Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bill O'Reilly Talks About Monica Conyers Tonight!

Now all of America knows about this

I'm sure he'll try to tie this all to Obama, as all Democrats, and specifically black Democrats are all the same to the right wing.

The pot calling the kettle black - Oh wait !

oh, no... here we go..

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I'm sure he'll try to tie this all to Obama, as all Democrats, and specifically black Democrats are all the same to the right wing.
    I don't recall any mention of Obama, but I'll check the re-broadcast later.

I'm a City Council Member - Get me out of here !

Mon con - don't disrespect me, don't disrespect my property, don't disrespect my position, and - [[don't disrespect reporters asking for a quote about a taxpayer paid position serving taxpayers).
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-18-09 at 09:29 PM.

I saw it. About a 90 second stint that skimmed over the basics. No big surprise, but it did startle me when O'Reilly commented "she won't do any jail time". If that's true, a whole lot of Detroiters are gonna be disappointed.

Default I just want to smack her

I didn't take that statement as a fact. Just O'Reilly's opinion of the outcome. I assume he's used to what happens to the politically shamed, Washington DC style. In the 313, you don't get off free.

Dear Detroit: It's time to speak up, again, ...even if it's just to send an email to freep.com...tell them you want her head on a stick, or something similar. Call the FBI [[[313) 965-2323], tell them to throw the book at her. I'll be doing that, myself, first thing tomorrow. [[They don't have an e-mail option online.) How about a Rico charge? Where's hubby in this? The People can really make a statement that they won't put up with this imperial attitude corrupt cr@p anymore.

Chicagoans seem to like their warm and fuzzy corruption. I don't believe that about Detroit, somehow. We're to damn recalcitrant for that; you can only be sheep for so long.

Dissapointed, hell. Stand up for Detroit! The place that nurtured you, and educated you and enabled your parents and grandparents to make a living and raise their kids [[you). How dare that skank [[help) screw up my beloved hometown? I just want to smack her, but barring that, let's impeach Conyers, sue her for malpractice [[can we do that?), run her out of town.

Hell, you can even send her down here to Texas so we can make fun of her, too. It's real hot down here now, and ostracizing arrogant phonies is a very entertaining amusement accomplished with a minimum of exertion.

Retroit Guest

Let's face it, most Detroiters [[other than those who post on this forum) probably support Moronica Conyours even after all her monkey business. They would probably do and say the same things as she has. Look at all the fools that supported King Kwamg.

Quote Originally Posted by xstigmatax View Post
    ....Then again the majority of the people who post on this board are nutjobs with some of the worst ideas and beliefs ever witnessed so it does not surprise me one bit.
    Oh the irony.....

Downtown diva Guest

Not sure if Monica is guilty of all this...something is fishy here.

Is it possible that L Brook Pattinson is involved in this? I think he and his minyans are trying to frame her...sure she may look guilty, but i am not so sure

10 bucks says that he has a hand in this.

Downtown diva Guest

Also, we should all write letters to Bill oreilly telling him how we feel. He reads letters all the time, and we could get some great publicity for our cause. Also, we may be able to draw some adaptive re-use developers with stimulus dollars...

Thoughts?

MIRepublic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Let's face it, most Detroiters [[other than those who post on this forum) probably support Moronica Conyours even after all her monkey business.
    Well, except for the fact that she polled 4% in a mayoral poll, which would kind of indicate if they even polled her for re-election the council it probably wouldn't make it out of the teens. Or that 70% gave her a negative favorable opinion as far back as April [[should have been higher) with the same poll giving her a 90% negative job rating on the council. Besides that, of course. No, I don't think most Detroiters support Monica Conyers despite your habitually negative, irrationally cynical posts about anything and everything Detroit.
    Last edited by MIRepublic; June-19-09 at 09:20 PM.

Downtown diva Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
    Well, except for the fact that she polled 4% in a mayoral poll, which would kind of indicate if they even polled her for re-election the council it probably wouldn't make it out of the teens. Or that 70% gave her a negative favorable opinion as far back as April [[should have been higher) with the same poll giving her a 90% negative job rating on the council. Besides that, of course. No, I don't think most Detroiters support Monica Conyers despite your habitually negative, irrationally cynical posts about anything and everything Detroit.
    I, four one, would vote for her again.

I know plenty of people who would as well.

You probably are talking to too many people from suburbia

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Oh the irony.....
    Well, hey, Gistok. Nice to bump heads with you. You're the perfect example of the smarts that still exist in the Detroit gene pool. I know the brain drain is not complete. Conversely, xstigmatax's definition of a "nut job" is someone whose opinions he doesn't like. So Archie Bunker-esque. Retro is so in!

