Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How Times Have Changed - Michigan Citizen Photo

I was just looking at the Michigan Citizen's website. I am fascinated by the connection between the nice little bistro Le Petite Zinc and the owners of that nutty paper. Things just don't match-up.

But anyway, the photo on the website shows a primary class photo in a closing Detroit Public School taken very recently and it accompanies a story about the school closing. Three of the little children are flashing gang signs!

When I was teaching little kids, if such a disorderly thing happened, I'd have thanked and excused the photographer and refused to allow the children their hilarious moment at my expense [[as their teacher and example-provider) and at their school's expense. But, I guess, now its just the done thing to make yourselves and your school look stupid.

Ok, I'm gonna have to ask.... aren't those "peace" signs?

No, the sideway forked fingers is a gang sign.

Since you are the authority, which gang?

What is the connection between the nice little bistro Le Petite Zinc and the owners of the Michigan Citizen?

Also, I agree with the question that was asked, pretty sure those are not gang signs. What do you call the kid in the blue t-shirt?

Link to the photo ?

Pretty sure those are gang flashes. The Petite Zinc is owned by the daughter and son-in-law of the owner of the Michigan Citizen. The buildings share a property owned by the owner of the Michigan Citizen. The restaurant offers the Michigan Citizen as reading material to its patrons.

Looked again and they are certainly the forked gang sign. http://www.michigancitizen.com/
    Not one of the three is straight up, all three sideways and one kid has the curved arm as well. They are maybe 7 years old.

he Petite Zinc is owned by the daughter and son-in-law of the owner of the Michigan Citizen. The buildings share a property owned by the owner of the Michigan Citizen. The restaurant offers the Michigan Citizen as reading material to its patrons.
    So? is that some sort of nefarious conspiracy?

I'm just trying to figure out what has gotten your hackles up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Link to the photo ?
    i had to google the website.

It's a peace sign. It's what the kids are doing today.

I don't have hackles up. Its just that the newspaper is so strange and the restaurant is so nice.

I guess you guys who think that's a peace sign don't live in Detroit!

No. personally I'm just not one to assume that a 7 yr old black kid flashing a peace sign is really throwing up gang signs. but that's just me.

Pathetic you seem more concerned about kids mugging for the camera than you are about their school shuting down. Where are your priorities? Have apathy for these kids.

gravitymachine Guest

i thought the "fork" that gangs often use for their signage was three-pronged, not two. though i'm just going on what i've seen painted on walls

LMAO! It is NOT a gang sign.

Have apathy for these kids.
    Isnt that the problem facing DPS already?

Okay! I believe you.

Miley Ray Cyrus is claimin a set that Billy Ray doesn't know about: http://www.juniorcelebs.com/files/20...peace-sign.jpg

Let's see, this is a peace sign [[for those of you who don't know what it looks like) . . .

This is definitely a gang sign . . .

First we had the WAR on Drugs. Then the WAR on terror.

Now we have the WAR on PEACE!

The little sweeties have the word peace right on the front of their T-shirts. They are not trying to look "hard". The peace sign is done sideways now because it's cooler and this generation does not want to be confused with the hippie generation.

Seriously though, I have seen teenagers flash that sideways peace sign and actually say things like: "Peace Out" [[goodbye), "What's Up?" [[Hello). It is just a greeting. Even nerdy kids do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Let's see, this is a peace sign [[for those of you who don't know what it looks like) . . .

This is definitely a gang sign . . .
    HahahaLOL!

It's called "chunk the deuce"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...%20the%20deuce

It's not a gang sign but it is often thrown up by stupid white kids who want to look "gangsta."

The proper response to anyone who does this is "Rock beats scissors, bitch!"

Haha I can't believe people thought these were gang signs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast