Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Buy American Guest

Default Security Guard killed in church parking lot in Detroit

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ch-parking-lot

Another senseless killing in Detroit.

SteveJ Guest

There is really no point in using an 84 year old security guard.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    84 years old or not, he's still dead by violence.

2 guys with guns approach an 84 yr old sitting in his car. How exactly does a fight ensue?

Sounds like the security guard wanted it to be one way.

"Sounds like the security guard wanted it to be one way."

But its the other way!

GUSHI Guest

What church?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    What church?
    Watch the video.

If you've made it that far, you deserve to die peacefully.

Age doesn't matter when you're facing a gun. You can have washboard abs and still meet your maker.

We talked a few months ago about Catholic Churches in the city. Rightfully so, how should this make people feel about venturing from wherever they may live to come to and support houses of worship throughout the city?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcguire30 View Post
    "Sounds like the security guard wanted it to be one way."

But its the other way!
    This has nothing to do with Chris and Snoop

Dave Bing's response to the shooting of a security guard at a Church

"Murderers who killed an innocent person in front of holy ground are destined to go to Hell! If my police don't get you, God will."

Oh boy... are you making these up as you go along Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    What church?
    Victory Way Assembly Church of God at Vancourt and Tireman.

GUSHI Guest

Thank you Zack

Life is on the cheap on the streets of Detroit. I can only surmise how this poor man was feeling, alone in his car protecting the values he felt were worth saving. 84 years old. His days of worship in that church were probably a long series of memories of how things were in his youth to what had become of his city. Maybe born in the south or elsewhere or in the D, but near the end, he was hit on by a violent few, in latter day Detroit, aching to make it better, and let down, knocked down; shot like prey. No need to fetch a cause in Iraq, go to Chaldean Town instead. This misery has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    I'd like to think that people would show some kind of respect to an 84 year old church security guard.

I still think he would be a deterrent for most people that have issues with harming 84-year old church security guards.

It just doesn't make sense. The violence literally is senseless, I cannot comprehend in my mind with this is happening.

UPDATE:

Murdered Security Guard Was Decorated Korean War Vet

Murderer still on the loose......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...korean-war-vet

Default Who will take his place??

84-year-old Joseph Lewis was more than a security guard.Awarded a Bronze Star for his service in the Korean War, he also had three children, two of whom work at Henry Ford Hospital and were at the hospital when their father was brought in. Anthony was in Jacksonville. Anthony, who served in the army for many years, says his father taught them all the value of hard work. He was a true patriot. "He never referred to himself as an African-American or a black man or a colored man. He taught us that we were Americans."

UPDATE:
    Two teens arraigned in Detroit church security guard's murder

Eighteen-year-old Alandre Boone and another 15-year-old are both charged with Second Degree Murder and Felony Firearms charges. The 15-year-old has been charged as an adult.

Minors out all night long, they need to start charging and fining the parents whose children are found out on the streets late at night. I wasn't allowed, even at 17 years old to be out past 11. Most of these heinous crimes are being committed by teenagers. Time to start getting REALLY tough on the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitgayhistoryguy View Post
    Minors out all night long, they need to start charging and fining the parents whose children are found out on the streets late at night. I wasn't allowed, even at 17 years old to be out past 11. Most of these heinous crimes are being committed by teenagers. Time to start getting REALLY tough on the parents.
    I 100% agree

What parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    What parents?

You know.... those people who talk to and relate to their kids like they are there best hanging buddies instead of ... parents