Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Homeowner Kills Intruder, 2nd Suspect Runs For His Life

Barbara Street, near I-96 and Outer Drive.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/...-for-his-life/

Well the intruders did not come delivering girl scout cookies - or to have tea time. That street is along the border of the joyful Brightmoor area. Very rough neighborhood right behind were that house was if I've got it right.

Interesting, one of the intruders made a 'new' door thru the front picture window once things got busy and the home owners responded with fire power of their own.

More 'push back' from people who do not intend to be victims. The brazen 'occupation' of home invasion thwarted thankfully. Good the homeowners were not killed.

I understand the female home owner has a gun shot wound but expected to survive.

Looks like they had good police response as the second perp who exited via window as caught quickly.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-09-12 at 07:05 AM.

There is an entire story around her shoulder wound.

If not in the delivery, then most certainly in recovery.

Can you imagine..."damnit, you just SHOT me!"

And forevermore, she has something over him now.

Glad the perps were BOTH caught, in various forms, and the occupants win again.

I cannot drum up any sympathy for home invaders. They get what they deserve.

Imagine if the poor guy would have killed his own wife.
    It sure is a tough world out there

So in the Brightmoore's small middle income ghettohood some [[second wave African American person with less morals and education) made a fateful decision that would take the person to hell by robbing a home of owner who packs heat. The homeowner shot the robber, the robber jumps out of the picture window, ran for his life and was dead intantly. The owner may may not be charged because the shooting of the intruder was justified under the second amendment of the Bill of Rights. [[Unless the firearm was concealled!)

More brothers getting killed the ghettoes of Detroit. Waiting for the African American race to be an endangered species.

Danny, you call robbing home-invaders "brothers" just because they happen to also be black? If a white dude invaded a home with intent to rob, I would never call him "brother" because we share the same skin color. I'd call him "asshole".

Brother, my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Danny, you call robbing home-invaders "brothers" just because they happen to also be black? If a white dude invaded a home with intent to rob, I would never call him "brother" because we share the same skin color. I'd call him "asshole".

Brother, my ass.
    That's what biased local media said, not me. I have also read the report from the Detroit Police.

Not Brightmoor. More like Copper Canyon Heights.

Used to be a pretty good neighborhood.

Name:  BarbaraStSnip.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  59.4 KB

Another punk-thug gets a dose of instant-justice! I love it.

I hope this creeps thug friends don't come back after this family now..

no sympathy for the perpetrators.. but i'm curious.. with the news in recent months about different burglars who have been shot and/or killed while attempting to rob someone, what makes the latest contestants feel that they have what it takes to get away with it? Don't they realize that whoever's home they're breaking into could be more well armed than they are?
    Maybe they don't read newspapers or watch TV news, but don't they at least hear through the grapevine about how so-and-so got killed trying to pull off a heist? Oh well. those who don't know their history...

Lamphere and Barbara is west of Outer Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    no sympathy for the perpetrators.. but i'm curious.. with the news in recent months about different burglars who have been shot and/or killed while attempting to rob someone, what makes the latest contestants feel that they have what it takes to get away with it? Don't they realize that whoever's home they're breaking into could be more well armed than they are?
    Maybe they don't read newspapers or watch TV news, but don't they at least hear through the grapevine about how so-and-so got killed trying to pull off a heist? Oh well. those who don't know their history...
    This type of person doesn't care about dying. Even though that incident is from Chicago I am sure the same type of people exist here. What do we as the people who know better expect? In Michigan we have a state that has had no to low economic growth for a decade and then we cut the police in the city with the worst problems. This is what is going to happen until we behave like responsible adults.

BRAVO! I was so glad to hear this morning that this guy killed one of the intruders! Too bad he didn't kill them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The owner may may not be charged because the shooting of the intruder was justified under the second amendment of the Bill of Rights. [[Unless the firearm was concealled!)
    This has more to do with the Michigan Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws. Concealment has nothing to do with this as it was on private property and in closed doors.

