Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default It's official! The State of New Mexico is mostly Mexican/Hispanic.

Sources from the 2010 U.S. Census reported that The State of New Mexico is 46% Mexican/Hispanic while its caucasian population is 40%. An influx of Mexican immigrants both legal and illegal made it possible. Since Mexican/Hispanic are the first minority group next to African Americans; will their fast growing population continue to fill up the America or will there be laws to close Lady Liberty's golden door in them and any other immigrants.

Any thoughts?

Sorry Danny, but this is old, old news and has very little or nothing to do with immigration during the last 10 years.

In the 2000 Census [[12 years ago), the were 45.4% Hispanic and 41.3% Caucasian. The 1990 Census data was similar.

It's official, NM is barely American in terms of time and locale.

Danny, I don't get why that matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    will there be laws to close Lady Liberty's golden door in them and any other immigrants.
    The immigration laws have already closed the doors to hispanic immigrants. An expanded guest worker program would help a great deal but comprehensive reform is really needed.

I dunno; last time I stayed overnight in Gallup, seemed like it was 80% native American. Nice town, good motels.

Aliens have been a big part of New Mexico for a long time!

Attachment 13263

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitrobert View Post
    The immigration laws have already closed the doors to hispanic immigrants. An expanded guest worker program would help a great deal but comprehensive reform is really needed.

Oh there will be more illegal Mexican/Hispanic immigrants coming into the U.S. Mexico's government is like Detroit City government. It's cities and its states are drug and supergang cartel controlled. Little or no created regional job base unless international companies want in the action and for its resourses and get Mexican folks to work for low wages. It's Olmec and Aztec cultures and sacred places were turned into circus attractions and be exploited to illegal art collection dealers. Other Mexican cities are being used for the rich classes and Spring Break college students from the U.S. And don't drink their water from the tap, just [[BYOWB) bring your own water bottles.

Give it about 50 years and California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Utah be will mostly Mexican/Hispanic dominate.

Canada has French Speaking Quebec, The United States has Spanish Speaking New Mexico [[Nuevo Mexico).
    Last edited by Danny; May-09-12 at 01:17 PM.

I don't know why Mexican's just don't come here legally to work or to stay . Their welcome but its an insult to all the folks years and years before them who did take the time to come here legally . Its the law , if we let one get away with it , why not just abandon the borders and let anyone in . Actually I read recently that illegal immigrants from Mexico has slowed way down because of the economy here in the U.S. ... But while Mexico has slammed the U.S. for building walls along our border [[ I think its a waste of money) they have been building walls along the Mexico/Guatamala border ...... to keep illegal's out of Mexico !
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/28117

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I don't know why Mexican's just don't come here legally to work or to stay . Their welcome but its an insult to all the folks years and years before them who did take the time to come here legally .

I think your first three words of the post tells the story. Do you have any idea what it takes to "legally" come here?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitrobert View Post
    I think your first three words of the post tells the story. Do you have any idea what it takes to "legally" come here?
    694,000 US resident were naturalized last year. It's an expensive hassle to do things right but there are a lot of people willing to come in through the front door instead of slithering in some other way. I know someone going through the process now. Our government does not make it easy. She has had to travel up to 1,200 miles to check in an immigration office instead of being allowed to go to another office 150 miles away. It's a few hundred dollars here and a thousand dollars there. If such people miss an appointment, they are gone. The legal process seems to need streamlining.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    It's a few hundred dollars here and a thousand dollars there. If such people miss an appointment, they are gone. The legal process seems to need streamlining.
    In a perfect situation it might cost that little and only take a few years. Every case is different but for most people, $5,000 - $10,000 and 5-7 years is the norm. The cap on the guest worker program is much too low. We could use more workers and there are plenty that are willing to do it. An expanded guest worker program would put a dent in illegal immigration by itself. A second course of action would be to streamline the immigration process, as you mentioned. Families that include U.S. citizens shouldn't have to wait 3-10 years to be reunited. Lastly, we need to deal with the problem of the undocumented people that are already here. Too many people scream that they should all be deported without understanding the enormous cost and logistical impossibility of that thought. Plus, when you add in the immediate disappearance of that many tax paying workers, how is that going to affect this country economically? I believe the solution is to allow those here illegally to apply for a resident visa or guest worker status, pay a hefty fine, and put them in line on a specific date. They would be allowed to stay during the application/probation process and during that time, if they commit any felonies, or are to have found to have committed felonies in the past, their application will be rejected and they will be subject to deportation.

