Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

1. Default Police Presence at Packard

I noticed this scene while driving past on Sunday after visiting the Tashmoo Biergarten. There were four cars total, one State Police, one Sheriff, one Detroit Police car/ and a 'Highway Patrol' car. [Not sure what that means. Is it private security or is there actually a Highway Patrol vs. just State Police?] Any news or ideas on this? Paid protection for film makers or somebody got caught? My schedule did not permit time to inquire.

Things seemed calm and urban tourist-types seemed to walk around undeterred. Three cars did have their hatches open as can be seen in this image. Click the image for a larger view.

Only the State Trooper has a license plate, the rest are fake = Hollywooders.

I thought the same looking at the five people in the middle, all in civilian clothes. It looks like a pleasant, casual business group. One guy has a checklist, the others are waiting to get started.

Impressive catch by Mauser.

I certainly hope the scumbag that owns the Packard isn't getting any money for allowing them to use this for a set. If he does get any money it should be immediatley garnished and put towards back taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I certainly hope the scumbag that owns the Packard isn't getting any money for allowing them to use this for a set. If he does get any money it should be immediatley garnished and put towards back taxes.
    Yeah, that's probably what will happen.

I was driving back from a customer's house on Cadillac Blvd last month, and as I drove by the Packard Plant, I noticed about 20 kids on bikes, most with inappropriate shoes, on the Blvd in front of the plant. I also noticed a fire-truck about to turn left from northbound Mt. Elliot to the fire house farther on down the Blvd. Two guys in the fire-truck spotted the crowd, which cut across traffic to turn right.

I pulled up in the O'nasty's Coney parking lot and watched as two fire-fighters got out of the truck, probably to read the kids the "riot-act," which I'm sure was something like "you best not go in there, we don't want to have to come and get you, and if you do go in there and see a fire, don't call us."

What is "inappropriate shoes" ?? Were they all wearing stilettos?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    I was driving back from a customer's house on Cadillac Blvd last month, and as I drove by the Packard Plant, I noticed about 20 kids on bikes, most with inappropriate shoes, on the Blvd in front of the plant. I also noticed a fire-truck about to turn left from northbound Mt. Elliot to the fire house farther on down the Blvd. Two guys in the fire-truck spotted the crowd, which cut across traffic to turn right.

I pulled up in the O'nasty's Coney parking lot and watched as two fire-fighters got out of the truck, probably to read the kids the "riot-act," which I'm sure was something like "you best not go in there, we don't want to have to come and get you, and if you do go in there and see a fire, don't call us."

Packard will probably be flooded this weekend from explorers in town for DEMF.

Quote Originally Posted by BasementBeat View Post
    Packard will probably be flooded this weekend from explorers in town for DEMF.
    Yep and I wonder how much in emergency services they will end up costing the city.

The city should just post signs everywhere that people are entering at their own risk and no emergency services [[police, fire, ems) will be supplied unless there is a potential threat to people outside of the site.

The city should just post signs everywhere that people are entering at their own risk and no emergency services [[police, fire, ems) will be supplied unless there is a potential threat to people outside of the site.
    Pretty soon they'll be posting something like that at the city limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Pretty soon they'll be posting something like that at the city limits.
    True, however the outcry, locally and in the media is that Detroiters can be left to fend for themselves but if someone from the suburbs/outstate come in and need help they should immediately get help.

True, however the outcry, locally and in the media is that Detroiters can be left to fend for themselves but if someone from the suburbs/outstate come in and need help they should immediately get help.

Aahh... It seems like if you have Paster next to your name you get a full blown investigation!

My name is Paster Loot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Aahh... It seems like if you have Paster next to your name you get a full blown investigation!

My name is Paster Loot!
    Point well taken. I guess I should have said suburbanite or local 'celebrity'

Somebody shooting a set for a movie is going to CYA with permission and compensation,based on plate registrations pulled during the last we are going to demolish it test shows that 80% did not live in the city itself so who is really behind the trespassing and destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Somebody shooting a set for a movie is going to CYA with permission and compensation,based on plate registrations pulled during the last we are going to demolish it test shows that 80% did not live in the city itself so who is really behind the trespassing and destruction?
    Did your dictate this to your pet macaw? If so, you need to either up its pay or get a new bird, because they can't type worth a darn.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Did your dictate this to your pet macaw? If so, you need to either up its pay or get a new bird, because they can't type worth a darn.
    Extremely funny and accurate description of a problem pet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Nice,I could always send him to you for your expertise,maybe after you are done he can get a job at the NY post and pay me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Must be some righteous stuff Dude.