Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mista Alan Guest

Default Sam Riddle, Mary Waters & A Plea?

Why are these two even related? Hmm...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/WILSO...SnqCnW2tg.cspx

Sam was Mary Waters Campaign Manager last year, they also live together over by Lafayette Park, not in the Meis places, but across the street.

The thing about Mary Waters is that anything Sam was doing/not doing was going through her phone lines and mail box, so regardless if she knew anything about anything the implication is that she was involved.

Too bad. Nice person and the kind of lady who should be a public official.

This statement looms large:

Wilson: I’m told that they’re conditioning a deal on making sure she never runs for office again, is that true?
    Riddle: I heard that on no less authority than my attorney…That’s not how you make a deal with me. If you’re trying to make a deal with me predicated on Mary Waters never running for political office again, then I’m wondering if Carolyn [[Cheeks) Kilpatrick is not running the U.S. Attorney’s office. Something stinks to high-heaven about that.

It is hoped that the feds aim high here, and the Cadillacs, Escalades and mansions in Texas are no longer used by the "entitled" Kilpatrick clan, at taxpayers' expense.

lilpup Guest

But that makes absolutely no sense - why in the world would they believe they could make a deal with Riddle that includes dictating Waters' behavior? They could only make that deal with Waters.

MIRepublic Guest

In that quote, Riddle says as much. I'm not sure how seriously it was to be taken in the first place given that it sounds nothing more than threatening machissmo machismo, though, I could be reading it wrong.

MonCon will sing like a canary on the Kilpatricks and anyone else she has to before she does jail time. Remember she has a young son at home. She's not trying to leave him.

Default Uncertainty

Just asking, is there a time limit on when she has to decide about accepting/not accepthing the plea? I thought the legal analyst on channel 2 said there wasn't [[last night). Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

lilpup Guest

They may have been wrong about the deadline, or perhaps she slithered in and got booked when no one was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    MonCon will sing like a canary on the Kilpatricks and anyone else she has to before she does jail time. Remember she has a young son at home. She's not trying to leave him.
    Yep. She already shouted to the reporters how she's not like Kilpatrick [[someone correct me...I was half sleep when seeing this).

Buy American Guest

Default Sam Riddle

Sam Riddle, on The Edge tonight, said "if he was questioned under oath he would tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may". He said this more than once and in my opinion, he was giving all his cohorts a fair warning that the $hit was about to hit the fan.

I am really disappointed in Sam Riddle, after all his posturing and his taking such a firm stance against thug KK and his administration, to think that he has been involved in shady dealings with thug Monica is disheartening.

I said once that maybe there were five people who worked for the City of Detroit government administration that had integrity....I have to change that to say that I don't think there is anyone in the City administration who can be trusted.

MIRepublic Guest

There is already a thread on Sam. Perhaps, we can merge this with the other one.

Buy American Guest

Sam Riddle, on The Edge tonight, said "if he was questioned under oath he would tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may". He said this more than once and in my opinion, he was giving all his cohorts a fair warning that the $hit was about to hit the fan.

I am really disappointed in Sam Riddle, after all his posturing and his taking such a firm stance against thug KK and his administration, to think that he has been involved in shady dealings with thug Monica is disheartening.

I said once that maybe there were five people who worked for the City of Detroit government administration that had integrity....I have to change that to say that I don't think there is anyone in the City administration who can be trusted.

Buy American Guest

Didn't see the thread, thanks.

diver1369 Guest

I got the impression last night watching Sam Riddle on TV2 that he was making an appeal to the Feds to offer him a plea bargain deal. Sam may be charming but he's in it for himself. Who knows if there's any truth to what he claims about Mary Waters?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    But that makes absolutely no sense - why in the world would they believe they could make a deal with Riddle that includes dictating Waters' behavior?
    Part of Rayford Jackson's plea was conditioned on his brother not being prosecuted, but testifying as to his role. My guess is that they have enough to bring charges on Mary Waters on the Zeidman's Southfield deal, and they agreed not to prosecute her in a deal with Riddle conditioned on her not running again [[all as part of ole' Sammy's plea).

