Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Man Puts Up Warning Signs For Those Entering City

Former medic Andre Ventura says for 10 years he's triaged area kids who have been victims of violence, but he's had enough. He's seen park picnic tables serve as venues for drug deals and sex. Now, Ventura's put up large signs warning visitors.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...-detroit-park/

Quote Originally Posted by WWJNewsradio950 View Post
    Former medic Andre Ventura says for 10 years he's triaged area kids who have been victims of violence, but he's had enough. He's seen park picnic tables serve as venues for drug deals and sex. Now, Ventura's put up large signs warning visitors.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...-detroit-park/
    I thought this happened some time last year and the sign has since been taken down.

I know the sign was up on March 14; I stopped by and took a picture of it.

I saw it a few weeks ago

all too bad this man's sentiments are not unwarranted..

Street View shows a different sign and a guy working on a picnic table.

I drive by that sign nearly every day.

9mile&seneca Guest

Yes, if only we could find an answer... Let's see... there must be an answer... could it be... more federal dollars? Eureka! Yes we have an answer! If only we could pay to have more illegitamate children!!! More free shit!!!

This person is confused. If there is anything less effective than local lawmakers, it's prayer. Whatever the competence level of local politicians, it should be painfully obvious to anyone that no invisible helpers are coming to make Detroit better.

Nobody will take you seriously if you're using Myspace, unless you're a band.

Wow, that sign is still up? I just saw the guy who made the sign on "Let It Rip" last night. He says he's fed up and is leaving the city.

I hope he stays. I may not agree with his way of bringing attention to Detroit's problems but he's obviously a concerned Detroit resident who is speaking out.

Detroit needs more active people living in the outer areas. But it does take a toll on you.

Let's see they've had Escape From New York and Escape from L.A. movies.
    We have real life Escape From Detroit going on for over 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by getmoore View Post
    I thought this happened some time last year and the sign has since been taken down.
    Thank you! As I watched this story on the news I kept thinking I'd seen the same story sometime late last year.Same sign but last year the story featured an african american man[[preacher?)as the man who painted/posted the sign.