Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cornerstone estates

Does anyone have any updates on this project? When is the expected occupancy going to occur and are the units booked?

I think there are people already living in some. At least, I think I remember seeing cars in the parking lots on the east side of the development.

There are people currently living in the first units that have been built from Temple towards MLK. Just saw a young lady posing for pictures in her prom dress this past Friday. The units, although small from front to back, do have a second floor and I believe a basement. I find the overall design of the "housing project" to be quite attractive as compared to parts of others like those in Woodbridge Estates and GardenView Estates. Good to see that most units face north and south and not face the service drive of the Lodge or back into it. Now, where is the retail gonna go?

Dave Bing on Cornerstone Estates

"At last some wealthy developer demolished the projects to built new projects. Looks like gentrification of Detroit's inner city ghettoes is it hand."

The buildings are progressing. The entire complex has foundations in place now all the way to MLK/Lodge. Driving along Fourth Street, I saw a basement in one of the foundations. In some parts of the complex, the existing east-west streets extend right into them. Again, the design is pretty nice for a "housing project."

BTW, does anyone know who lives and owns the three single family homes on Fourth Street that have been there forever and have been well-maintained? I have been amazed that the people living there have stuck it out there because that's been a rough area for years. I know they must be glad to see the redesigned housing project. Kudos to them for sticking it out in Detroit.