Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Giant Mechanical Man...

I just noticed this trailer a few days ago - plenty of scenes filmed in Detroit. Several scenes [[@ :30, 1:25, 1:39) filmed in my building [[Lafer aka Broadway Lofts). My wife said the film crews were back here a few weeks ago. Kind of cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RtbvHJzlyrw

It's Pam!
    Very cool. It's always nice to see a movie filmed here where the focus isn't on the city itself [[or destruction).

Quote Originally Posted by BasementBeat View Post
    It's Pam!
    What?! Oh, it's that other Pam. Plus the dude from That 70's Show in a wig. That does look like it might be a decent movie.

I agree it looks like a pretty cute movie. Who knows, maybe detroiters will want a statue of the Giant Mech man instead of Robopoliceofficer?

The movie is available on Comcast on-demand - we watched it last night. The film crews that my wife saw a few weeks ago must have been for something else. The movie had plenty of scenes from around the city - several at the people mover stations, and several at the zoo. I had to laugh at one scene where the woman was at the Grand Circus station and she asked another person if the train was running late. The same train that eventually made it all the way out to her job at the DIA [[LOL). Overall the movie was good - we enjoyed it.

I saw this not too long ago. Aginthe313 is right, it is pretty good!

Jenna Fischer!!!

::drool::