Detroitrobert, As long as there are Americans on extended unemployment, why should any guest workers be brought in except if it is impossible to find Americans able to do a given job and why is the existence of illegal aliens tolerated? Yes, corporate farms might have to pay another nickel to harvest lettuce if Americans won't work for illegal alien wages. Americans are capable of paying taxes too. [[Note: residents come in two varieties; citizens and aliens. The aliens are either legal or illegal. "Illegal alien" is a legal and descriptive term. "Undocumented immigrant" is a sloppy pc term meaning whatever.) If the fine was $200,000, it might cover the value of US citizenship, the free public schools, free emergency medical care if necessary, longer life expectancy, etc.. But why not favor those who earn their way through front door rather than be selling citizenships? The best way to reunite illegal immigrant families is to send them back home to have their reunions. Once back home, they can get in line behind those who are trying to get into the US legally.

I have sons working pretty high up in IT who are surrounded by a majority of legal foreign IT workers. That's fine and even desirable if there are no Americans capable of those jobs. But why aren't US colleges able to produce such necessary workers? The other question is if any of the foreign IT workers are being paid less because those companies didn't try hard enough to find Americans who demanded higher salaries.

Immigration has no effect on the burgeoning population of Hispanics and other minorities.

It was predicted 30 years ago, that America will no longer be a white nation.

What we must understand that America [[North America and South America) has been home for centuries to Native Americans in North America and South America. The people of Central America has always migrated back and forth from the Rio Grande before the colonies arrived.

This is their land. I do not call them illegal immigrants or illegal aliens. THEY ARE NATIVE AMERICANS. THEY ARE NATIVE TO NORTH AMERICAN AND THEREFOR ARE NATIVE AMERICANS.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT NATIVE AMERICANS ARE POPULATING THE COUNTRY, THEN LEAVE.

Good one, History. We have continual issues with families on both sides of the artificial borders, even some communities are on both sides of the so called borders.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    Immigration has no effect on the burgeoning population of Hispanics and other minorities.

It was predicted 30 years ago, that America will no longer be a white nation.

What we must understand that America [[North America and South America) has been home for centuries to Native Americans in North America and South America. The people of Central America has always migrated back and forth from the Rio Grande before the colonies arrived.

This is their land. I do not call them illegal immigrants or illegal aliens. THEY ARE NATIVE AMERICANS. THEY ARE NATIVE TO NORTH AMERICAN AND THEREFOR ARE NATIVE AMERICANS.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT NATIVE AMERICANS ARE POPULATING THE COUNTRY, THEN LEAVE.

Race Population % of all Hispanic
    and Latino Americans
    White 26,735,713 53.0
    Some other race
    [[Mestizo, Mulatto, etc.)
    18,503,103 36.7
    Two or more races 3,042,592 6.0
    Black 1,243,471 2.5
    American Indian and Alaska Native 685,150 1.4
    Asian 209,128 0.4
    Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander 58,437 0.1
    Total 50,477,594 100.0
    {1}^ a b c Humes, Karen R.; Jones, Nicholas A.; Ramirez, Roberto R.. "Overview of Race and Hispanic Origin: 2010" [[PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-03-28.

History, I wasn't specifically addressing Hispanics if you were even addressing me but since Hispanic exclusivism is on your mind... According to the table above, the majority of Hispanic Americans are white; the descendants of Cortez rather than Montezuma if that is what you are promoting. I thought that "Love it or leave it" was some sort of right wing cliche aimed at hippies. Sorry, but there have always been borders and we live in the world of our present borders not those of 14,000 B.C. Even Indian tribes fought each other over territory and resources. The ancestors of American Indians didn't come from the same place at the same time either. Extending you logic, such as it is, the descendants of whichever group of Asians sailed here or crossed the Bering Strait first should be calling the shots. Maybe America does belong to China. But reality is so complicated. One of the major groups crossing the Bering Straits carried the X haplotype. 15% of Sioux Indians have the X haplotype as do 7% of Orkney Islanders and 27% of the Israeli Druze community. In other words, Indians have some common ancestry with Europeans.

