Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default EMS worker who tended to Tamara Green wins lawsuit

A Detroit Fire Department EMS worker won a default judgment today in his whistleblower lawsuit, saying he had been fired after reporting that a woman at Detroit Receiving Hospital said she had been assaulted by the wife of then-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.
    So this is proof that the EMS worker was fired because it spoke about a beating from Carlita. Will there be any investigation into whether there indeed WAS a Manoogian party or not?

http://www.freep.com/article/2009061...e+wins+lawsuit

lilpup Guest

On May 27, Oakland County Circuit Judge Wendy Potts found the city in default on the lawsuit because it had not responded in a timely manner. Today, Potts dismissed a motion to set aside the default judgment after Assistant City Attorney Valerie Colbert-Osamuede arrived late to the courthouse after the case had been called.
    Why is Colbert-Osamuede still representing the City?

Default, because the City's lawyers did not show up once, and arrived late another time!

"On May 27, Oakland County Circuit Judge Wendy Potts found the city in default on the lawsuit because it had not responded in a timely manner. Today, Potts dismissed a motion to set aside the default judgment after Assistant City Attorney Valerie Colbert-Osamuede arrived late to the courthouse after the case had been called."

The City can still appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Default, because the City's lawyers did not show up once, and arrived late another time!
    More incompetent city leadership, wow, who would have thought it.

Why do these fools receive a paycheck again?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Why is Colbert-Osamuede still representing the City?
    My question exactly, Why is she still on the City payroll????????????

Could this be a tactic the City has taken to not "air dirty laundry"? They would have lost the case anyway from the sounds of it. This way, no testimony was given and therefore the rumors continue. No proof via testimony.

The worker is still going to have to prove damages, which will require testimony about what happened. But I would be surprised if it really is a done deal on liability. There'll still be a motion for rehearing and an appeal, if necessary.

The default judgement has been set aside.

In related news, Valerie Colbert-Osamuede has been removed from the case, and “the appropriate disciplinary action will be pursued related to the entry of the default.”

It makes so much sense that its so unheard of and goes so much against my experience with the City legal department that I need to ask for a source as a pinch me that I'm not dreaming. Whats next? Confiscating delinquent properties that violate city sales agreements rather than paying top dollar to get them back?
    Last edited by mjs; June-24-09 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    It makes so much sense that its so unheard of and goes so much against my experience with the City legal department that I need to ask for a source as a pinch me that I'm not dreaming. Whats next? Confiscating delinquent properties that violate city sales agreements rather than paying top dollar to get them back?
    http://freep.com/article/20090624/NE...per+to+proceed

Thank you Mr. Palmer.