Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Why are property taxes on Ficano house so low?

Uh-oh! Ficano got a bit unhinged a points during this exchange with Leduff. Ole' Brook-sie weighed into the issue as well. See video...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ow-20120503-ms

lol, my God the people who run Detroit and it's surrounding suburbs are so woefully corrupt it's ridiculous. Don't feel bad though, here in Saginaw we had a mayor who was dating a crack dealer and started showing up slashing city employees tires haha. Only in Michigan. We also had another mayor who was a slum lord and burned one of her own houses down to collect the insurance [[she is also a sanctified christian preacher).

The home is not owner occupied.. Wonder if taxes that are being paid on as cololected as "non-homestead". I understand the state can go back and collect difference.

He has a D next to his name so it doesn't matter what he does. We still vote for him.

Bob Ficano is such a liar, even worse, he's a BAD liar. He gets to shaking and twitching and stuttering - its going to be a joy to get him on trial, he'll never be able to take the stand in his own defense!

How disgusting that he is hiding behind his poor elderly parents, what a man! Wow.

I love Charlie LeDuff!

I enjoyed watching Charlie LeDuff taking on the corrupt Bob Ficano regarding the property tax issue. Keep up the good work Charlie and nail this CROOK!

Why does Ficano still talk to LeDuff, when LeDuff makes him look sooo bad.

Buy American Guest

I got a kick out of Ficano using the "immigrant card" in the piece.

SteveJ Guest

I usually enjoy Leduff but I thought he was making a big deal about nothing.

If Bob wasn't listed as owner, then it doesn't matter if he lives in the house or not. The taxes are the responsibility of his parents---I think the burden is on the County to make sure the taxes are adjusted when the property changes hands. All that said...Bob is still a crook and needs to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Why does Ficano still talk to LeDuff, when LeDuff makes him look sooo bad.
    LOL...nah, Ficano makes himself look bad, LeDuff merely lets us all see it very clearly.

So, if the house really belongs to his parents, then I guess he's not claiming the homestead exemption. A peek at his state tax return would clear up the issue one way or the other wouldn't it?