Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bricks Falling from the Cary Building?

I came home for lunch and noticed smashed bricks on the sidewalk at the corner of Gratiot and Broadway. There was a woman outside cleaning-up the mess - she said it came from the Cary building. I could not make-out where it broke-off from the building. Who owns this building?

Dennis Kefallinos

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    Dennis Kefallinos
    Nice! Another DK gem!

Sidewalk around the Cary building is closed-off.

Name:  4444.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  89.7 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  81.3 KBName:  322.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  88.5 KB

I knew that greatest slumlord Dennis Kefallinos is behind this. He's not going fix the Cary Building anytime soon. Right now he's trying to ask the banks and investors to pour some money to fix that old turn of century factory on Fort St. and Junction into lofts and condos in which it will not sell.

Getting hit by a falling brick after a happy ending [[@ the Broadway Wellness Center) = not so happy ending after all.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Getting hit by a falling brick after a happy ending [[@ the Broadway Wellness Center) = not so happy ending after all.
    the city should be more aggressive in fining derelict property owners, and should have the power to sieze property from the most egregiously neglectful..

Now there are broken bottles and glass all over the sidewalk on the Gratiot side of the building. This mess has been there since Saturday -- this is ridiculous. Since DK can't act like a grown-up and clean-up the mess [[around his building), I’ll just have to do it for him. Have broom – will sweep! This weekend I’ll tackle the garbage behind the Cary building.

He should at least give you a pizza for that.