Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default RIP Adam [[MCA) Yauch

I got in trouble for playing the Beastie's song Cookie Puss on my radio show back in the 80's. One of my all time faves. Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I got in trouble for playing the Beastie's song Cookie Puss on my radio show back in the 80's. One of my all time faves. Sad day.

#BrassMonkey

Unfortunately I never got a chance to hear any of their songs off of their first EP. I loved Licence To Ill though. Paul's Boutique got a little too experimental for me. But they made good music throughout their careers. MCA will be missed.

I had their pre-rap punk record:

http://youtu.be/lu5VkypHzoI

rest in peace, MCA..

I bought that "some old bull..." compilation they put out years ago; with the slight exception of the crank-call driven "cookie puss" song, their punk stuff sucked, lol

Ive always thought of Pauls Boutique as their opus. Fucking amazing. By far my favorite of all their work.

Check out this live Egg Man from Germany.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTccp...&feature=share