Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Page 2 [[of 4) of a letter to the Mi Parole board from a 35 year veteran of the FBI:Name:  gregg parole page2[[added2).jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  53.5 KB
    Last edited by DaveyM; February-01-15 at 03:43 PM.

Page 3 [[of 4) of a letter to the Mi Parole board from a 35 year veteran of the FBI:Attachment 25721

Page 4 [[of 4) of a letter to the MI Parole board from a 35 year veteran of the FBI:Attachment 25722

DetroitBoy Guest

Davey,
    I could care less about all this testimony and bullshit. He's in jail. Let him stay there. Detroit doesn't need this kind of senseless media coverage over the woes of a drug dealing punk who is responsible for so many shattered lives and destruction and death.

Leave the past in the past and focus on the image of the new Detroit instead of tarnishing it by dredging up bullshit from it's horrible past.
    Last edited by DetroitBoy; February-01-15 at 04:58 PM.

No one is making you watch it. Locking a kid up for life for a non violent drug offense obviously hasn't made Detroit any better. Meanwhile murderers, rapists and repeat violent offenders have been placed back onto our streets after serving much less time than Rick has already served. Police corruption, crooked mayors like coleman young and dirty cops have had more to do with Detroit's decline over the years than anything Rick [[a juvenile at the time of his crime) ever did. Some of those crooks are still around and still have some negative influences over Detroit. That includes some who are now working for Wayne County. Again, that's the point of these reports. To expose the TRUTH. Sorry if you got butt hurt over something you have no control over. You don't know Rick or anything he's done so your comments about him being responsible for deaths and shattered lives is based on your own ignorance.
    Last edited by DaveyM; February-01-15 at 06:41 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

It is SO SICK how so many people on this site defend the convicted criminals and whine about how they are unfairly treated. Your buddy Rick WAS AN INFAMOUS DRUG DEALER and got caught and put in jail. If he was dumb enough to get involved with that shit, he deserves what he got. Drug dealers shatter people's lives and their neighborhoods. Just because there are crooks other places doesn't mean people like him should be out on the streets. People like him have destroyed the city and it is SICK that you defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBoy View Post
    It is SO SICK how so many people on this site defend the convicted criminals and whine about how they are unfairly treated. Your buddy Rick WAS AN INFAMOUS DRUG DEALER and got caught and put in jail. If he was dumb enough to get involved with that shit, he deserves what he got. Drug dealers shatter people's lives and their neighborhoods. Just because there are crooks other places doesn't mean people like him should be out on the streets. People like him have destroyed the city and it is SICK that you defend him.
    Yeah! Just like those bankers. Oh, wait. We don't even think about convicting corrupt bankers.

"...and justice for all." Yea, America! Attachment 25723
    Last edited by Jimaz; February-01-15 at 08:38 PM.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I'm with Wheels here. Screw Rick, and anyone else who was involved in the wholesale/retail end of the crack epidemic. I lived on the eastside during those years, and the activities of Rick and his associates ruined thousands of lives, tore families apart, left children with effectively no parenting, terrorized thousands of people with its casual violence, and devastated whole neighborhoods. I lost 2 cousins to the poison, the nice old man who lived behind me got a bullet in the back of his head because he wouldn't shut up and let them use his house to sell from, I had bullets come flying through the back windows of my house endangering myself and my family because someone unleashed a spray of automatic weapons fire on that house at 4:30 in the morning, everyone in my neighborhood had several break-ins and many of their possessions stolen by desperate crackheads... and it goes on and on.

I'm not sorry even for a second that Rick got so much time, I'm only sorry that the other belly-crawling snakes like him didn't get more. And I'm not sorry that he was "just a kid," because though he may have been young he was pretty much grown when this stuff happened. I've heard Rick, and he seems like a reasonably intelligent person, certainly not developmentally disabled, so he knew what he was involved in was illegal and wrong, and he could even see the devastation the addictive poison brought to his own family. Other young men took a different path, but Rick, dazzled by greed, chose to get involved in the drug business. That he got more time than others is, in the end, immaterial in contrast to the costs of that time in our history, and the only people anyone should really feel sorry for here are the ones who actually got hurt. Rick should really apologize to the thousands people still alive who were damaged by his actions, and then just shut the hell up and be happy that he's not underground in a box like most of his 'colleagues'.
    Al I couldn't agree with you more. I saw the same things you saw during that time. I am appalled by this thread and site being used to call attention to him and trying to get him out of jail. It's SICK.

No one is defending what he did as a kid. He's paid the price for his crimes many times over already. The main reason why he was "famous" is because he happened to be white and because of the media over hyped his case.
    If you don't like the attention his case is getting then.. tough. He never made anyone take a drug in his life. When he is released he will not be coming back to Detroit nor will he ever sell another illegal drug again. "People like him"? Rick is not responsible for anyone's actions but his own. Rick was RECRUITED as an undercover informant at the age of 14 year old and that's what helped lead him into the drug game. Btw- Thanks for the reply. You're helping to keep this post 'on top' by your "whining" ensuring his case gets even more attention.
    Last edited by DaveyM; February-01-15 at 08:17 PM.

Not to thread jack here, but, I've never understood why the penalty for murder was so low. Not just in Detroit or Michigan, but just about anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Not to thread jack here, but, I've never understood why the penalty for murder was so low. Not just in Detroit or Michigan, but just about anywhere.
    at least 10 characters

we'll see whether the film project takes off. They'd presumably have to get someone really young to play him as a teen.

This is real nice. Dredge up the memories of this low point in Detroit's history by giving airtime to a convicted criminal. Young people need to hear this kind of story because they have enough positive role models already right?

Typical trash from the buffoon doing this interview. Let's hope CNN picks up the story so it can be broadcasted worldwide with the tagline "Detroit on the upswing but can it ever free itself from its long history as a drug trade economy? ". The people in this area are their own worst enemy.

Go back under your bridge troll.

All he wants to do is tell on somebody.

Supply and demand will always rule. We cannot stop drugs from being imported and sold but we could control them and regulate them, we could even tax them. Putting people in prison for what comes natural is a joke. The violence stems from the fact that they are illegal. More people die over drugs than by drugs, just look at Mexico and the wars between the cartels. 30,000 dead over a three year period OVER drugs. We need to pull our heads out of our asses and regulate the sale of drugs to registered addicts, stop using tax payer money to lock people up for non violent drug so called crimes and offer treatment on demand instead of a prison sentence. Rick Wershe has been screwed, propped up as a drug kingpin, offered amnesty for his knowledge and then had the rug ripped out from under him by the DEA. Free Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Supply and demand will always rule. We cannot stop drugs from being imported and sold but we could control them and regulate them, we could even tax them. Putting people in prison for what comes natural is a joke. The violence stems from the fact that they are illegal. More people die over drugs than by drugs, just look at Mexico and the wars between the cartels. 30,000 dead over a three year period OVER drugs. We need to pull our heads out of our asses and regulate the sale of drugs to registered addicts, stop using tax payer money to lock people up for non violent drug so called crimes and offer treatment on demand instead of a prison sentence. Rick Wershe has been screwed, propped up as a drug kingpin, offered amnesty for his knowledge and then had the rug ripped out from under him by the DEA. Free Rick.
    You nailed it! Let's focus on the treatment and the rehabilitation of addicts and go after the major offenders. While I am in no way, shape or form condoning Rick's actions, I do feel he did his time and deserves to set free. I am hoping this series that WDIV is an eye opening experience to those wishing to follow his unfortunate path. I feel Rick can be a mentor to many of today's troubled youths.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    You nailed it! Let's focus on the treatment and the rehabilitation of addicts and go after the major offenders. While I am in no way, shape or form condoning Rick's actions, I do feel he did his time and deserves to set free. I am hoping this series that WDIV is an eye opening experience to those wishing to follow his unfortunate path. I feel Rick can be a mentor to many of today's troubled youths.
    OMG. Yeah, he'll mentor them into a life in crime which they don't need any more inspiration to do in Detroit. Warsaw you really are brilliant. Maybe he'll get out and rent the flat next to you and run his business out of it. A couple of stray bullets through your bedroom wall in the middle of the night might change your mind. You should find some of the people who lived in the 7 and Gratiot neighborhood that he and his tribe destroyed and ask their opinion.

OMG. Yeah, he'll mentor them into a life in crime which they don't need any more inspiration to do in Detroit. Warsaw you really are brilliant. Maybe he'll get out and rent the flat next to you and run his business out of it. A couple of stray bullets through your bedroom wall in the middle of the night might change your mind. You should find some of the people who lived in the 7 and Gratiot neighborhood that he and his tribe destroyed and ask their opinion.
    You my friend have no room to talk, you are the definition of a troll.

DetroitBoy Guest

You my friend have no room to talk, you are the definition of a troll.
    You like that word, don't you? Is that because most people in your life think you are one?

You like that word, don't you? Is that because most people in your life think you are one?

No it is because by definition you are a troll. I have called you out in the past for being a troll and you continue to keep proving my point.

DetroitBoy Guest

No it is because by definition you are a troll. I have called you out in the past for being a troll and you continue to keep proving my point.
    Thank you for anointing yourself as the judge for this site. If that is all you have that makes you feel important, then God Bless.

Thank you for anointing yourself as the judge for this site. If that is all you have that makes you feel important, then God Bless.
    Thank you sir, I kind of appreciate that

OK... I've never looked it up before.... don't know why... but this is what Wikipedia had to say about online trolling....

In Internet slang, a troll [[/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community [[such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

DetroitBoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    OK... I've never looked it up before.... don't know why... but this is what Wikipedia had to say about online trolling....

In Internet slang, a troll [[/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community [[such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
    Just because someone disagrees with your opinion or the rest of the club on here doesn't make it trolling.
    Last edited by DetroitBoy; February-02-15 at 10:38 PM.

Just because someone disagrees with your opinion or the rest of the club on here doesn't make it trolling.
    I think it's a question of intent to disrupt, distinct from mere disagreement.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast