Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default "White Boy Rick" Wershe [To be Released July 20]

Interesting interview with Rick Wershe, AKA as "White Boy" this morning. My next door neighbor in Detroit worked with his father Rick Sr. back in the 80's selling bootleg cable boxes and other nefarious items. Rick Sr. also ran the Electronic surplus store on Gratiot near 10 mile road I used to buy various radio parts from. Jr. I would have to agree has done 25 years a lot longer than the dealers and killers who he informed on and now many have been freed years ago. I shed no tears when they locked this kid up but he's got a legit gripe after 25 years for a parole. He's done more than his share of time for his crime. He has a parole hearing coming up curious as to what happens this time. Interesting interview.

Only know him by reputation, but I doubt that he's exactly a fountain of reliable information. Even if everything he says is true, considering his state would you take legal advice from him???

Wasn't he charged with being involved with a car theft ring 5-6 years ago?

White Boy Rick just torn up parts of Mohican Regent area in Detroit's Northeast Side like a piece a paper. When he started his drug pushing business on Kelly Rd. from Houston-Whittier Rd. to E. 8 Mile Rd. His murder for hire gang buddies "The Best Friends" back him up. Selling drugs to anyone who wants a quick high. Today the 7 Mile and Gratiot area is all torn up no thanks to him and this gang that once rule the area like a iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Wasn't he charged with being involved with a car theft ring 5-6 years ago?
    Yes, he was. He has not been the "model prisoner" some claim.

Three kids by 17. Nice.

Well, the whole family was a trainwreck. His sister was a crackhead for most of her life and probably still is. The father was a crook in about everything he was involved in and ended up in federal prison. Who knows about the mother. The kid was running with Coleman's daughter for a while. That was some wild times in that city. $$$ falling out of the police chiefs ceiling. Right about the 7 and Gratiot area I grew up in, its a total wasteland now.

He should get out, I don't condone what he did, but he paid his dues. You've got pedophiles and murderers that have been released earlier than him.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrrman View Post
    The kid was running with Coleman's daughter for a while.
    She, Cathy[[?) Volson, was actually CY's neice, who was married to Johnny Curry, of the infamous "Curry Brothers." The story goes, that as Curry was in court being sentenced for his drug crimes, Voltare was over at Rick's arrainment [[not the one that earned him a life sentence), positioning herself to become "intimately" involved with his lucrative operation. She was busted with Rick by the feds as well.

The other side of the story, told by the father, was that Sr. had dealings with the feds through his gun parts business, and in exchange for them leveling dopehouses that his daughter frequented, they expected him to flip on other neighborhood dealers. But Sr. didn't have the goods like his teenager son did, who was running errands for Curry, so the feds started setting up meetings with Jr. behind dads back, offering thousands in cash in exchange for good info and setting up buys. That was the $ Jr used to start up his own network, teaming up with "Best Friends" and "The Wrecking Crew," and in turn he used the feds to eliminate the competition, with them being fully aware of what Rick was up to. They needed him to run drugs for as long as possible for the feds to continue to run the busts. It's been speculated that the feds may have also been Rick's supplier, which is why guys like "Maserati" Rick would even bother with a young ass white boy like Rick Jr. He also paid off and enlisted the aid of several DPD, some of the money reaching the higest levels of rank.

It's said that the reason why the court couldn't pin him with charges that stuck was because the feds would step in to bail him out. And when the feds decided they didn't want to pay the agreed upon amount [[10k) when he gave up a big name, he told them he was done, and they proceeded to leave him out to dry. Then, he conveniently gets busted by the same feds coming back from Miami with a pound and a half of dope.

The controversy about the time being served in this case deals with the embarrassment of DPD and the C of D, and the local justice system's anger at him for bringing the feds down upon them after he started talkin.

I've heard this story a thousand times by the local eastside riffraff. It's almost required learning if you want to claim you're an eastsider.

Let's face it, 25 years for a couple of keys of blow? Most of which disappered in lock up? [[Only a key and a half could be produced at trial.) Murders and child rapists can get paroled in 7 for Christ's sake.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; May-24-12 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Let's face it, 25 years for a couple of keys of blow? Most of which disappered in lock up? [[Only a key and a half could be produced at trial.) Murders and child rapists can get paroled in 7 for Christ's sake.

He was responsible for hundreds or maybe even thousands of deaths through murders or drug deaths. Whole neighborhoods lie in ruin from his havoc. He can rot in hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    He was responsible for hundreds or maybe even thousands of deaths through murders or drug deaths. Whole neighborhoods lie in ruin from his havoc. He can rot in hell!
    Hey I don't blame you for seeing it that way. All I'm saying is, if the story I posted is true, and the feds put a very young teenage boy up for years with money, dope, and favors, how much of that blood is really on his hands? He wasn't charged with murder, he was charged with drug crimes. He's been locked away his entire adult life, 25 years!

And blaming one guy for the condition of an entire zipcode that had drug problems long before and long after he showed up is hardly fair, imo anyway.

Hey, the courts know a whole lot more than me and maybe there's a good reason why they won't let him out. But I certainly wouldn't trust the city or the feds to call it regarding his parole.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; May-23-12 at 11:33 PM.

I'm surprised he hasn't sold his life story for a film or TV miniseries yet-- or I wonder if the Son of Sam laws apply here. I also have yet to see an actual documentary about his "career", for all of these contemporary TV shows that focus on crack-era criminal figures/gangs now..

I think Rick is right where he belongs. Keep in mind that the story he is telling is just his version of events. And even he admits he took part in a stolen car ring while in jail.

If the justification for letting him out is that some murderers do less time than he has, the problem is that those murderers didn't get enough time, not that Rick did too much.

Interesting interview with Rick Wershe, AKA as "White Boy" this morning. My next door neighbor in Detroit worked with his father Rick Sr. back in the 80's selling bootleg cable boxes and other nefarious items. Rick Sr. also ran the Electronic surplus store on Gratiot near 10 mile road I used to buy various radio parts from. Jr. I would have to agree has done 25 years a lot longer than the dealers and killers who he informed on and now many have been freed years ago. I shed no tears when they locked this kid up but he's got a legit gripe after 25 years for a parole. He's done more than his share of time for his crime. He has a parole hearing coming up curious as to what happens this time. Interesting interview.
    What he said in that interview was 100% truth. He should have been released long ago. Shit.. he should have never have been used by the Feds in the first place when he was a kid. But year.. his dad gets much of the blame from me. I know Rick and his whole family very well. I know what happened to him and it's not right.
    Btw- I turned the interview into one mp3 file [[44 megs) if anyone wants to download and/or listen on/offline. -> http://tinyurl.com/73p78dn

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Only know him by reputation, but I doubt that he's exactly a fountain of reliable information. Even if everything he says is true, considering his state would you take legal advice from him???
    I personally know Rick and I talk to him weekly. He learned his lesson years and should be let out asap.

Rick was not any part of "Best Friends". He was scared of them mofos and they tried to kill him on at least one occasion. Oddly enough.. the guy who shot the car Rick was driving in, Nate "Boone" Craft was released years ago. That guy "Boone" was convicted of murder and has admitted to more killings than he can remember.
    Rick Wershe was a kid who was dragged deeper into that crap by DPD and the FEDs. Facts.

He has been a model prisoner except for that ONE instance in which is was just 1 of dozens who were charged.

So you think life in prison if ok for a kid who was convicted of possessing cocaine? Really? Even though he provided info that was crucial in getting Cheif Hart and a bunch of Coleman Young's cronies tossed in jail? He helped clean up Detroit of some of the most corrupt mofos at the top ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    NO he was NOT. That is just total nonsense not backed up by any facts. Did you even listen to the interview? http://tinyurl.com/73p78dn

..and he now has grand kids and just wants to get out so he can take care and be by them.
    Check out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-...60462454004702
    Last edited by DaveyM; May-24-12 at 10:21 PM.

Rick's mom is a very good women. If Rick would have stayed living with her when he was a child he would NOT be in this mess. I use to spent weekends at Rick's mom's place in Clinton Twp. when we were around 12-13 yrs old.
    Btw - Yep.. I got an ONTV decoder kits from Rich Sr. Me and Rick actually helped clean out his dad's electronic store [[Lee Ricks) after he bought it. I thought his dad was cool when I was a kid because he let Rick and I do almost anything we wanted. Now I see what a pos he was.

Listen to the interview if you haven't. It is the TRUTH. The city of Detroit locked Rick away for life for a few kilos when those scumbags at the top [[Coleman's family, his chief of security, Ken Weiner, Sgt Harris, and coutless other corrupt cops were getting paid to protect hundred pound shipments of cocaine into Detroit. Those same corrupt mofos lied about Rick to protect their asses. Rick went to prison in 1988. Chief Hart, etc and etc finally got busted in 1991 with help from Rick from prison.

Interesting interview with Rick Wershe, AKA as "White Boy" this morning. My next door neighbor in Detroit worked with his father Rick Sr. back in the 80's..
    What was/is your old neighbor's name? I may know him, too? I'm sure Rick would remember him.

Hey Davey, Please do me and the rest of anybody who cares a favor. Please go through what i posted and, if possible, dispel the main untruths. What i posted was a collection of 2nd hand, 3rd person, and gossip monger info. I don't know shit personally, I was 8 yrs old when this guy went to prison, but my people have lived on the eastside for over 40 yrs, and you know, everyone over there is seperated by 2 degrees.

I don't know how to explain how much this case has bothered me over the years. Every person who has ever claimed to know rick and his family, anyone involved in his case, people that were in the know at the DPD, has always said this kid was railroaded, that it's understandable that he got some time for his activities after he was no longer involved with the feds, but a violent drug dealing murderer he was not.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; May-25-12 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast