Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Cheesecake Bistro

Can't decide what's more cheesy - the concept, the artist's rendering or the owner.

SteveJ Guest

Even worse is he's calling it a cheesecake bistro but serving frozen cheesecake. You can buy cheesecake factory at sams club.

I heard some jackhammers going to work in there full tilt about a week ago. Something's happening...

To open Sept. 10.

Don't hold your breath.

I know, they keep pushing it back, but I walk by there every day and have noticed a lot more activity. In fact, I got the date when I asked a toqued chef on break -- and I don't know why they'd have chefs on staff unless it was down to the wire.

I hate to say this but i think the place is going to be kinda "cheesy" when it opens up. In my daily walks downtown I see they have now placed two gold type "Lions" in front of it and some kinda worn looking red carpeting.. The lions look like they were bought at Big Lots. Hopefully the place will raise the bar a bit from that.

they have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/DetroitsCheesecakeBistro

I like the sconce. the rendering doesn't look too bad to me, either

It opened, but it's closed again. Now there's a sign on the front saying it will re-open Sept. 28.

I'm no expert, but I'd say this kind of stuff bodes ill for the joint.

Sewer issues? Infestation? Failed inspection? Permits not signed off?

I'm curious why that would happen so soon?