that's all I have to say about that.) FIN.

Also adopting Gene Chandler's "Duke of Earl" as a mantra could possibly appeal to more folks.
    You brought a world of hurt from the Scientologists. What will happen when that 707 hovers above your house ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast