Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Could The Next Hot Area For Rentals Be Palmer Park?

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...park-again.php

Interesting article from Curbed. Way to go Shelborne Development!

... more renovated and diverse styles of housing are needed in detroit's neighborhoods, for sure..

A good, optimistic article. As a former resident, I agree with one of the suggestions to gate the community. Or at the very least, limit the access streets. Crime has been major factor in the deterioration of the neighborhood for the last 30 years. Renovation is a good first step, but it won't make any difference to a new resident after his/her first mugging or burglary.

Yes, limit access to the neighborhood. It would be easy to do since there are only a few entry streets already. I like the idea about tearing down a couple of the non-significant buildings for parking. Secure parking would of course be great for the residents and reduce the targets for the scumbag crooks.

I suggested the "gated" idea on the other thread about the apartments. I realize now that there are not enough parking spaces to begin with. As DetroiterOnTheWestCoast said, I can agree with tearing down a lesser building or two. In that article I saw a 2 story apartment, which looked much newer architectually than the others... and looked rather sprawling. Perhaps an underground structure [[the grille gate/entry pass type) for residents would be ideal for such a site.

These buildings are a unique [[to Detroit) assembly of high density residential buildings clustered closely together. A secured gated perimeter with adequate parking could be the tipping point for getting more of these buildings restored.