Detroitrobert, As long as there are Americans on extended unemployment, why should any guest workers be brought in except if it is impossible to find Americans able to do a given job and why is the existence of illegal aliens tolerated?
    Because Americans just won't pick crops for $9 or $10 an hour and farmers won't pay more. It just doesn't happen and it won't happen, period. I'm sure you have read the same stories I have of the crops rotting in the fields in Alabama and Georgia after the immigrants left in fear of tough anti-undocumented alien laws. Why didn't all of those unemployed Americans take up the work instead of living off of welfare?

Note: residents come in two varieties; citizens and aliens. The aliens are either legal or illegal. "Illegal alien" is a legal and descriptive term. "Undocumented immigrant" is a sloppy pc term meaning whatever.
    I am quite aware of the terms and their meanings. Although I use it myself sometimes, I tend to try to avoid the term "Illegal Alien" because it infers that the person is illegal. A person cannot be illegal, but their actions can be. I'm sure you have broken a law in your life, as we all have, and while you were speeding or drinking in public, would call yourself an illegal? Don't bother answering that, it would be absurd to call you an illegal while you were doing 75 in a 65 but most people have no qualms with calling aliens "illegal" because they are committing a crime. Secondly, when a person is EWI or Entry Without Inspection, they don't have their documentation. Guess what that means? They are undocumented. So, it's not some "sloppy PC term", it's what it is, it's the reality. If anything is a misnomer, it's the term "illegal", for the reasons outlined above.

But why not favor those who earn their way through front door rather than be selling citizenships?
    That's why I said, "on a specific date". That way, anyone that applied ahead of them would be ahead of them in line and anyone that applied after them would in line after them. Would it be more fair for the undocumented to be sent home? Sure, but use a little reason and realistic thinking. That is impossible and it just ain't going to happen.

The best way to reunite illegal immigrant families is to send them back home to have their reunions.
    You're totally ignoring that for a very large number of undocumented aliens, most of their known family is already here, often times as legal residents.

Once back home, they can get in line behind those who are trying to get into the US legally.
    Again, unrealistic, probably impossible, and would cause a huge economic burden to this country. It isn't going to happen but good luck with that.

I have sons working pretty high up in IT who are surrounded by a majority of legal foreign IT workers. That's fine and even desirable if there are no Americans capable of those jobs. But why aren't US colleges able to produce such necessary workers? The other question is if any of the foreign IT workers are being paid less because those companies didn't try hard enough to find Americans who demanded higher salaries.
    I don't have an answer to your questions but agree that American colleges shouldn't be having a problem producing workers to meet the demands of those higher paying jobs.

Detroitrobert: Because Americans just won't pick crops for $9 or $10 an hour and farmers won't pay more. It just doesn't happen and it won't happen, period. I'm sure you have read the same stories I have of the crops rotting in the fields in Alabama and Georgia after the immigrants left in fear of tough anti-undocumented alien laws. Why didn't all of those unemployed Americans take up the work instead of living off of welfare?
    You are advocating a caste system with one wage scale for illegal aliens and a living wage for everyone else. Pay $20 an hour and raise the price of lettuce a nickel and see what happens. The day of plantations should be over. In my area, Most apples were picked by housewives and after school teens with the occasional crew of blacks. Americans will do anything if the pay is high enough; consider some things doctors do. What is the efficiency of selling letuce for anickel less and then billing taxpayers to keep Americans on unemployment?