IMHO if you just whine and bellyache and not at least participate in the fate of your own surroundings, you get what you deserve. Not voting wisely, not being informed and just sitting back is the worst thing to do. I'm just waiting for the outrage, is all.

Downtown diva Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    I didn't take that statement as a fact. Just O'Reilly's opinion of the outcome. I assume he's used to what happens to the politically shamed, Washington DC style. In the 313, you don't get off free.

Dear Detroit: It's time to speak up, again, ...even if it's just to send an email to freep.com...tell them you want her head on a stick, or something similar. Call the FBI [[[313) 965-2323], tell them to throw the book at her. I'll be doing that, myself, first thing tomorrow. [[They don't have an e-mail option online.) How about a Rico charge? Where's hubby in this? The People can really make a statement that they won't put up with this imperial attitude corrupt cr@p anymore.

Chicagoans seem to like their warm and fuzzy corruption. I don't believe that about Detroit, somehow. We're to damn recalcitrant for that; you can only be sheep for so long.

Dissapointed, hell. Stand up for Detroit! The place that nurtured you, and educated you and enabled your parents and grandparents to make a living and raise their kids [[you). How dare that skank [[help) screw up my beloved hometown? I just want to smack her, but barring that, let's impeach Conyers, sue her for malpractice [[can we do that?), run her out of town.

Hell, you can even send her down here to Texas so we can make fun of her, too. It's real hot down here now, and ostracizing arrogant phonies is a very entertaining amusement accomplished with a minimum of exertion.

Kathy,

I am sure you have a kind heart, but dont you think that it is a little funny that Monica is being accused of doing something when clearly she knew she was under the microscope?

I find it very convenient that this all has gone down after she went head to head with L Brook Pattinson. It seems somewhat convenient.

Isnt it remotely possible that she is also being targeted becasue her husband is such a powerful washington politician? These republicans will stop at nothing.....don't mean to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems way too obvious....

I, four one, would vote for her again.

I know plenty of people who would as well.
    Isnt it remotely possible that she is also being targeted becasue her husband is such a powerful washington politician?
    I was going to respond to this statement, but then I figured, why bother ?
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-20-09 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post
    Isnt it remotely possible that she is also being targeted becasue her husband is such a powerful washington politician? These republicans will stop at nothing.....don't mean to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it seems way too obvious....
    In my opinion you have it backwards. I think because she's married to a powerful Washington politician she thinks she can get away with anything.

I love to see a psychiatric evaluation of her. She seems absolutely disconnected from reality.

Downtown Diva, on the one hand I say please please express your views to Bill O'Reilly as you will help him drive Mona-Ku Ku-onyers into a jail cell. On the other hand, the nation already holds a pretty low opinion of Detroit voters, so you could hurt Federal funding for the region.

Also, we should all write letters to Bill oreilly telling him how we feel. He reads letters all the time, and we could get some great publicity for our cause. Also, we may be able to draw some adaptive re-use developers with stimulus dollars...

Thoughts?
    I'm in Diva! Here's the link: oreilly@foxnews.com

mjs: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." said my little old Italian nonna. National opinon means little when other communities have already received bailouts, sometimes wasted, as in the Murtha Airport. Using this $ to fix roads, install streetlights, replace sidewalks and basic infrastructure will earn admiration, not scorn. In other words, we have to do it right.

I do have to admit that it can be argued that Michigan Republicans are responsible for this. If there was more mental health help available, the regional government would have fewer narcissists, sex addicts, sociopaths, schizos, dependant personalities, and anit-social personalities. I hope everyone just agrees to allow Monica an insanity plea. She needs the mental help a nut house can provide her, not the career assistance a prison can provide her.

Right. That's why I say, look at the husband, John Conyers. Monica could very well be the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

I find it very convenient that this all has gone down after she went head to head with L Brook Pattinson. It seems somewhat convenient.

You definently sound like a conspiracy nut. How is it obvious that a Democratic President would use a US District Attorney that worked for a Democratic state's Democratic Govenor to do the work of a Republican politician that holds a county level office? In what possible way did she or could she harm LBP with his constituients? If LBP wants out of funding Cobo or wants to make Detroit look bad, he couldn't find anyone in the world to provide more assistance than Monica. It would make more sense if you said Nancy Pelosi or Howard Dean were behind all of this or even if you said Wayne County politicians or other members of council.

Thhuuuggggggggg Liiiifffffffffffffeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Now all of America knows about this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast