Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Is LeDuff more annoying than Andrea Isom ... "on the Edge!"? That would be a close call.
    You know I thought about your question and realized that although I've seen her frequently I have never listened to what she says except "....on the Edge" because then I know we're moving on. So my answer is a definite "YES".

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    But why? When did mediocrity and banality become a goal?
    Back when they removed the requirement that broadcasters prove they are operating in the public interest. News was essentially a requirement for doing business and wasn't expected to be a profit center. Once it was, everything went vanilla. We started getting "news stories" about how great this new product is!

PS - speaking of bland and mediocre, is it just me or is wayne brady the whitest person in america?

I find Jay Towers to be a non-entertaining tool. Just the type of personality they like on Fox 2. When he was on 97.1 I could not listen to that station. Mike Stone was a definite step up in the talent level. Towers has a job because he so vanilla, he's apparently unoffensive to some. Unless you have to look at him or listen to his mindless drivel.
    My question is why does Mike Clark on WRIF mornings still have a job? Talk about someone who never grew up and adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast. And I believe he has one of the richest radio contracts in the area.

Having commented in less than positive terms about Jay Towers, Andrea Isom and Charlie LeDuff [[did I make it clear he's not one of my favorites?) I thought all this negativity should be balanced by at least mentioning a Reporter I do like very much. I really enjoy listening to Al Allen. He's the best. No fuss; no embellishments; no personal opinions; just the facts presented for your information.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Having commented in less than positive terms about Jay Towers, Andrea Isom and Charlie LeDuff [[did I make it clear he's not one of my favorites?) I thought all this negativity should be balanced by at least mentioning a Reporter I do like very much. I really enjoy listening to Al Allen. He's the best. No fuss; no embellishments; no personal opinions; just the facts presented for your information.
    I also enjoy Huel Perkins.

He and Devin Scillian are easily two of my favorite anchors in Detroit.

It's the rest of WJBK I can't really bare.

WDIV probably has the best all-around team in the city [[mornings can use a bit of work), in terms of chemistry and charisma. They just present their newscasts as if only schoolchildren were watching them. Th weekends are a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson78 View Post
    I find Jay Towers to be a non-entertaining tool.
    He is a tool of the highest order and yes, I realize I'm stating the obvious. I listen to 97.1 and hated him on there -- Jay, I don't GAF what you and Deena are doing this weekend.

Too bad he didn't take Sara with him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2