I am quite aware of the terms and their meanings. Although I use it myself sometimes, I tend to try to avoid the term "Illegal Alien" because it infers that the person is illegal. A person cannot be illegal, but their actions can be. I'm sure you have broken a law in your life, as we all have, and while you were speeding or drinking in public, would call yourself an illegal? Don't bother answering that, it would be absurd to call you an illegal while you were doing 75 in a 65 but most people have no qualms with calling aliens "illegal" because they are committing a crime. Secondly, when a person is EWI or Entry Without Inspection, they don't have their documentation. Guess what that means? They are undocumented. So, it's not some "sloppy PC term", it's what it is, it's the reality. If anything is a misnomer, it's the term "illegal", for the reasons outlined above.
    I use the term "illegal alien" because that is what I am talking about and it is the meaningful legal term. Should we start calling bank robbers "undocumented borrowers" because it is only their actions that can be illegal. Yes I do sometimes speed. That is illegal. When the police catch me, they fine me as the law requires. When police catch illegal aliens, the law requires they be sent packing. Both are misdemeanors; not crimes.

That's why I said, "on a specific date". That way, anyone that applied ahead of them would be ahead of them in line and anyone that applied after them would in line after them. Would it be more fair for the undocumented to be sent home? Sure, but use a little reason and realistic thinking. That is impossible and it just ain't going to happen.
    The law doesn't even allow them in the country. They can get in line back home with people who try to honor US laws. They steal US jobs. There is a legal immigration system allowing legal aliens into the country. The latter group makes better citizens then those who slither in. Just heavily fine and imprison cheating employers who save a buck hiring illegal aliens and hiring US workers paid a higher wage will make sense. No jobs and the illegal aliens will start making their own way back home and stop coming. No round ups required. Round up employers instead.

You're totally ignoring that for a very large number of undocumented aliens, most of their known family is already here, often times as legal residents.
    So what? Those legal relatives must have wanted something more than to stay with the relatives they left behind. Life is full of choices.

Again, unrealistic, probably impossible, and would cause a huge economic burden to this country. It isn't going to happen but good luck with that.
    The economic burden would be on cheating employers or would be plantation owners who would have to pay a living wage to hire Americans or automate. Tax payer would be relieved of a burden paying for social services for poorly paid illegal aliens and unemployment for Americans.

I don't have an answer to your questions but agree that American colleges shouldn't be having a problem producing workers to meet the demands of those higher paying jobs.
    We agree on that. Maybe it's just cheaper to teach liberal arts than nursing or IT.

race population % of all hispanic
    and latino americans
    white 26,735,713 53.0
    some other race
    [[mestizo, mulatto, etc.)
    18,503,103 36.7
    two or more races 3,042,592 6.0
    black 1,243,471 2.5
    american indian and alaska native 685,150 1.4
    asian 209,128 0.4
    native hawaiian and pacific islander 58,437 0.1
    total 50,477,594 100.0
    {1}^ a b c humes, karen r.; jones, nicholas a.; ramirez, roberto r.. "overview of race and hispanic origin: 2010" [[pdf). U.s. Census bureau. Retrieved 2011-03-28.

History, i wasn't specifically addressing hispanics if you were even addressing me but since hispanic exclusivism is on your mind... According to the table above, the majority of hispanic americans are white; the descendants of cortez rather than montezuma if that is what you are promoting. I thought that "love it or leave it" was some sort of right wing cliche aimed at hippies. Sorry, but there have always been borders and we live in the world of our present borders not those of 14,000 b.c. Even indian tribes fought each other over territory and resources. The ancestors of american indians didn't come from the same place at the same time either. Extending you logic, such as it is, the descendants of whichever group of asians sailed here or crossed the bering strait first should be calling the shots. Maybe america does belong to china. But reality is so complicated. One of the major groups crossing the bering straits carried the x haplotype. 15% of sioux indians have the x haplotype as do 7% of orkney islanders and 27% of the israeli druze community. In other words, indians have some common ancestry with europeans.

keep dreaming. I presume you never been to central america.

In the words of george bush on his visit to brazil.

I did not know there was blacks in brazil.

keep dreaming. I presume you never been to central america.

In the words of george bush on his visit to brazil.

