Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default American Coney Island to celebrate 95th birthday with 95-cent dogs on Wednesday

From 11am-1pm

http://www.freep.com/article/C4/2012...yssey=nav|head

And a blast from Detroit's, WXYZ's and American Coney Island's past [[circa 1984 or 1985 I believe), Bill Bonds and Coleman Young are seen fighting over two Coney Islands at American Coney Islandsymbolic of Bill Bonds' and Coleman Young's rocky relationship . Note as well how busyt and small the place this [[this was long before they destroyed the wall and expanded into the old United Shirt space).

It starts at 0:30 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmgjAvE1CM

Their sparring matches were legendary. Great memories, though I will not take part in anything at American. It's Lafayette or starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Their sparring matches were legendary. Great memories, though I will not take part in anything at American. It's Lafayette or starvation.

I'm also a Lafayette guy but I have eaten at American. It was good.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Lafayette's chili is superior many magnitudes over. However, the service at American is much better, and the establishment is much more stroller friendly.

I'm rather torn.

5. Default

Coney 95 cents.

With Alka Seltzer $3.

Sorry I can't handle that stuff.

Okay maybe one.

I went downtown new years and went to Lafayette for the first time
    never been to AMERICAN.

Someone get bill a martini.