Good guys win again! Can the rest of you defend yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by internet_pseudopod View Post
    This type of person doesn't care about dying. Even though that incident is from Chicago I am sure the same type of people exist here. What do we as the people who know better expect? In Michigan we have a state that has had no to low economic growth for a decade and then we cut the police in the city with the worst problems. This is what is going to happen until we behave like responsible adults.
    Completely agree.

To assume they will stop simply because they hear of a few other people getting killed in the act, you have to assume they actually have something to lose in life and fear death.

Many of these people don't.

If anything, it will prompt them to simply fight more fire with more fire, which in the end only hurts more innocent Detroiters. That's why you hear of the incidents about the perps shooting the innocent victims before they even attempt to get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Weird. It ends at Outer Drive, then picks up again about 3 blocks west. But it's only a partial block, then curves and turns into Chatham. Google Street View shows nicely kept brick houses with well-manicured lawns.

I should recognize that former business [[turned into another church) in the foreground, but I don't.

Name:  BarbaraStSnip2.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  74.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Street View of the house

... with now-absent topiary. Hmm.

Detroit's victim pool is shrinking.
    Pretty soon I would expect some cuts to start happening too. State and city went into some sort of agreement but the fact remains that there isn't enough money to maintain the current level of lots of things. Fire and police among them. Police are trying to get at more tax dollars. A 75K $ house would be taxed an extra 200 or so dollars a month. Will more people pack up and leave town? Paying more and receiving less.
    This constitutes the 3rd Detroit business owner in the last couple weeks. The other 2 were not so lucky. The antique guy on the west side that was beat to death. The party store owner shot. They were obviously targeted because they were assumed to have something. How much could someone possibly expect them to have though? An antique dealer in a tough neighborhood? Didn't the liquor store owner get killed in the early morning on his way in to work? Killed with expectations of gaining a couple hundred dollars? If you live in the city its probably a real good idea to not project any indication that you have ANYTHING. Its no way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Detroit's victim pool is shrinking.
    Pretty soon I would expect some cuts to start happening too. State and city went into some sort of agreement but the fact remains that there isn't enough money to maintain the current level of lots of things. Fire and police among them. Police are trying to get at more tax dollars. A 75K $ house would be taxed an extra 200 or so dollars a month. Will more people pack up and leave town? Paying more and receiving less.
    This constitutes the 3rd Detroit business owner in the last couple weeks. The other 2 were not so lucky. The antique guy on the west side that was beat to death. The party store owner shot. They were obviously targeted because they were assumed to have something. How much could someone possibly expect them to have though? An antique dealer in a tough neighborhood? Didn't the liquor store owner get killed in the early morning on his way in to work? Killed with expectations of gaining a couple hundred dollars? If you live in the city its probably a real good idea to not project any indication that you have ANYTHING. Its no way to live.
    That's a pretty sad way to live too, especially if you're supposedly an American citizen.

It's simply not worth it if the only rewards for going through this hell is to be around for and witness a renaissance that will never happen for 98% of Detroiters.

I'm really at the point where I'm cool with the National Guard coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I'm really at the point where I'm cool with the National Guard coming in.

I hear that a lot and the one thing I am honestly not clear on is whether the National Guard costs money or not? Do the tanks and other vehicles cost money to run? Do the guardsmen get a salary?

Over on Deadline Detroit [[I love it!), Doron Levin has a story about the Chaldean store owner death toll in Detroit:

http://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/...0_and_counting

I hear that a lot and the one thing I am honestly not clear on is whether the National Guard costs money or not? Do the tanks and other vehicles cost money to run? Do the guardsmen get a salary?
    Of course not, Guardsman LOVE to endanger their lives and be shot at freely.

The National Guard is a branch of the military [[first line of defense), so yes, from your taxpayer dollars.

However, majority of them are only part-time guardsman, and work other civilian jobs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast