Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Prowling Dearborn...

With all the hype and controversy surrounding the 2015 'Stang, I just know there is something lurking around Dearborn. Thought I caught a glimpse of something under heavy camo, but it actually looked longer and lower than a Mustang and might have had the stearing wheel on the wrong side??? I have got to learn to take my camera with me

muskie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    With all the hype and controversy surrounding the 2015 'Stang, I just know there is something lurking around Dearborn. Thought I caught a glimpse of something under heavy camo, but it actually looked longer and lower than a Mustang and might have had the stearing wheel on the wrong side??? I have got to learn to take my camera with me
    The Mustang is pretty much a dead horse, the so called pony cars will always only do good for a few years and then sales drop until a new model. You may have seen the much rumored euro based mid engine, V6 Eco boost car that Ford says will not be the next Mustang.

It will probably be another Focus, 13 Fusion, Escape boring look alike.

focus & 13 fusion aren't boring. this had an awfully long hood for a mid-engine

I've heard nothing of that ford of europe plan. can you provide anything? I've heard rumblings of a new "Halo" car for ford or Lincoln. I'll go on the prowl friday with my camera
    Last edited by rb336; May-23-12 at 08:59 PM.

13 Fusion looks hot for a little sedan. The Mustang isn't going anywhere and will have the Coyote 5.0 V8 available.
    The retro thing is done and I say good riddance, new body can looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by muskie1 View Post
    The Mustang is pretty much a dead horse, the so called pony cars will always only do good for a few years and then sales drop until a new model. You may have seen the much rumored euro based mid engine, V6 Eco boost car that Ford says will not be the next Mustang.

It will probably be another Focus, 13 Fusion, Escape boring look alike.
    Maybe a new Thunderturd.

They were makng the Mazd 6 & Mustang at that plant for a long time. I can understand looking to combine some parts, but the Mazda 6 and Mustand were very different vehicles. There is no reason not to expect that the Mustang ad Fusion could not continue to be very different vehicles as well. Heck at one time they had 4 platforms at Wixom! 2 FWD and 2 RWD.

I thought this thread was about the cougars at Andiamo.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I thought this thread was about the cougars at Andiamo.
    ha
    I will ask my brother, he does PR for Ford and works both Europe and the US

I work in Dearborn and do you see Mustangs there... it does not seems to be widely driven car, I just don't see them often. I just don't see how much more Ford can do with this car. To some it's overstyled, or understyled... I dunno.

On the hand the more general appeal Ford Focus is really nice, if you just want a small sedan. The new generation Focus is a far cry from those hideous 'green' [[why does Ford love green paint?) early ugly models. I had the chance to drive a four-door 2011!

Nice detailing [[finally), amenities, styling and handling... Good color options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    13 Fusion looks hot for a little sedan. The Mustang isn't going anywhere and will have the Coyote 5.0 V8 available.
    The retro thing is done and I say good riddance, new body can looks awesome.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-12 at 08:07 AM.

I ran into an acquaintance who works for Ford, he thinks it might have been the prototype car for the new Mad Max movie:
    Name:  ford-mad-max-interceptor.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  20.2 KB

If only ford would actually build that thing!