I did not know there was blacks in brazil.
    History, No I haven't been to Central America but what the US Census Bureau numbers are saying is that about half of hispanic and latino Americans moving to the US are white. This thread is about who is having kids here and not about who still lives in Central America. Most of the rest of hispanics and latinos arriving in the US are mestizos and mulattos. Your statement that I was responding to with Census information was "IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT NATIVE AMERICANS ARE POPULATING THE COUNTRY, THEN LEAVE." The Census bureau says they are whites [[53%), mestizos and mulattos [[37%) and would therefore better represent be descendants of Cortez and other Spanish and Portuguese invaders than Monezuma's progeny. The confusion has a bit to do with whether hispanics are considered a non-assimilated and separate cultural group or are broken down by race. You seem to be confusing 'America' with the 'United States' and 'race' with 'hispanic'.

Question: Is George Zimmerman a mestizo?

History, No I haven't been to Central America but what the US Census Bureau numbers are saying is that about half of hispanic and latino Americans moving to the US are white. This thread is about who is having kids here and not about who still lives in Central America. Most of the rest of hispanics and latinos arriving in the US are mestizos and mulattos. Your statement that I was responding to with Census information was "IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT NATIVE AMERICANS ARE POPULATING THE COUNTRY, THEN LEAVE." The Census bureau says they are whites [[53%), mestizos and mulattos [[37%) and would therefore better represent be descendants of Cortez and other Spanish and Portuguese invaders than Monezuma's progeny. The confusion has a bit to do with whether hispanics are considered a non-assimilated and separate cultural group or are broken down by race. You seem to be confusing 'America' with the 'United States' and 'race' with 'hispanic'.

Question: Is George Zimmerman a mestizo?
    From my understanding the white genes have always been the repressive trait.

Such as curly hair gene is dominant over Straight hair. So why are you attempting to label mexicans as whites?

If that is the case then 80% of Afro-Americans are white. Where is your logic.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT WHITES WILL SOON BE THE MINORITY IN 20 YEARS. FOR THE BIGOTS AND THOSE WHO CANNOT HANDLE A NON-WHITE NATION, IT IS TIME TO LEAVE NOW!

From my understanding the white genes have always been the repressive trait.

Such as curly hair gene is dominant over Straight hair. So why are you attempting to label mexicans as whites?

If that is the case then 80% of Afro-Americans are white. Where is your logic.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT WHITES WILL SOON BE THE MINORITY IN 20 YEARS. FOR THE BIGOTS AND THOSE WHO CANNOT HANDLE A NON-WHITE NATION, IT IS TIME TO LEAVE NOW!
    Archie Bunker: "America, love it or leave it"
    HistoryNotHisStory: "IT IS TIME TO LEAVE NOW!"

You are so confused. Where does one start? First, you confuse race with cultural groups. Cultural groups can be broken down by race but you have to decide if you want to talk about racial things like haplotypes or cultural things like language.

The amount of curl in hair is determined by whether a cross section of hair is oval or round. The more oval it is, the more curl there is. Indians have straight hair, Blacks have very curly hair. Whites vary. So what are you rooting for, curly or straight, blacks or Indians? Curly is dominant. The human race, as a whole, is said to be evolving in the direction of being pudgier. So maybe we will have more melanin like blacks but have bodies shaped more like Eskimos. On the other hand, if society ever totally breaks down again, everyone in sunless northern climates with too much melanin will die off from rickets as happened before.

I'm not trying to "label Mexicans as whites". I am showing you that your half baked ideas are not consistent with the US Census Bureau numbers which claim that half of Hispanic immigrants are 'white'. A large percentage of the rest have some white blood. Have your argument with the Census Bureau. I only added the point about that white blood being a reflection more of Cortez's progeny than Monezuma's.

From the statistics I've read, African-Americans are about 17-18% white and southern whites are about 6% African-American. Again, culture plays a role. Obama is a mulatto, who considers himself black although raised by whites. The Senate candidate in Massachusetts who is 1/32 Indian calls herself a native American as convenient. I logically assume that I have some Asian, black, and culturally hispanic ancestors.

I suggest you read up on the National Geographic genographic project. For instance, it maps the various invasions of people from Asia who came to the Americas. Their genes suggest they came from widely different places. Some came from SE Asia. Others share genes with Europeans. Since we are so mixed up racially, cultural differences would be a more reasonable thing to fight about.
    Last edited by oladub; May-24-12 at 09:26 AM. Reason: there>their