Remember, there was enough there that l'il Mary resigned her position with Worthy, so I don't believe for one minute that Mary's hands are clean here. But her role was probably miniscule compared to Riddle's.

The Feds aren't trying to restrict Waters from running for anything. Sam is putting that out there to make it appear that he won a concession from the Feds once he does talk. He's letting everyone know that he's about squeal like a pig.

Quote: ".I have to change that to say that I don't think there is anyone in the City administration who can be trusted."

Might explain Archer's one term.

On the stand, Sam will point out, that he was never a City of Detroit employee. Never a public employee. He carried the title of MonCon's Chief of Staff in name only, but in reality he was always a freelance political advisor, and as a freelancer he had many clients in addition to MonCon. As such he can't be charged with public corruption, because he was not paid by the public. It may be a thin and tattered fig-leaf, but that will be his defense.

Sam, like Adolph Mongo, works behind the scenes to influence public opinion; he's a major "barbershopper", and as a shape-shifter, he changes his Modus Operandi to fit the client's goals and budget.

From hints in the media, Sam may have taken on clients who did business with the city, but as only an influencer - not a policy maker - he had no more control over council votes than any other lobbyist. Sam's personable persona is more palatable than Mongo's and his slick command of the language makes him a media darling, a good source of info and quotes.

I always enjoyed Sam. His easy manner, approachable style and loquaciousness make him a true character. I wish him all the best and all of his former clients are shaking ... everyone except Fieger.

Dennis Archer served two terms 1993 - 2001. He chose not to run in 2001, most say becuase of his unpopularity in the community.

Which is a main reason Hendrix has not been elected. Lots of Detroiters can't get past his association with the Archer administration.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    On the stand, Sam will point out, that he was never a City of Detroit employee. Never a public employee. He carried the title of MonCon's Chief of Staff in name only, but in reality he was always a freelance political advisor, and as a freelancer he had many clients in addition to MonCon. As such he can't be charged with public corruption, because he was not paid by the public. It may be a thin and tattered fig-leaf, but that will be his defense.

Sam, like Adolph Mongo, works behind the scenes to influence public opinion; he's a major "barbershopper", and as a shape-shifter, he changes his Modus Operandi to fit the client's goals and budget.

From hints in the media, Sam may have taken on clients who did business with the city, but as only an influencer - not a policy maker - he had no more control over council votes than any other lobbyist. Sam's personable persona is more palatable than Mongo's and his slick command of the language makes him a media darling, a good source of info and quotes.

I always enjoyed Sam. His easy manner, approachable style and loquaciousness make him a true character. I wish him all the best and all of his former clients are shaking ... everyone except Fieger.

Very good points. Has anyone noticed that all of Sam's clients get into legal trouble?

he is a riddle

Riddle refused a plea deal. so he will make a plea of GUILTY in the court of law. Maybe he would to tell the courts the " Council Member A" is Monica Conyers!

Is it possible for the federal government to make secret deals with politicians that hide their corruption in exchange for them vacating office or not running again? Don't the people still have a right to know that the offical was "dirty"?

If it is, then I think Sam Riddle is saying that he will expose those who got secret deals already if he has to take the stand. Were some of those, "I've decided not to run for office again", people part of some early deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    Is it possible for the federal government to make secret deals with politicians that hide their corruption in exchange for them vacating office or not running again? Don't the people still have a right to know that the offical was "dirty"?

If it is, then I think Sam Riddle is saying that he will expose those who got secret deals already if he has to take the stand. Were some of those, "I've decided not to run for office again", people part of some early deals?

The Feds probably have a deal with Sheila Cockrel that calls for them not to charge her. He's probably attempting to use that as leverage with them. How will it look if they don't charge her, but he puts her name into the mix? John Clark will probably do or has done the same thing, since he had direct contact with her. And of course, expect race to be brought into this, especially if the only member of the 5 that voted yes for Synagro that isn't charged happens to be the only white one. That may be why Barabara Rose Collins isn't running. The Feds might have made the same deal with her to avoid that allegation.

"The Feds probably have a deal with Sheila Cockrel that calls for them not to charge her."

Charge her with what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast