Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ficano will not resign

From article:

“No, I’m not going to resign. I have not done anything that is wrong. And what I have done is held people accountable and they’ve separated – they’ve gone from that,” Ficano told the crowd.

Ficano also implied his administration helped discover examples of wrong-doing, and they went to the feds about what they found.

"It's always wrong when someone does something wrong. But what do you do once you find out about it. To me, that's one of the keys. And we've taken immediate action with anybody that we found out that we had any wrong doing. Either they were separated from the county, or we went to the federal authorities and said this is what we helped discover, and be part of the process," said Ficano.

Sources tell 7 Action News that is simply not true, the county has not gone to the feds with things the administration discovered.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz1vJtDyc00

Additionally Mullins is demanding more severance and lifetime health benefits...

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...ealth-benefits
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-19-12 at 07:59 AM.

These people disgust me. Even if Ficano didn't do anything wrong, he should resign for being oblivious.

Ficano is useless.

He should never speak publicly. How did he ever get elected? He is AWFUL!

Let's have a Wayne County Government Appreciation Softball Game. We'll all bring bats and invite Ficano and his friends to show up.

Just kidding. I don't advocate violence. I think we should have corruption laws similar to corporate wrongdoing laws, that say the boss can go to jail for or pay fines/restitution for wrongdoing within the organization. If he isn't personally corrupt [[and, for the record, I am certain he is), his negligent administration deserves punishment. As a Republican, I hope he runs for reelection. Hell, I hope Obama picks him as a running mate! Just kidding, I love my country too much to even hint at Ficano in federal office. Federal prison, on the other hand...

Good. I'm glad he said this. You know a person is on their last legs when they are discussing resigning [[even if they are saying they're not resigning). Remember Kwame wasn't going to step down either.

So long Ficano. Won't be long now!

This guy has no shame. He's responsible for the "team" he puts in place. Seems like these people have just got their hands in the people's pockets and are taking tax payers for a ride.
    Talk about feeling and acting entitled!
    These guys really take the cake ..the cars...the retirement benefits etc.

Maybe he'll end up like this guy; Frank Zampino, shamed into covering his face and head with shades and a hood after being arrested last week. He was the chair of the executive committee in Montreal, second to the mayor and investigators have found proof of fraud in the sale of expensive property to a developer.

He sold at a fraction of the value and the city paid for decontamination on top of that. He was also involved in a $356 million water meter contract that was given to a company for which he went to work after he resigned a coupla years ago.The contract was cancelled due to irregularities. Tony Accurso, the company's president, owns a huge yacht in the Bahamas where Zampino is known to have holidayed with wife as the contract was being processed at City Hall. Oh! And the yacht's name is "Touch".

Ficano is going to have to er-hmm, be ASKED to LEAVE as in be "put out"!

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    This guy has no shame. He's responsible for the "team" he puts in place. Seems like these people have just got their hands in the people's pockets and are taking tax payers for a ride.

Talk about feeling and acting entitled!

These guys really take the cake ..the cars...the retirement benefits etc.

He does not handle this well.... the more he talks and jitters the deeper the hole he will ultimately have to fall into!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Good. I'm glad he said this. You know a person is on their last legs when they are discussing resigning [[even if they are saying they're not resigning). Remember Kwame wasn't going to step down either.

So long Ficano. Won't be long now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He does not handle this well.... the more he talks and jitters the deeper the hole he will ultimately have to fall into!
    Precisely. Let him keep digging like Kwame did and eventually we can be rid of Ficano too.

The only real issue is that as soon as we get rid of one corrupt piece of garbage two more corrupt pieces of garbage emerge to take its place.