Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Detroiters shot on a Pontiac Party Bus observing a robbery?

Details seem sketchy to me but the initial report is that two Detroiter's observed a robbery outside a bar/ club and when they yelled at the assailant he fired upon the bus. Killing two......

Two Killed In Pontiac Party Bus Shooting Outside Porky's

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ng-20120514-rs

Common sense should tell you not to yell at someone with a gun. Why didn't they just call 911?

^^^^ I don't understand what the 19 year old was doing on the scene, on a party buss in front of a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^^ I don't understand what the 19 year old was doing on the scene, on a party buss in front of a bar?
    Really? Thats what bothers you about this situation?

Drinking scene... but I guess it could be argued she was just on the bus with other members of a party from elsewhere, though she would not have been able to go into that bar?

Drinking scene... but I guess it could be argued she was just on the bus with other members of a party from elsewhere, though she would not have been able to go into that bar?
    Right, because underage kids could get never into a bar. They also abstain from sex and always say no to drugs.

Please. I'm not stupid... LOL, I've raised and worked with and taught teens. Yeah some teens get into bars and other places they should not be, do stuff they should not and in this case being at this place cost a teen their life!
    Quote Originally Posted by ResurgetCineribus View Post
    Right, because underage kids could get never into a bar. They also abstain from sex and always say no to drugs.

Please. I'm not stupid... LOL, I've raised and worked with and taught teens. Yeah some teens get into bars and other places they should not be, do stuff they should not and in this case being at this place cost a teen their life!
    ResurgetCineribus
    Not at all saying anyone deserves to be shot [[this is clearly a tragedy) or that teens don't drink or screw...

Still... would have been nice if the NINETEEN year old mother of a 2 yr old could have found better ways and better places to spend her time. Its hard to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time" when you're home with your toddler and not out at the club, at 2 am, at 19 yrs. old.
    Last edited by bailey; May-14-12 at 09:28 AM.

Well stated. A tragedy all around...
    Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    ....The NINETEEN year old mother of a 2 yr old could have found better ways and better places to spend her time. Its hard to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time" when you're home with your toddler and not out at the club, at 2 am, at 19 yrs. old.

Not at all saying anyone deserves to be shot [[this is clearly a tragedy) or that teens don't drink or screw...

Still... would have been nice if the NINETEEN year old mother of a 2 yr old could have found better ways and better places to spend her time. Its hard to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time" when you're home with your toddler and not out at the club, at 2 am, at 19 yrs. old.
    That's neither here nor there. I'm sure there will be plenty of nineteen year old girls in Ann Arbor this fall sneaking into bars when they could be in the library studying... Should one of them happen to be killed in the crossfire from an armed robbery, I'm sure the last thing on any person's mind will be that they should have been somewhere studying.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    That's neither here nor there. I'm sure there will be plenty of nineteen year old girls in Ann Arbor this fall sneaking into bars when they could be in the library studying... Should one of them happen to be killed in the crossfire from an armed robbery, I'm sure the last thing on any person's mind will be that they should have been somewhere studying.
    The missing attribute here is she already has a child. Does she need to be out creating another?

Why is everyone blaming the victims for having a good time. Isn't the sociopath killer the problem here. Most folks would think that riding on a party bus would be safe.

No, it would have been nice if some assclown didn't shoot people and we didn't judge the vicitims by such axiliary information.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    The missing attribute here is she already has a child. Does she need to be out creating another?
    Still not seeing what her having a kid has to do with her being murdered?

If the 19 year old mother wasn't sitting in that seat, someone else would have been. Perhaps a 49 year old teacher and mother? Would that make the news go down any smoother for some of you? The point is, this monster fired into the bus and the bullets killed two people!

Its hard to be in the "wrong place at the wrong time" when you're home with your toddler
    Right, like nobody ever got hit by a stray round while sitting on their couch watching TV or sleeping.

Should these two have been somewhere other than home, so they weren't in the wrong place at the wrong time? [[Doesn't really say if it was their house though.)

Also Sunday, the bodies of a man and woman were found inside a home on Detroit's east side, Detroit police said.

A family member discovered the bodies of a woman, 61, and a man, 71, in the 3100 block of Lenox, according to a news release.

EMS workers pronounced both victims dead at the scene. They suffered injuries to their bodies, but the cause of death is pending autopsies, police said.

No arrests have been made.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012051...und-in-a-house

Quote Originally Posted by ResurgetCineribus View Post
    No, it would have been nice if some assclown didn't shoot people and we didn't judge the vicitims by such axiliary information.

If the robber escaped w/o anyone saying a word then they would have blamed the ominous sounding "no snitchin'" attitude. But they can't do that because they got shot for calling attention to the crime. In leiu of that they have to grasp at straws. The general facts are that you can be in a bar and under 18 if they serve food. You just cant drink or sit at the bar. That doesn't matter because she wasn't in the bar. According to the Free Press story this was a private party bus for someone she knew that may have been the only reason she was there.

What a horrible tragedy for everyone involved [[except of course the POS shooter).

Thank for summarizing this tragedy to where the rubber meets the road. We have a bold-faced, beligirent, blatent criminal trolling about robbing in the first instance, then shooting folks who found that behavior objectionable. That's the MAIN ISSUE! And the fact that a teen was involved only makes it additionally sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    If the 19 year old mother wasn't sitting in that seat, someone else would have been. Perhaps a 49 year old teacher and mother? Would that make the news go down any smoother for some of you? The point is, this monster fired into the bus and the bullets killed two people!

Nothing to see, move along........
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Still not 'seeing' what her having a kid has to do with her being murdered?

So let me get this straight.... a group of people rent a party bus for the night so they can go out and NOT drink & drive [[pretty responsible), happen to have a 19 year old ADULT on board [[not uncommon), observe a robbery and actually have the BALLS to call attention to it in an effort to help [[pretty gutsy), the robbers shoot at the bus and kill 2 people [[tragic), and your takeaway is "what was a 19 year old doing on the bus"????? Really??

We have no idea whether the 19 year old was even drinking, and it is common for bars [[especially in Pontiac which caters to a college age demo) to have 18 & over admittance policies. 18 to enter, 21 to drink. Thus the big black "X" marks they put on underage people's hands that take forever to wash off.

Now take into account that Pontiac no longer has a police department so the likelihood of anything happening to the robbers was minimal at best.

Responsible people out for some good fun on Saturday night, trying to help out a person being robbed, and paying the price for their assistance.

Horrible story. I hope we never have to hear about something like this again.

Ummm... That's a bit further than I'd go -- "forecasting" what someone else would 'precisely' be doing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-14-12 at 11:05 AM.

I see your point, thank you.... I've never been on one of those busses and you make several good points. It would make sense for folks younger to be on board in some cases. Thanks for the clarification.

AND THE BIGGER POINT IS LAWLESSNESS AND LACK OF LAW INFORCEMENT! Criminals know that have an open slate to do as they please. Very tragic event.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Tom T View Post
    So let me get this straight.... a group of people rent a party bus for the night so they can go out and NOT drink & drive [[pretty responsible), happen to have a 19 year old ADULT on board [[not uncommon), observe a robbery and actually have the BALLS to call attention to it in an effort to help [[pretty gutsy), the robbers shoot at the bus and kill 2 people [[tragic), and your takeaway is "what was a 19 year old doing on the bus"????? Really??

We have no idea whether the 19 year old was even drinking, and it is common for bars [[especially in Pontiac which caters to a college age demo) to have 18 & over admittance policies. 18 to enter, 21 to drink. Thus the big black "X" marks they put on underage people's hands that take forever to wash off.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-14-12 at 11:13 AM.

Or, maybe she is a responsible mother and this was her one time out in the last year. Perhaps it was a birthday party or bachelorette party that was planned months ago, she had a babysitter and ventured out once for a friend.

Hate to break it to you but parents of all ages, racecs, socio-economic backgrounds, etc occasionally have baby sitters and go out.

Is it that she is from Detroit, 19, out at a 'club' or a combination of them that are making people assume she was being a delinquent parent.

Had this been a mother from a well off family in Birmingham that was shot I suspect the sentiment would be very, very different.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast